Halo 5 Cortana Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! BlazedStarbon I looked in wal-mart again today and found one for $15 that I'm contemplating, I'll try Real Canadian Superstore when I get a chance though I don't really go over that way often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then your best bet would be Wal-Mart. Superstore prices are roughly the same as Canadian Tire, if not more.

Thanks! Sorry I haven't been so active but work has been killer the past couple days x.x I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow. Any luck and I'll be able to make some progress this week before the weekend hits again but I need to finish my other contest project first.... >.> I'll post once it's done but I need to scan and digitize it first.

Edit: Just realized that Cortana's shoulder armour translates well to Rockman.EXE's shoulder armour too *.* Maybe I can reuse the same template!

IshidaRyusei, this might help you out a bit.

CommanderPalmer
When I start a WIP thread, do I have to have something to show?
If you want a successful thread, yes. The most successful threads start off with pictures or a video to get the rest of the members more involved in what you are building. Threads that start off with a lot of pictures generally get more attention than threads that start off with “I’m going to build…” and no pictures.

While this thread is already 3 pages in, go at your own pace for this project Ishida. We're not going anywhere. All would love to see how you go about the build, but don't fret over not having anything done right now. Stay positive and proactively on topic ;)

So, probblem. I was supposed to order the bodysuit this week but with Canada post going on strike I may have to hold off... Am I better off putting the project on temporary hold as far as the bodysuit goes and waiting this out or should I just dive in and risk it? I mean, I can just continue on in other ways with things that don't need to be purchased online but it still makes things difficult in terms of test fits. I'm planning to do the foam as an undersuit so it's an issue in that regard if I want to make sure I can fit it into the suit comfortably. Advice?

^ That costume is actually painted ON the bodysuit minus the bracers...as far as I can tell after re-watching the video. Great detail as it's deceiving to the eye at first glance. She did a wonderful job on it.

IshidaRyusei, usually websites have a size chart. Find a fabric measuring tape, and measure yourself in the proper areas - chest, waist, hips. That's all you need! For myself (to compare, as bodysuits are mostly determined by height), I'm 5'2, so a small fit perfectly. I doubt you'd need anything bigger, even with a foam undersuit. :)
(I also have a medium, but while it fit, it was loose in certain areas.) As for Canada Post possibly going on strike, if you're purchasing from a website that is not Canadian, chances are it will most likely be shipped via UPS. Amazon (US version) is also not affected by this, and that's how I received my bodysuit in the New Year.

Also, nothing's stopping you from working on other aspects of the costume if you have to wait. ;)

Yup, that was only a morphsuit painted on. I never said there was more to it. XD
It looked immediately as normal painted bodysuit, nothing more but it doesn't change the fact that they did Cortana. :)

You could probably check with GunHead design and see if they have, or would make a halo 5 cortana pattern, buy the pattern, then send it to a printing company where they are printed onto the custom tailored morphsuit with extremely high grade ink. I did the same thing on my halo undersuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ That costume is actually painted ON the bodysuit minus the bracers...as far as I can tell after re-watching the video. Great detail as it's deceiving to the eye at first glance. She did a wonderful job on it.

IshidaRyusei, usually websites have a size chart. Find a fabric measuring tape, and measure yourself in the proper areas - chest, waist, hips. That's all you need! For myself (to compare, as bodysuits are mostly determined by height), I'm 5'2, so a small fit perfectly. I doubt you'd need anything bigger, even with a foam undersuit. :)
(I also have a medium, but while it fit, it was loose in certain areas.) As for Canada Post possibly going on strike, if you're purchasing from a website that is not Canadian, chances are it will most likely be shipped via UPS. Amazon (US version) is also not affected by this, and that's how I received my bodysuit in the New Year.

Also, nothing's stopping you from working on other aspects of the costume if you have to wait. ;)

Yeah, I'll be ordering via an American website. I'm not worried too much about size but I'm the type that likes to test as I go haha helps with making necessary adjustments.

Yup, that was only a morphsuit painted on. I never said there was more to it. XD
It looked immediately as normal painted bodysuit, nothing more but it doesn't change the fact that they did Cortana. :)

Looks great! I am definitely taking a different approach to it though.

You could probably check with GunHead design and see if they have, or would make a halo 5 cortana pattern, buy the pattern, then send it to a printing company where they are printed onto the custom tailored morphsuit with extremely high grade ink. I did the same thing on my halo undersuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't be printing the suit on it. I plan to make most of it from scratch save for the actual base bbodysuit. I'll be painting on only the darker blue details while the rest is going to be createdusing different methods.

Ok, so I found one that looks more accurate. I hope it'll be useful for you. Here it is

Screenshot_2016-07-08-21-07-25.png

Ok, so I found one that looks more accurate. I hope it'll be useful for you. Here it is

View attachment 29097

Damn, I really hope I'm not right, but it looks 100% like they just used stuff provided by 343i - it looks EXACTLY like their renders... and it's bad, because they can't use official assets and just make money. :/
And that neck area, it looks very weird, like they overlapped too many layers of the same image...

Damn, I really hope I'm not right, but it looks 100% like they just used stuff provided by 343i - it looks EXACTLY like their renders... and it's bad, because they can't use official assets and just make money. :/
Let's hope it's not. I'll get in touch with the owner of the account to see if he actually used the official assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back