Halo 4 To Be Announced At E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom said:
Won't say anything other then the fact that Bungie's next game being a Halo is a stretch, more or less, it will be a Reach.

;)

-Doom

Wow, very subtle hint Doom....... But i don't think that we will ever find out what happens to John, not in another game anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys (and Gals) I think I know what is the next Halo :eek:

Halo Interactive Strategy Game

Press Release said:
Genius Products LLC and B1 Games Unleash First Board Game Based on Microsoft and Bungies’ Highly Successful Video Game Franchise

Halo™ Interactive Strategy Game

Game for All Ages Maintains Critical Elements of the Hit Video Game and Offers Endless Gameplay

SANTA MONICA, Calif.—(BUSINESS WIRE)—Calling all Halo fans across the universe! Let the battle for supremacy begin as Genius Products, Inc. (OTCBB: GNPI) and B1 Games unveil the first ever board game based on Microsoft and Bungies’ best selling entertainment property - Halo™. The all-new Halo™ Interactive Strategy Game captures the edge-of-your-seat action and storyline of the video game as it gives players the chance to control UNSC Marine and Covenant forces in strategic battles for power. Hitting retail this September, the game brings the Halo universe to a broader audience with its family-friendly features.

“Halo is one of the most recognizable and successful video game franchise of all time and boasts a tremendous worldwide presence that continues to grow,” said Trevor Drinkwater, President and CEO of Genius Products. “Fans of all ages are going to love this extension of the popular brand that offers endless game play. B1 Games has created an incredibly innovative game that mirrors the hit franchise and will truly resonate with fans.”

Featuring the same premise and characters as the video game - including Master Chief, A.I. and Covenant - the Halo™ Interactive Strategy Game offers a modular board that can be re-configured to create a virtually limitless game play experience. In recreating the video game’s signature three dimension graphic design, the game pulls fan-favorite elements from Halo 1, 2, and 3 along with music from the video game’s award-winning soundtrack and features unseen exclusive DVD content to enhance game play.

In the game, players will command armies of three-dimensional collectible character pieces for two different levels of play: Heroic for faster, more casual game play and Legendary for more strategic advanced gamers. Fans can follow storylines that expand the Halo experience in Campaign mode or go head-to-head in interactive battle sequences with Slayer or Capture the Flag modes. The battle options are endless with future add-ons of new adventures, vehicles, characters and weapons to expand the experience.

The Halo™ Interactive Strategy Game is suitable for ages 10+ and will be available at retailers nationwide.

About B1 Games

B1 Games is a premier entertainment and game company that brings a whole new dimension to the way the world has fun. B1 Games incorporates world-class design and proprietary interactive elements to create an entirely unique gaming experience. B1 Games continually pushes the limits of technology and creativity to achieve a game experience that is fun and exciting. The name “B1” symbolizes our belief in bringing families and friends together for a truly interactive shared experience.

About Genius Products

Genius Products, Inc. (OTCBB:GNPI), along with The Weinstein Company Holdings LLC, together owns Genius Products, LLC, a leading independent home-entertainment distribution company that produces, licenses and distributes a valuable library of motion pictures, television programming, family, lifestyle and trend entertainment on DVD and other emerging platforms through its expansive network of retailers throughout the U.S. Genius handles the distribution, marketing and sales for such brands as Asia Extreme™, Discovery Kids™, Dragon Dynasty™, Dimension Films™, Entertainment Rights, Classic Media and Big Idea (Entertainment Rights group companies), ESPN®, IFC®, RHI Entertainment™, Sesame Workshop®, The Weinstein Company® and WWE®. Genius Products, Inc. is the managing member of Genius Products, LLC, in which it holds a 30% equity interest.

LastSpartan said:
Guys (and Gals) I think I know what is the next Halo :eek:

Halo Interactive Strategy Game
you mean that board game coming out?

Doom said:
Won't say anything other then the fact that Bungie's next game being a Halo is a stretch, more or less, it will be a Reach.

;)

-Doom
Oh i see what you did thar.

Tehe i can guess.

AoBfrost said:
Well he is, but he isnt the main character, he is just a extra supporting character. Heres what Joe Staten from bungie says:

That's what I heard in GAMEPRO Magazine

Assassin716 said:
if they were making a movie based on the first Halo game (no one knows what the movie is base on yet...from what i recall), i think it would go over certain characters that had an importance

like Johnson
Keyes
Major Silva

and certain points in the game that you have to know like

the exiting slipspace, landing, rescue keyes, ...basically each level of the game lol

I have to admit The Flood book (you know the one lossley based on Halo 1) was the best of them all :D

It could be about that was it SGT. Mutumbo or some thing the one the chief found dead right before Guilty Spark says there is armor like 20 times better than Mark IV

and also the attack on the bluff could be in a movie there could be a movie about PVT. Jenkins like The Flood and Contact Harvest comined

baileyboys said:
Oh i see what you did thar.
Tehe i can guess.
Halo 4 in some way, shape, or form WILL be at E3 at the last hour of the last day!(I reason I know this is Bungie is going to do something big according to a recent Bungie Update, Sarsatic Gamer, A secret ARG, A countdown and many older Weekly updates from Bungie)

That board game thingamajig sounds neat, awesome, and worth a bundle of cash, id buy it tho.

Bungie will probably come up with a game based on Halo, maybe not necessarily halo 4.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did come out with halo 4, because halo 3 left alot of questions unanswered and the ending was setup for a sequel.

If they do come out with halo 4, im sure they won't mess it up. because they left halo 2 with an ending that was hard to put into another game. with the ending to halo 2 being so abrupt they couldve easily messed up completley on Halo 3, but they didn't, they made Halo 3 the epic, grand game we know and love. they even stepped it up a notch.

so if halo 4 comes out, im pretty sure it'll be grander and awsomer then it's predecessors. there's so much to explore in the halo universe that halo 3 will definitley not be the last time we meet with the masterchief.

Sean Bradley said:
It's an interactive (DVD based) board game that was announced last week.

Could be that PJ and Weta filmed the DVD segments... hmm.
I have no idea how an interactive DVD game could possibly live up to any of the previous games...

"you have reached the next part of the game, please decide which way to drive the warthog be pressing the direction keys on your DVD remote".... Shudder

Just to add things to the mix, IGN have put up an article stating that there will be a big anouncement from Bungie this coming Monday.

"Those mischievous scamps at Bungie have been teasing the internet, whispering suggestive statements at the end of its recent podcast about some major Bungie news coming this Monday".

full article: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/886/886951p1.html

RedTogusa said:
Just to add things to the mix, IGN have put up an article stating that there will be a big anouncement from Bungie this coming Monday.

"Those mischievous scamps at Bungie have been teasing the internet, whispering suggestive statements at the end of its recent podcast about some major Bungie news coming this Monday".

full article: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/886/886951p1.html
I just finished listing to the podcast. Probably one of the best so far, second only to the Luke Timon's one.
I was very intrigued about them saying that something will be announced on the 14th, i would have thought if they were going to announce something they would have done it on Bungie day.
Edit: Ah its the start of E3... :oops: thats why there announcing it then.

Haha, it's ok portal. I would of actually thought it silly for them to announce anything huge yesterday with E3 coming up so soon.

Well, I don't know if any of you saw them, but there were some Halo-like transmissions at the end of a few of their weekly updates. I only say Halo-related because they mention Slipspace...

Viral marketing? Again?

I have a horrible gut feeling this is gonna turn out like Star Wars. Tons of pointless crappy games and hundreds of badly written books (No offence to Star Wars Fans.) or Final Fantasy with huge numbers at the end. I can picture it now.

Halo 17: Master Chief fights back. ROFLCopter

Hey, so far I haven't played a Final Fantasy game I didn't like (Except 9). Quite frankly I really don't care how many games they make, just as long as they have decent gameplay, a great story, and (for the sake of the few of us out there) a good soundtrack. And don't mock the Halo books! Eric Nylund is a fantasic writer, as long as they keep him the Halo books will be l33t. After him....well looking at "The flood" book....you might be right lol. But besides that you gotta have faith in Halo!

Halo XVII: ReTrn of T3h fl00dz....agn!

BTW, tune into G4! E3 is gonna be on at 1pm EST on Monday :D!

I have a horrible gut feeling this is gonna turn out like Star Wars. Tons of pointless crappy games and hundreds of badly written books (No offence to Star Wars Fans.) or Final Fantasy with huge numbers at the end. I can picture it now.

LIke i said before, Bungie has had tons of opportunities to mess up on all 3 halo games, so if they release halo 4 I trust it'll be relevant, to the point, actionfilled, and with a good plot. I'm sure that any other games and or merchandise won't end up being sad pathetic reruns of already existing halo stuff.

Spartan 276 said:
LIke i said before, Bungie has had tons of opportunities to mess up on all 3 halo games, so if they release halo 4 I trust it'll be relevant, to the point, actionfilled, and with a good plot. I'm sure that any other games and or merchandise won't end up being sad pathetic reruns of already existing halo stuff.
why is there a pic for halo wars? tell me your not saying halo wars is halo 4 :cautious: h wars is a prequel...

Spartan 276 said:
They kinda messed up halo 3. Do you know how many broken custom games options there are? Lots.

Lots of lots.

For instance, a person with the flag can't drive with the flag EVEN if the option is turned on. They just drop it.

Things like that had a devastating effect on RCG (who you may know from the Team Carnage playlist in Halo 2).

I'm kinda tired of this story arc anyway. Start a new franchise, or continue Marathon. Also, it's too bad I don't have G4 anymore. :[ The only thing I ever really wanted to watch on there was E3 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back