Halo 4 Recruit armor (3D Model build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I has the power of the program now and ima so happy with wanting to start using it i dont know what to capture first!!!::D Thanks again

I has the power of the program now and ima so happy with wanting to start using it i dont know what to capture first!!!::D Thanks again

lol your welcome xD

Oh and by the way (people whom are avidly watching this thread) here is a little something I thought I might share c:

zxp28m.png

Yes, that is what it looks like. Just needs to be cleaned up more.
ndn6hh.jpg

also Recon armor and helmet with outer-plated legs. I managed to clean up the mesh enough so it isn't pain painstakingly high poly... I just have to clean up the Recon helmet, chest, and the Fotus helmet... SO MUCH WORK!! XD

Guys, be aware that neither the ingame nor the scratch built armor pieces are guaranteed to fit your bodies. Even the ingame spartan bodies are heavily stylized and have shorter torsos and longer limbs compared to regular humans; also their heads are much smaller because of their height.
That's because brain and eye sizes are more or less the same for every human, no matter how tall you are - so a 7-feet tall guy has a proportionally small head compared to a 6-feet one.

So try to find a way to check the templates before you start your build, in order to avoid wasting time and resources.

Guys, be aware that neither the ingame nor the scratch built armor pieces are guaranteed to fit your bodies. Even the ingame spartan bodies are heavily stylized and have shorter torsos and longer limbs compared to regular humans; also their heads are much smaller because of their height.
That's because brain and eye sizes are more or less the same for every human, no matter how tall you are - so a 7-feet tall guy has a proportionally small head compared to a 6-feet one.

So try to find a way to check the templates before you start your build, in order to avoid wasting time and resources.

That's why I plan on using 123D Catch to capture my own body and scale my models to my own dimensions.

I'm pretty sure everybody here is well aware that all of these things play a factor. Also, the Halo 4 Spartans are much more proportionate than Halo 3/ Halo Reach Spartans. The base body model is also made to proportion of a human that is 6'0" tall and an athletic body build. Not to mention body scaling and such in the Pepakura software, so there really isnt any need to throw this message in here.

That's why I plan on using 123D Catch to capture my own body and scale my models to my own dimensions.

(GAH DOUBLE POST >.<)

Good idea Kingrahl! Make sure ya got proper lighting! Maybe even try wearing a morphsuit/ underarmor to get a better capture of your body xD
I'm going to be attempting this after winter, but man, good luck! 123D Catch certainly is a breakthrough for us!

(GAH DOUBLE POST >.<)

Good idea Kingrahl! Make sure ya got proper lighting! Maybe even try wearing a morphsuit/ underarmor to get a better capture of your body xD
I'm going to be attempting this after winter, but man, good luck! 123D Catch certainly is a breakthrough for us!

I've been thinking about this since last year when I saw this http://www.gamespot.com/features/comic-con-2012-360-costume-cam-6383837/?page=1. They used multiple cameras at once to take multiple angles. This will help prevent distortion from a person moving while you walk around them taking single pictures.

I've been thinking about this since last year when I saw this http://www.gamespot.com/features/comic-con-2012-360-costume-cam-6383837/?page=1. They used multiple cameras at once to take multiple angles. This will help prevent distortion from a person moving while you walk around them taking single pictures.

Huh... for some odd reason I cant access the 360 views of the costumes... oh well >.>
Thats a really good idea though! But with 123D Catch, you just need even lighting on your subject and enough pics to make a good product.

Alright, update time! As of lastnight, I now officially have a full suit of Halo 4 armor completed (however I did neglect making the glute plate for the outer-plated legs X'D It'll be an easy one to do anyways). I also cleaned up a model of the ROGUE helmet that I had started, I'm thinking about putting some more details on it, but its pretty good for just a low detail foam build. But now its time for renders!

14wpu2v.jpg

2qvxsgh.jpg

29xf96w.jpg

547tk3.jpg

fw605l.jpg

wow, those renders look amazing! just wondering if you could send me the files for them that'd be awesome!

Sorry. Didn't mean to post that since I now see I had already posted here. Dunno how to delete it from my mobile so ignore my last post :p

Thats looking really good... If you dont mind I would like to take a stab at unfolding the Helmet, Shins, and Boots... Just let me know and I'll pm you my email...

Chris

Glad ya think so. The model actually needs to be optimized more and cleaned up a bit. The back edges and areas around the body are a bit rough and need to be fixed. I'm currently extremely busy right now with college and such but I'll do what I can.
!!!BUT NOW ITS TIME FOR AN UPDATE FOR RECRUIT ARMOR!!!
Okay, first off; I just started up college on Monday this week and I've been pretty damn busy since then. Also, for the people that "want to unfold the Recruit armor." It isn't going to be happening any time with the first build. I am however going to start on a rebuild of the Recruit armor files that are a bit more basic in their level of detail and have a much better poly arrangement so that it actually works in Pepakura. Due time for this project is about 2 Weeks!
Now don't mark your callendars just yet because it may actually come out more soon. It really depends on how fast I can work on it and how much time I can get into it. Might have to pull off a few days going to bed during the early morning to finish it but I'll manage to do it either way.
Keep your eyes open on this thread! Updates will be juicey... like steak... and will be very good for all of you Recruit fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
iam interessted in the recon chest too. what are your plans with the file?
add details and make it ready for pepping? oder less detail for foam?
do you need any unfold help when the file is done?

just send me a pm

Yea, its gonna be a foam build primarily. I have somebody thats working on my model unfolds right now as well. But if you would like to give it a go with a foam friendly unfold, shoot me a PM and I'll link you the mediafire download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back