Halo 4 EOD spartan build 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, after a full night of painting I finally am finished with the helmet! Looks so awesome though! I will post pics tomorrow :D

Paint and wiring is done!
Wiring
IMG_3316.JPG
IMG_3322.JPG
Paint
IMG_3317.JPG
IMG_3318.JPG
IMG_3319.JPG
IMG_3321.JPG
IMG_3323.JPG

Fantastic. Very sweet build. So you just rigged a flashlight to the back of the helmet, ran wiring and bulbs to each side vent? Stupid simple........Fantastic. Here I am wracking my brain (the few cells I have left) on how to do this........Thank you!!! now I just need "How to install a fan in your helmet,for Dummies"......Does the flashlight case get in the way or will you be covering that w/ padding?

One last question.....(feel like Colombo) the eye covers.......sunglasses, or something else?

Fantastic. Very sweet build. So you just rigged a flashlight to the back of the helmet, ran wiring and bulbs to each side vent? Stupid simple........Fantastic. Here I am wracking my brain (the few cells I have left) on how to do this........Thank you!!! now I just need "How to install a fan in your helmet,for Dummies"......Does the flashlight case get in the way or will you be covering that w/ padding?

One last question.....(feel like Colombo) the eye covers.......sunglasses, or something else?
Thank you!

as for the wiring, I took apart two flashlights, one for the battery casing and button, the other for the lights and circuit board. I cut the board and took out the lights and resistor. I attached the resistor in between the power and the first light so the lights didn't burn out.

The flashlight does restrict my movement very little, I can completely move side to side it just restricts me by a little less than an inch of looking up compared to normal. However, it rests very natural in the arch of my neck and the helmet is very comfortable.

As for the lenses, they are just polarized sunglasses that I cut to shape and sunk into the back side. I cut them a bit bigger than the hole so I could glue them into place.

and vision......because of the smaller eye holes......how restrictive is your vision?

and vision......because of the smaller eye holes......how restrictive is your vision?
I don't have a lot of up and down vision but I have good side to side vision, I don't have any blind spots in the center, because they are snug to my face, I can see well :)

Great looking helmet! I've been browsing around, never tried a foam helmet before but yours looks great and is a terrific take on GEN2/H4 EOD.
Look forward to seeing updates on the suit!

I honestly don't think I would ever attempt a helmet in foam... but yours looks amazing! Awesome work dude, I'm stoked to see another eod come to life

nice, I should have considered foam when I did a halo reach eod helmet for a friend

Thank you for the support on this helm; however, I've lost my inspiration for this project. With that said, there is still hope. I recently got inspired to start something out of halo 5, especially since I am about to get a load of materials to make it. keep an eye out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back