Halo 5 Achilles - WIP with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuprWeenieHutJr

So after seeing the Achilles helmet in Halo 5 I decided I really wanted to make it. I've worked with foam a little bit (trying to make a warhammer suit) but this is my first build from scratch. It was particularly intimidating because there are so few reference images. It's note done yet but I'm very happy with it so far.

image.jpg
The first project pic I took

image.jpg
The base done, lots of rough parts but I hope the detailing will help

image.jpg

This is is as far as I am right now, parts aren't completely accurate to the game model, and lots of work still needs to be done, but I am very happy with it! If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. And any reference images of the full suit would be great too because I want to make the whole thing at some point

- - - Updated - - -

I posted this from my iPad and it looks like there are formatting issues, I will work on fixing it when I can get on my computer

Not sure if the full suit is up yet in the halo5 archive. I think we have the helm at least. If we do, I can do some renders of the helm tonight for you to use as reference.

By the way, great work for scratch work!

Not sure if the full suit is up yet in the halo5 archive. I think we have the helm at least. If we do, I can do some renders of the helm tonight for you to use as reference.

By the way, great work for scratch work!

Unfortunately it is not up there yet, if I knew anything about rendering I would try it myself. But that would be greatly appreciated if you could do some renders! Thank you so much

I'll do some renders, trying to get the lighting right to where you can see the details as much as possible. Just need a little more time. :)

SuprWeenieHutJr
ARCHILLES%20front_zpsrjmk9ekj.png
ARCHILLES%20side_zps3dric8lh.png
ARCHILLES%20back_zpsv67uk7s6.png

Let me know if this will work for you?

Attachments

• ARCHILLES%20side_zps3dric8lh.png
    ARCHILLES%20side_zps3dric8lh.png
    461.5 KB · Views: 420
  • ARCHILLES%20front_zpsrjmk9ekj.png
    ARCHILLES%20front_zpsrjmk9ekj.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 497
  • ARCHILLES%20back_zpsv67uk7s6.png
    ARCHILLES%20back_zpsv67uk7s6.png
    402.9 KB · Views: 450

This is great! Thank you so much. It will definitely be a challenge to fix some of the details but I will be using these a lot, thanks again.

Not a problem! Just let me know if you need different views of the helm. Like 3\4 views, top view, etc. Also, when you move onto other parts of the Archilles armor, I can provide reference for those to. :)

You wouldn't happen to have a rendering without the top plume would you? Wanna see what it'd look like with it for when I make mine.

have u got any pics of the chest ? i need it

chestplate-archilles_zpsdf4mycyo.png

Hope this helps. I regret applying the shader, it gave it a old rustic look, with a coat of paint on it. Shader has metallic flakes, but the flaking is rather large. Anyways I'll eventually get around to doing more renders with a different shader.

Attachments

• chestplate-archilles_zpsdf4mycyo.png
    chestplate-archilles_zpsdf4mycyo.png
    1 MB · Views: 338
I love the Achilles! I think you can do it. Your helmet looks great so far, nice clean cuts. Clean cuts are key to your suit but they're mostly more noticeable on the helmet, shouldn't be a problem for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back