HALO and Master Chief Stenciling and Printing (T-Shirts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazodude

Hello again,
i haven't posted in a while but i have finally made something to give back to this wonderful community, a stencil of master chief for anyone wanting to make t-shirts, posters, graffiti and whatever else you all do! :p

[attachment=4046:mc_merged.zip]----> courtesy of TF_Productions for the merged and aligned files. :lol:
CrazyStencil.zip---->and the CrAzY File
[attachment=4070:swordmaster.zip]---->and the sword file.
they are two photoshop pdf's one merged file! Yay!
just print the two separate layers off, one will be black, one black and white. (In CrAzY file there are 3)
cut out the black on the first one and the white on the second and go spraying, cutting and whatever else you need it for!

instructable about t-shirt printing: http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-your...printing-press/
its about useing craft foam to do multiple- and fast- prints for "mass production"

if anyone else has any artwork, stencil's or printing tutorials then post 'em up here and share with the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, really nice! those are amazing! brb, looking for _clean_ t-shirts.

png or tiff won't loose detail, but png is the way to go on teh internets.

i think the pdf's are okay too, but crazily enough they don't match up (the figures are shifted). did you use two psds? can you put both in one psd, and then hide the layers you don't want, then export to png/pdf again. pleaz?

my weekend is saved!

well i would merge layers but dont know how...
if any of you super graphics designers know how then i'll re upload the file.
just pm me the link or post it here!
thanks a bunch for the replies guys!

sweet =] do you know what kind of material can be used for the stencil ive seen some shirts and t shirts which have this kind of rubbery paint on it. anyone know if that will work and what it is?

well for the actual stencil i'll be using transparent paper from an over head projector. you can use anything as long as it has a plastic side so it doesnt go mushy.
the new pdf's (merged) will be up soon.

and come on guys, 86 views and 4 posts?

pm sent! i'll do it asap. i owe it to you for making such a great thing.

CrAzY CH13F: I think that
scrap that, i just remembered a brilliant tutorial on instructables DIY T-Shirt Stencil. great and easy way to do it, i have done this before and it worked! but wtf did i use instead of "freezer paper"? i can't remember.

EDIT: Although this wasn't what i used, this instructable shows how to make your own freezer paper, but no guarantee it'll work

You could also just use spraypaint.

Get a piece of posterboard and cut out the first stencil. Then use spray glue to put the stencil on the shirt. Spray paint over the stencil. (Light-colored T-shirts and dark-colored spray paint are recommended.) Remove the stencil. Repeat this step for the second stencil.

Next, you hand-wash it. This ensures that the paint is not removed. Make sure you use cold water, and mild detergent. Dish soap can even be used in this situation. Also, the shirt should be inside-out while you wash it. Hang it to dry, and you've got yourself a sweet-looking shirt!

Thanks for the info Friendly.
i am using proper inks/dyes but have several friends who spraypaint and apparently good quality paint does stick like glue to clothes!

update!
merged stencils up!
and me done for the night. its 10:30 over here!

argh, f*cked up the alignment (1px off vertically) and the text in the hurry (didn't have the font). sorry about that. i've sent Chazodude the new ones. sry sry sry sry sry sry sry sry. (i won't be uploading them, as they are his work)

anyway: wooooooooooooooo! i'm so hyper about this, i hope i can be bothered to buy paint :lol:

Ok, new merged ones up. you get the black, white and merged in the zip.
u can haz stencilz?

a big thanks to TF_Productions for merging the files!
enjoy them,
Chazodude

TF_Productions said:
pm sent! i'll do it asap. i owe it to you for making such a great thing.

CrAzY CH13F: I think that
scrap that, i just remembered a brilliant tutorial on instructables DIY T-Shirt Stencil. great and easy way to do it, i have done this before and it worked! but wtf did i use instead of "freezer paper"? i can't remember.

EDIT: Although this wasn't what i used, this instructable shows how to make your own freezer paper, but no guarantee it'll work

Friendly said:
You could also just use spraypaint.

Get a piece of posterboard and cut out the first stencil. Then use spray glue to put the stencil on the shirt. Spray paint over the stencil. (Light-colored T-shirts and dark-colored spray paint are recommended.) Remove the stencil. Repeat this step for the second stencil.

Next, you hand-wash it. This ensures that the paint is not removed. Make sure you use cold water, and mild detergent. Dish soap can even be used in this situation. Also, the shirt should be inside-out while you wash it. Hang it to dry, and you've got yourself a sweet-looking shirt!

i think il go with friendly's idea it seems less expensive and stuff so yeah thanks for letting me know about this =]. this means i can wear halo shirts to college, YESS!!!!! :p

I have finished my stencil and it will be up in no time!

it would be nice to see any of your t-shirts etc. you make with the stencil as the reason i posted was so that others could use it.
good luck!

i have a question, how do you do these stencils? heres a stencil i did ages ago
mcstencilfq9.jpg

well that would have to be split up into the 3/4 different colours. one grey, one black etc.
you stencil one colour at a time and build it up, dark to light.
i might be able to do it but you probabaly can anyway!

Chazodude said:
well that would have to be split up into the 3/4 different colours. one grey, one black etc.
you stencil one colour at a time and build it up, dark to light.
i might be able to do it but you probabaly can anyway!

i meant how did you do yours ?

i first reduced the saturation/turned it black and white and then erased any hard details or impossible to cut(small) ones.
i drew the smaller lines bigger so they were easier to cut.
i then cleaned up the shape.
if you were spraying that image you would need to make 3/4 layers of colour so it turned out nicely. eg 1 black, one grey, one white etc.
i could also do it for you if you wanted. i ahve nothing much to do unless my dad will pull a helmet mold or finish my stenciling with me =D

here is my finished printing press thing:
[attachment=4047:photo_67.jpg]
(black=t-shirt or valley)
it will be attached to a lcd screen mount like in the instructable i posted about.
i can then lower it like a printing press to do lots of shirts one after the other.

and some other halo things i have done:
[attachment=4048:photo_69.jpg]
[attachment=4049:photo_70.jpg]

hope that all helps!

ps. could i possibly practice colouring on that image? pretty please!

ok i have finished crazy chief's stencil! yay! :lol:
if you would rather me not put it here crazy then i will take it down and give it to you privately.
CrazyStencil.zip
This is a multicoloured spartan if anyone else wants it (with regards to crazy if you dont want anyone else to use it i'll take it down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back