Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent

- - - Updated - - -

What parameters did you use? :)

I printed mine with ABS, 2 perimeters 15% infill 0.125mm layer height. Acetone vapor smoothed the parts and use abs-flurry to glue it together. I'll hopefully be able to sand the seams this week and prepare it for painting :)

This is awesome! Many thanks to you for releasing these files. Many people don't due to whatever silly regulations they put on themselves. If I made files I would be honored if people used them. Can't wait to start slicing and printing!

Got some basic paint on it!
xcKKgIY.jpg

I'm not sure which I'm impressed with more - the sheer workmanship that's gone into this build so far, or the fact that you've even managed to give the paint scheme a texturing that bolsters the authentic look to the piece.

I'm very impressed either way. Seal of approval on this build.

I'm not sure which I'm impressed with more - the sheer workmanship that's gone into this build so far, or the fact that you've even managed to give the paint scheme a texturing that bolsters the authentic look to the piece.

I'm very impressed either way. Seal of approval on this build.

Thank you so much :)

Wow! that looks amazing, great job! looking forward to i get mine to that stage so can admire it :)

So do I - eagerly awaiting more pics :)

I had to load up photoshop just to properly express my feelings towards that helmet:
View attachment 30064

Lol nice PS :p

Looks very very nice. I'm impressed. Seams are invisible. Great job!

Thanks Dagmara! Some of the seams are still visible but it's a lot better than my last helmet

What is the name of that color? :)

I'm using Montana Black spray paint, and for my armor I used "Slate" for the dark greyish color and "Toad" for the green.

I don't know how to scale the parts. I've tried many times but I can't. Please someone help!!!
I'm 1.84 m height

The same method for scaling other models applies here. For instance, for the helmet measure your head and then the space inside the helmet and scale it to fit your head with room for any type of padding you plan on using. A universal scaling may work but everyone has different body types. There are forums about scaling, unfortunately it takes some work on your part.

I've found a video tutorial about how to scale (in this case) a Iron Man armor but I don't understand the mayority of what he's saying. I tried to make a modle of my body in Makehuman but the finished model did not have the same height that had in Makehuman.
Here is the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
okay so i have some bad news.... the last parts wont get out now :/ they was finished and ready, then my pc decided to crash and lost all i had done today... so yeah, we'll see if i can manage to get it done through the week, but motivation is low at the moment as i am so pissed at the software. I had on auto-save and backup, but this has apparently been turn off again in the last update they did... and i did save the file too by my self as i always do when i leave the pc after lots of work, but this apparently dissepared in the crash :'( so yeah, im going to cry myself to sleep. good night.

okay so i have some bad news.... the last parts wont get out now :/ they was finished and ready, then my pc decided to crash and lost all i had done today... so yeah, we'll see if i can manage to get it done through the week, but motivation is low at the moment as i am so pissed at the software. I had on auto-save and backup, but this has apparently been turn off again in the last update they did... and i did save the file too by my self as i always do when i leave the pc after lots of work, but this apparently dissepared in the crash :'( so yeah, im going to cry myself to sleep. good night.

Ouch.. What parts were missing? I do all my work against a Dropbox folder nowadays so I don't have to go through what you just did

Aww man, I can totally understand you! I had that happen a few months ago. I lost some models that I did not put in my dropbox. The Master Chief helmet was one of them. Luckily I had printed the helmet already. But it would have been nice to still keep the model... now I have a broken HDD... I tried a lot of programs to save my data but I have yet to find a program that recognizes STL or BLEND files. If anyone has an idea for me, do not hesitate to let me know.

A while back I had written some tough code to control some high power LEDs for an iron man arc reactor, and the arduino broke while wearing the suit and I lost the code on my laptop as well. It certainly sucks to lose files, but the nice thing is that you still get the experience of making it and improving your skills, and hopefully it's easier the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back