Halo 4 Spartan Build-First Suit ever built by me! (WIP and might be PIC Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those forearms look awesome! And you did that in 6 hours?! Crazy! I also love the fact that you placed the fan in front of the mouth area. With that running, it should change your voice. Just don't stick your tongue out at anyone while the helmet is on and the fan running!!!

I really appreciate it EVAkura!!! Yea i DID complete it within 6 hours. For the fan, it emits a blue luminescence to give it that mechanical vibe~~~~ I doesnt really change my voice that much but it's noticable. Regarding the fan in front, the piece with the silver and black sticker is where my mouth is at and it wouldnt cut my tongue. If i were to do it otherwise like sticking it down at a 45-50 degree angle, i dont wanna imagine the consequences @_@. If you plan to make foam forearms for your Spartan build, do consider my foam modified Halo 4 ODST forearms. It's my first---> http://www.4shared.com/file/IGhY_DUEce/H4_ODST_gauntlet_by_MS7_foam_u.html

**CONTINUATION**

BEHOLD! THE HALO 4 WARRIOR HELMET COMPLETED!

2013-12-30171257_zps57e83132.jpg

Comparison between the two Warrior helmets. I can say ive come a long way since my first few pep

love your paint scheme on the right. that is how I will paint mine, red and white or white and red don't know which yet. awesome job by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
love your paint scheme on the right. that is how I will paint mine, red and white or white and red don't know which yet. awesome job by the way

Thanks a lot Crimmson! I am envious of your 3D modelling skill @_@ Keep it up! for your paint scheme, I'd like to see a white base with red armour skin. Haven't seen any around, i hope you're the first :p

Thanks a lot Crimmson! I am envious of your 3D modelling skill @_@ Keep it up! for your paint scheme, I'd like to see a white base with red armour skin. Haven't seen any around, i hope you're the first :p

It's like you read my mind. Everything I paint is white with red. If you look at the pictures of the under suit its all red. No reason for envy, download blender and watch some tutorials. You will surprised how easy it is to pick up ,but frustrating because you can't make the model as you see in your mind or reference. So you keep pulling and pushing faces until you get it how you want.

It's like you read my mind. Everything I paint is white with red. If you look at the pictures of the under suit its all red. No reason for envy, download blender and watch some tutorials. You will surprised how easy it is to pick up ,but frustrating because you can't make the model as you see in your mind or reference. So you keep pulling and pushing faces until you get it how you want.

You're like an inverted version of me! everything i paint is red with white XD Anyway I'll get my hands on some 3D modelling software after i've upgraded my PC. As of now it's half dead.

It's like you read my mind. Everything I paint is white with red.

You're like an inverted version of me! everything i paint is red with white XD

Haha! I paint white with red, too. You guys have some pretty great taste in color combinations! ;P

Your pieces are lookin pretty sharp. Really diggin the helmets! Gonna have to make my suit a Warrior helmet someday, now...your finished piece on the right really sells it. ^_^

Great build. I love how you substituted bondo with foam. I might have to give that a shot once I start my project. Keep up the good work.

Haha! I paint white with red, too. You guys have some pretty great taste in color combinations! ;P

Your pieces are lookin pretty sharp. Really diggin the helmets! Gonna have to make my suit a Warrior helmet someday, now...your finished piece on the right really sells it. ^_^

Great build. I love how you substituted bondo with foam. I might have to give that a shot once I start my project. Keep up the good work.

Erh Merh gerhd that work is fantastic keep it up

A huge Thanks to all you guys for your kind and inspirational words! It really means a lot to me and i know the fact that I'm improving by the day just by reading all your feedbacks! The thighs will be remade when i have time which i have none at the moment. Been VERY busy with school stuff and there's a MAJOR exam for me at the end of the year. This will cause my update to be less and less frequent and i'll try my best to find time for my build. Stay tuned ~~~

Great job! You've def inspired me on trying to fully finish my suit and again try and build a proper helm. Keep up the great work!

Awesome man! Keep it up, and try to post more pics ^^

Thanks Spartangirll117!!! I will have more pictures rolling out within the next two weeks while i revive my spartan from the dead after "banishing" it for a few months due to exams and school stuff. Now im back on track and ready as ever!

Great job! You've def inspired me on trying to fully finish my suit and again try and build a proper helm. Keep up the great work!

Thanks a bunch Andrewjd1124! that really means a lot to me as it motivates me to continue my suit to the very end i really appreciate the fact that my work can inspire others to start their very own suit and also get back to their abandoned build. Can't wait for what you'll come up with ;D

After 3 months of slumber, i have finally awaken from the curse of the exams and will now resume my work. For those of you who have been following this build for a while now, im very sorry i was little to not active at all due to school stuff and exams but will get back on track with minimal delay. As for everyone else, the next part that im building, rebuilding rather, is the thigh pieces. I wasnt very satisfied with my previous one because i just sprayed it with normal spraypaint without prior preparations such as PVA and plastidip coating and now it's coming back to bite me in the ass. The foam is starting to crack and paint is chipping off. What i have in mind for the thighs is the Halo 4 ODST thighs. Based on the game, the thighs and the shins should be of the same type eg. Mk V thighs to go together with Mk V shins but I'm adding my own twist to it, ODST thighs and Mk V shins.

As of now, I'm finding suitable reference picture so i can make the thigh by myself without pepakura templates, or scratch-building for those who haven't already know. Why do you ask? It's because it gives me a challenge and more importantly, the pieces that i build can match my size properly and proportionally to the rest of the suit as I'm a skinny guy of a small build XD. Hope you'll stick around for the epicness that's coming your way...

~Jen

Yea I know what is to have exams and school homework... Thats why I didnt started my suit yet xd

You're doing great with everything so far. Keep pressing on! :D

ERRMAHHGERDD!! It's the one and only Vshore100!! i really admire the quality of your suit such as the infamous CQB build :DDD. Don't worry, I'll start posting as soon as im making once ive gathered sufficient reference pictures for the Halo 4 ODST.

**CONTINUATION**

FINALLY An actual update post :D

20140525_154850_zpszxruyqtj.jpg

Half way through cutting out the templates for the hand. These fiddly bits are a real annoyance when cutting..

20140525_154853_zpsle1t7zaz.jpg

Traced the first few pieces that im gonna stick

20140525_175340_zpsqevfkzor.jpg

Left hand done! Took me a little over an hour to complete this. Gotten a little rusty after not cutting stuff foam for a long time ;P

20140525_181611_zpsvlro3cqr.jpg

EVA foam + superglue + skin = bad combo

So I was going to glue the eva foam pieces on the glove which I was already wearing. Suddenly I felt some prickling sensation and a few seconds later it turned into a burn that you'll get from a fire. The superglue kinda melted the foam a little and it the superglue+foam residue seeped through the holes in the glove and adhered to my skin. Just so you know and hope you won't repeat the same mistake as I did (It gotten worse a day later or as of when this was posted)

20140525_182340_zpsnjdwgmbq.jpg

Comparison with a Magnum in hand..

20140525_194637_zpspcb5nauy.jpg

I finally bought the mesh material that i can use for my undersuit. For those of you wondering what it is, it's basically just a cheap laundry bag..

20140525_232432_zpsfhnhzl3d.jpg

Right side done!!!

PicsArt_1401032464502_zpsyfbrusub.jpg

This is the both sides of the gloves for a comparison. The one on the left is a little crappy due to the slight misalignment

20140524_221532_zpsp5pqzj7o.jpg

Time to scratch build the Halo 4 ODST Thigh pieces!

I really like how the gloves turned out after sustaining injuries in the midst of doing so XD
Stay tuned as there will be more to come!

Hand pieces looking good!

It turned out way better than I expected :D

20140527_164313_zpsfykurnd4.jpg

Bought a roll of aluminium tape to be used for making decals/ stickers for my armour. I printed out the UNSC logo to be stuck at the back of my Orbital chest piece.

20140527_165949_zpshtxsebss.jpg

Took me a painstaking 10 minutes to cut it out.

20140527_171834_zpsg9gvb7iy.jpg

stuck it nicely to the back of the chest piece ;)

Build is looking very awesome :)
sad that i missed it up until now
keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back