Halo 5 Launch Events at Microsoft Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artifice

Hey Fellow Canadian Members, I hope you all are doing well!

Today I was informed that XO Spacemeat from the Pacific Reg was contacted by 343 and asked if we would like to attend some launch events at various Microsoft stores.

here's what they said.

Here's the list of stores:

We are super excited about the Halo 5: Guardians launch events and would love to see if y’all are interested in joining us in the celebration.

There are ten (10) Plus Events:
· Fashion Valley Mall - San Diego, CA
· Fifth Avenue - New York, NY (Flagship)
· Metropolis at Metrotown - Burnaby, BC
· NorthPark Center - Dallas, TX
· Park Meadows Mall - Lone Tree, CO
· The Florida Mall - Orlando, FL
· Tysons Corner Center - Tysons Corner, VA
· University Village - Seattle, WA
· Westfield Century City - Los Angeles, CA
· Yorkdale Shopping Centre - Toronto, ON

The events will last about 3 hours:
· Eastern Time: 9PM – 12AM
· Central Time: 8PM – 11PM
· Mountain Time: 7PM - 10PM
· Pacific Time: 6PM – 9PM

We think it would be wonderful to have the 405th members mingle with the customers, take pics, etc. Not sure if you have chapters in all the above locations, but we would love to know if there is interest & availability. Once we have identified the locations, we’ll look to try to secure a “ready room” so y’all are able to get ready in relative privacy at the respective malls.

As a side note, the feedback from the experiences with the MCC launch on the east coast was relayed back to 343 and they assure us they "will work with each store to ensure that all of the members have the best experience possible!"

The date of the event is "Oct 26th"
· Eastern Time: 9PM – 12AM
· Central Time: 8PM – 11PM
· Mountain Time: 7PM - 10PM
· Pacific Time: 6PM – 9PM

So if anyone is interested and can attend, let myself or SPARTAN II know ASAP so we can relay the info to Spacemeat and Trooper0621

If you can attend please inform us of what type of armor you can bring.

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a deadline on giving attendance? I understand the sooner the better, but in case anyone was wondering : )

Hey BlazedStarbon sorry I thought I replied to this.... my bad. Anyways they have not said at all but again the sooner the better but if it changes I'll inform you all

So again If Any of you in the areas above would like to participate in these events please PM myself or just write on this thread !

Thanks again !!!

Hey Everyone

So Spacemeat came back with a reply from Microsoft and here is what they their

Hey everyone, I just head back from Microsoft. They want final confirmation of which of the events 405th members will be attending and head counts by Wednesday. So if you're able to provide me with those for each of your regiments by EOD on Tuesday the 13th, that would be extremely helpful. Also, contact information for whoever will be the POC for each of these events will be helpful once I pass all of this information back to them, they'll start reaching out to you guys to coordinate for each of the events.

So If Everyone can tell me If you are able to attend or not that would be greatly appreciated, and don't worry if you cant attend we all have lives and things to do so don't stress

I'll be at the edmonton location with at least one other spartan for the launch. I have been in contact with the staff there and they are aware of it as well!

I'll be at the edmonton location with at least one other spartan for the launch. I have been in contact with the staff there and they are aware of it as well!

Just to add to this: I have contacted Community Event staff at both the West Ed Mall Microsoft Store (Edmonton) and Chinook Mall Microsoft Store (Calgary), and they are both eager for whatever costumed attendance then can get! Both stores will be having release parties on Monday, October 26, starting at 7pm, straight till midnight! Food and gaming and a love of Halo! Michael up in Edmonton will be meeting with the Edmonton store (if he hasn't already), just to put a face to the group, and discuss any concerns regarding costumes and weapon props in the mall. I will be meeting with the Calgary rep this Wednesday.

So far, it looks like Edmonton will have more Halo costumers than Calgary! I have managed to get a second person to join me for the Calgary party, but so far, rather dismal numbers. :(

VERY important to anyone attending the party at either location: these stores/events are in large malls, with MANY people. Keep your UNSC/human weapons in a bag until you get to the Microsoft store. I even HIGHLY recommend keeping your helmet off till you arrive, also. Too many people out there don't grasp the concept of costumes, and feel the need to call the police over anything and everything (even someone wearing a helmet with their face hidden). We had a 'situation' at the Chinook Mall last year during the MCC release, and I'd like to avoid something like that again.

I'm assuming the date of the events is the launch date "Oct 27th" but I will say other wise if not.

You should update this to Oct.26, as the game releases at midnight, and these parties are psych-up parties (not post-release parties)! No one will be at parties AFTER the game has released earlier that day!

This is so exciting to see so many of you being able to cover various areas close yourselves, even if it isn't directly coordinated alongside Microsoft.
Is there anyone else who's able to make any of the launch events? Don't forget to message Artifice!

Done and Done Thanks Jedi ^.^ , When I made the post we had to wait for MC to give us the correct date.

You should update this to Oct.26, as the game releases at midnight, and these parties are psych-up parties (not post-release parties)! No one will be at parties AFTER the game has released earlier that day!

Enjoy the launch events tonight guys and gals!

Don't forget to share any pictures of all the fun for the rest of us! My store didn't have a midnight release but it opened early. Behind the counter, they had a 1:1 scale of the Halo 5 needler for purchase at $250. It was beautiful and so tempting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back