1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Halo 6 - Faith in 343 industries? Lets Discuss. (Story / Multiplayer)

Discussion in 'General Halo Discussion' started by WillSandler66, Jun 1, 2018.

1. I have been an avid Halo player since Halo 2 and I love all of them. I played in competitive series, LAN parties, and even my beloved Game Battles mainly from Halo 2 to Halo Reach, Halo 3 being my prime. When Halo 4 came out I had a lot going on in life and was kind of late to the party although I got pretty good towards the end of the games life. Halo 5 I feel is my rebirth in the competitive / pub stomping career. :D.

When it comes to Multiplayer I will keep this brief, I believe all the Halo multiplayers including Halo 4 & 5 are all really good in their own way. I don't think one in inherently bad or better then the other. But if I had to choose in my opinion the best by far is Halo 3 and the worst in my eyes in Halo 4. The ranking system in Halo 3 was amazing and it made me feel that every ranked game I played was Win or nothing lol. Halo 4 just felt weird to me with the custom classes to the overall map design. There is also Armor which is a HUGE part of what makes Halo well Halo. I think Halo 4 and Halo 5 have done the absolute worse with customization to just the actual armor design. Halo Reach needs to be the standard for all Halo games when it comes to armor I also felt the credit system was definitely fair.
    ps: HALO 3 ROGUE HELMET WILL ALWAYS BE #1 (y)(y)(y)

So when you think of Halo you think of Master Chief and his Story. Halo's single player has always been great. One thing Halo 4 did absolutely brilliant on was the story of Master Chief and his companion and best friend Cortana the ending scene of the campaign still gets me every damn time. :cry: Halo 5 definitely had the potential of being one of the all time best campaigns in gaming history I believe. The Hunt the Truth stuff to the suspenseful TV commercials, and then it was a absolute FLOP. Although I do not hate it I think it is way to short and I wanted to see more between Locke and Chief. There just wasn't enough "hunting" with Locke and Chief, I feel like if Hunt the Truth was never a thing I would not of been let down as much. With Halo Wars 2 bringing back the flood I think its basically confirmed we will see them back in Halo 6 and Cortana most likely being under the logic plague. Remember these are my opinions, we never know what could happen.

Basically to conclude this over sized rant, What is it that you want from Halo 6 and Do you still have faith in 343 industries?

upload_2018-6-1_10-44-53.png

2. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

I think that 343 still has some potential, if their third game ends up bad though I think I may just turn to games like installation 1 since halo and destiny aren't great

WillSandler66 likes this.
  3. Yeah to be honest it is a sad time in gaming right now lol.

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  4. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

yeah it's unfortunate, but as long as the owning companies/publishers don't screw the makers over again, we should be getting better games again soon

WillSandler66 likes this.
  5. ReClaimer8015

ReClaimer8015

Multiplayer is now faster than ever.
    The new Art direction is fairly interesting, but I would like to see the old style again too. New Engine should bring it back, enriched with details. Unfortunately H3 Anniversary never came......sigh:cry:
    Sound effects are awful in my opinion. Especially Covenant weaponry needs more power, sounds painfully weak. Same for vehicles.

But my main problems since halo 5 are simply storytelling and how to get the arc right again. Some of you might already know about it, but I just want to promote this blog entry here:
    Halo 5 – A Compendium of Lies

Very well articulated, far better than I ever could. Focus on the Mantle as failed religion /philosophy and bring back guilty spark....(books hint that he is alive and wants to solve problems he has with his past as a human)

Game mechanics and graphics will be great, weapon and level variety too, no doubt.
    343 should just write a simpler but better Story instead of promising big questions and a complex Story, which turns out to be contradicting and poorly thought through. Or leave some room for the player too imagine. If you over explain things, it destroys the mystery the halo series always had to a certain degree.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    SI3RRA 117 and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  6. RavenEye

RavenEye New Member

I can't comment much on Multiplayer, as I haven't really touched it since Halo Reach, but as for the story and campaigns, I have high hopes for Halo 6 personally. Halo 5 was weird, in that unless you were immersed in all the pre reading that built up to it, and came out after it (from wikis to webcomics, etc), the game story in and of itself is rather unimpressive. It acts as an extension of everything else released for the lore, but the problem with that is anyone who isn't as deep into the lore and literature as a hardcore fanboy would be, only get just that: a disjoint extension is all.
    But when I think of the gameplay, I think 343 is really trying to find new things to bolster the game play. They try and toss in new elements of gameplay that I enjoy for variety (I think of the Starwars-esque trench run mission in Halo 4).
    Hopefully story wise, they can make Halo 6 more complete ...and as a selfish sidenote, split screen campaign play again, removing that from Halo 5 was a bad move :(

Lieutenant Jaku and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  7. crackhead09

crackhead09 RXO 405th Regiment Officer

Honestly, Halo 5's story would have been better if you never played any of chiefs story. The reason I say that is because when you play those first few missions and then go play as Locke, all you end up doing is trying to rush the missions out so you can get back to the plot. The story works a lot better if you actually have no idea whats going on with chief. I recommend giving halo 5 a playthrough only seeing Lockes side of the story. Lockes actions seem less dumb and it makes the story make more sense.