Halo 5 Cortana Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope it's not. I'll get in touch with the owner of the account to see if he actually used the official assets.

Sorry to say, but it looks EXACTLY like it to me. :(

This is what 343i released after the game launched - they released HI RES pictures, and that pattern looks exactly like they just used these assets and would be making money out of it.
They screwed up at the neck though, they copied the same thing too many times.

halo_5_cortana_full_body_by_dustiniz117-d9r45jq.jpg

Attachments

• halo_5_cortana_full_body_by_dustiniz117-d9r45jq.jpg
    halo_5_cortana_full_body_by_dustiniz117-d9r45jq.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 820
Sorry to say, but it looks EXACTLY like it to me. :(

This is what 343i released after the game launched - they released HI RES pictures, and that pattern looks exactly like they just used these assets and would be making money out of it.
They screwed up at the neck though, they copied the same thing too many times.

http://img09.deviantart.net/fcdf/i/2016/040/c/a/halo_5_cortana_full_body_by_dustiniz117-d9r45jq.jpg
Definitely looks the same as the official renders. I'm using these as reference bbut PLEASE stop telling me to get it printed onto the suit guys! I've said multiple times already that I am intending to piant the details on myself using liquid latex body paints. Her outfit is composed of multiple layers and simply printing it on a suit doesn't have the right feel to me. If I'm doing this I want it to bbe done right and not cheat my way out. This will be my first masquerade entry when she's done so I want it to be done by my own hands where possible.

Trying to throw together a Human!Cortana for tomorrow's Japan Festival, I'll post pics of it once I get it done but that's just a casual side thing for fun.

Definitely looks the same as the official renders. I'm using these as reference bbut PLEASE stop telling me to get it printed onto the suit guys! I've said multiple times already that I am intending to piant the details on myself using liquid latex body paints. Her outfit is composed of multiple layers and simply printing it on a suit doesn't have the right feel to me. If I'm doing this I want it to bbe done right and not cheat my way out. This will be my first masquerade entry when she's done so I want it to be done by my own hands where possible.

Trying to throw together a Human!Cortana for tomorrow's Japan Festival, I'll post pics of it once I get it done but that's just a casual side thing for fun.

Yeah, I also wonder why everyone is still trying to sell you the idea of buying a printed... I've seen KaulinD post (spam) it every-damn-where here and on Facebook too, but you said it many times you want to use latex paint.
I totally agree, Cortana's body-armor is complex and composed of multiple layers. If you had MJOLNIR - it would cover most of the undersuit, but without it - the suit itself is the center of attention and it will look A LOT better if you will make it out of multiple layers with something transparent imitating hardlight-looking armor plates.

Yes, please post pics! And good luck and have fun! :D

Yeah, I also wonder why everyone is still trying to sell you the idea of buying a printed... I've seen KaulinD post (spam) it every-damn-where here and on Facebook too, but you said it many times you want to use latex paint.
I totally agree, Cortana's body-armor is complex and composed of multiple layers. If you had MJOLNIR - it would cover most of the undersuit, but without it - the suit itself is the center of attention and it will look A LOT better if you will make it out of multiple layers with something transparent imitating hardlight-looking armor plates.

Yes, please post pics! And good luck and have fun! :D

YES!!! My point exactly! Painting it or getting it printed will just look flat but by using the body paints on the suit I can get the same shiny appearance that we see in the references! Perfect examples of this is the butt /legs or her "gauntlets" they have a slightly shiny feel indicative of a different material in those areas but yet are on the exact same base layer as the bodysuit itself! Getting it printed will just make it look flat and the latex finish of the bodypaint will give it more life by creating that plastic appearance. I spent hours researching and studying each area of the suit and planning it so why waste that time and effort by taking the easy way out to get an end result that is simply lack-lustre? I'd rather do it right and be accurate than cheat.

Also, here's the promised photos:

DSCN2754.JPGDSCN2755.JPG

I kinda just threw this together based on what I had in my closet. A friend was supposed to give me data tattoos but that never happened lol I ended up switching to a yukata (Seen in the photos below) so the tattoos ended up being unnecessary for the costume. I feel like this is an idea that could definitely use some fiddling with and tweaking but this is a good start to say the least haha. I do enjoy closet cosplays the most cause it pushes my creativity to see what I can come up with and yet they're so comfortable too cause they're as casual as it gets for the most part.

DSCN2732.JPGDSCN2738.JPGDSCN2746.JPG

I'll be frank right now. That yukata was COMFY! Especially considering it was hot! Feel free to give feedback as it would be more than appreciated.

Ok, don't freak out on me, but here's why a printed suit could help: You wouldn't need to worry about drawing/painting your own lines and could just follow the printed pattern.
I did this exact thing with my Spiderman suit and 3D fabric paint. Take a look.
uploadfromtaptalk1468233367092.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1468233375563.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1468233383790.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1468233393414.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1468233418350.jpeg

The fabric paint allowed me to add dimension and shine on an existing pattern.

Reactions: Jme
YES!!! My point exactly! Painting it or getting it printed will just look flat but by using the body paints on the suit I can get the same shiny appearance that we see in the references! Perfect examples of this is the butt /legs or her "gauntlets" they have a slightly shiny feel indicative of a different material in those areas but yet are on the exact same base layer as the bodysuit itself! Getting it printed will just make it look flat and the latex finish of the bodypaint will give it more life by creating that plastic appearance. I spent hours researching and studying each area of the suit and planning it so why waste that time and effort by taking the easy way out to get an end result that is simply lack-lustre? I'd rather do it right and be accurate than cheat.

^ this

I kinda just threw this together based on what I had in my closet. A friend was supposed to give me data tattoos but that never happened lol I ended up switching to a yukata (Seen in the photos below) so the tattoos ended up being unnecessary for the costume. I feel like this is an idea that could definitely use some fiddling with and tweaking but this is a good start to say the least haha. I do enjoy closet cosplays the most cause it pushes my creativity to see what I can come up with and yet they're so comfortable too cause they're as casual as it gets for the most part.
I'll be frank right now. That yukata was COMFY! Especially considering it was hot! Feel free to give feedback as it would be more than appreciated.

Wow! You looked great! In both clothing! First one for more adventyre, second fitting the con?
However, the make-up and hair fits great :D

Ok, don't freak out on me, but here's why a printed suit could help: You wouldn't need to worry about drawing/painting your own lines and could just follow the printed pattern.
I did this exact thing with my Spiderman suit and 3D fabric paint. Take a look.

The fabric paint allowed me to add dimension and shine on an existing pattern.

While it is a good alternative I enjoy doing the most that I can from start to finish on my own. The biggest problem with the idea you proposed is that the base design does not exist yet and a fair bit is "obscured" to some extent by the hard-light armour- I put obscured in quotes as it is still possible to see the patterns to a fair degree but it is still under the armour which creates issues if I were to get a print version made. Also, I can't guarantee that the print will sit right on the suit after I have built the underlayer if I used a pre-printed base. Doing it myself will alleviate this issue on both fronts as I can paint it on the suit while the underarmour is in it and any guess work is done based on what I can see and not what another designer guesses at.

^ this

Wow! You looked great! In both clothing! First one for more adventyre, second fitting the con?
However, the make-up and hair fits great :D

Thanks ^^ the first was what I was able to throw together from my closet.Kind of wish I had a bit more to work with or time to make a coat or something but it is a good start imo. (open to suggestions for improvement) While the yukata I bought at the cultural festival.I kinda wanted to match all the other lovelies who were dressed in traditional Japanese attire and I just have a very big softspot for traditional garb, especially Japanese kimono... So beautiful even when casual. The event was a Japanese Matsuri to celebrate 35(?) years of being twinned with Kariya, Japan and also the huge Japanese community and heritage that live in and make Mississauga so great. I never mentioned but the mayor took a photo with us and shook hands.

I never knew that there was such a large Japanese population in Mississauga, that's awesome!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

IshidaRyusei, Looks great. If that is something you just threw together..........waiting impatiently for your Cortana build.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never knew that there was such a large Japanese population in Mississauga, that's awesome!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

I kinda had the impression we had a big community of Japanese people here but never actually saw it till now.

IshidaRyusei, Looks great. If that is something you just threw together..........waiting impatiently for your Cortana build.
lol Thanks. I love throwing together closet cosplays cause they're fun ^^ Cortanan is slow just due to funds and being busy with work. I'm hoping to make some real progress soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the base suit so now it's just a waiting game for it. The rest of the stuff will soon be underway but most of my time is currently devoted to ensuring I am ready for my move which I've pushed to mid-August unless I am lucky enough to find a place for sooner. In the mean timje I'll work on the templates for the undersuit and work towards buying the foam and such for it soon.

Kind of related but I'm working on a Swimsuit Cortana for next month as a side project. My local CosCom that I work with is hosting a beach party in August so I figured I'd see what I can come up with. The plan is to paint some designs on the blue Swimsuit I bought as a base and then accessorize with a nice cover-up and such. I'll post pictures as to how this turns out.

Kind of related but I'm working on a Swimsuit Cortana for next month as a side project. My local CosCom that I work with is hosting a beach party in August so I figured I'd see what I can come up with. The plan is to paint some designs on the blue Swimsuit I bought as a base and then accessorize with a nice cover-up and such. I'll post pictures as to how this turns out.
Now thats a fancy summer idea right there, aint it!
Arent you worried the makeup will come off due to water though?

Now thats a fancy summer idea right there, aint it!
Arent you worried the makeup will come off due to water though?
Depends on how I approach the idea. If I go with bodypaint then I'll seal it. If I continue to play up the Human! Cortana idea (which is kind of fun due to fanfics etc) then it's just worrying about tattoos.

So I just got word that the order shippped out and my excitement is going through the roof as things fall into place!

Awesome! I know I haven't posted much, but I have been watching for updates on this as well. Once you get all of your variants of Cortana done, you should make a picture showing all 4 of them (not necessarily in the same pic of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back