Halo 4 AA request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebris

So I'm new here, I've got a 3d printer and was trying to make the Halo 4 Air Assault helmet, and this is where I found a file to work off of. I tried to detail and scale the model as well as make it printable, but it turned out very poorly since I'm not experienced with modeling. Long story short, the model I've got ended up being pretty broken and hard to work with. I was wondering if anyone here had an already detailed H4 AA helmet I could use? This is my first project of this type, and so far I've been unsuccessful.

Thanks for putting in the time to help me, I appreciate it. The model looks really good and is 100% less broken than mine.

Sorry to bother you again, but do you have a version without subdivide applied? I'd like to try adding some detail (like in the image I attached), but it is difficult to edit high-poly meshes
AA_Helmet_fix_notes.png

Halo_AA_detail_edit.pdf

Last edited:
Of course Ill send a file if it's successful. On another note, since you use Blender as well, I got a few questions if you don't mind. I'm a beginner, so I'm not very good and there's a lot I don't know. Assuming you started with the armory file, how did you add thickness to it? I tried the solidify modifier and it added a bunch of geometry inside the model, to the point where I couldn't even fix it. After that didn't work, I extruded and scaled down, which added a severe angle for obvious reasons. Also, I noticed a lot of Boolean functions in the blend file. I haven't used Boolean much, mainly because the few times I've used it, it made a mess of the effected area. I was wondering what you used it for in the model? I'm trying to learn as much as I can about modeling since I'm trying to improve.

Assuming you started with the armory file, how did you add thickness to it?

Step 1 - Export the model from Pepakura to an obj file.
Step 2 - Import into Blender [the obj file.
Step 3 - Tab into edit mode and Remove part of the neck opening because I had a very good hunch that it was going to interfere with the solidify function.
Step 4 - Add Solidify to the model to a thickness I felt was reasonable for the model.

Also, I noticed a lot of Boolean functions in the blend file. I haven't used Boolean much, mainly because the few times I've used it, it made a mess of the effected area. I was wondering what you used it for in the model?

Don't use the Boolean until you are ready to split up the file into printable areas. I use the 3 large planes to cut up the model into 8 pieces so that you can print it on your printer. This video better explains how it's done:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back