Halo: A Prequal to Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravemind

Jr Member
I am not sure if anyone has ever heard of Marathon. It was a First-Person Shooter developed by Bungie in 1995. After following a tip I saw on a forum, I investigated the game. While reading up on it, there are striking similarities to Halo 3. The game takes place about 300 years after Halo 3. In it, a cyborg (cough, cough), fights off an invading Pfhor army. This game uses terminals for plot development and story. These terminals have personelle logs and things of that sort which is very similiar to the forerunner terminals found on the new Halo. It is very possible that this cyborg is the Master Chief because he puts himself into a cryo-pod at the end of Halo 3. It is also possible that the Halo Trilogy is really all a Marathin Prequal.

Here is a link to the Wikipedia page on Marathon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_(computer_game) Use this information to make your own informed decision. Please tell me if you agree/disagree with my conclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bungie's stated that the two have nothing to do with each other whatsoever. When I find a link to where they said that, I'll post it.. but I do know they said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back