Halo Armor For Noobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you point a person in the direction of the stickeys you have to know the person is new based on 4 posts and still try to answer the question they may have to help them out even if they don't know where the stickeys are. I will answer the question if you have not been able to find it in the stickeys since there are so many. You need at least Pepakura Viewer to start with which you can get it from the Tamasoft website, If you need to scale your armor you will need Pepakura Designer. Now you will need 110 weight cardstock paper which you can get it from any office supply store or places like wal-mart you will need either scissors or a exacto knife to cut the pieces of the pep parts out of the paper, you will need glue either superglue, hot glue or cement glue and not for hobby cars and stuff but all-purpose cement you will also need gloves and protective eyewear and breathing protection.. Now after you have built your pep armor you can go and get fiberglass resin, mat or cloth and hardener to harden your pieces. After you have put the stuff on your armor let it dry and I usually give it a light sanding and put on at least 2 coats of resin on the outside of my armor and I use Fiberglass Mat because even though it's thicker it's easier to get into crevices and hard to get places. Now that your resining is done you can go to using Bondo or another Lightweight Body Filler to give your armor thickness, make it harder and add details. You will apply the Bondo to the armor spreading it on evenly and usually thick and then go to sanding it using the roughest grit of sandpaper and working down to the finer sandpaper until you have it looking the way you want it and your armor looks smooth and nice. Now you can go ahead and paint it after you have cleaned the Bondo dust off the armor. I use Krylon Spray Paint and use a couple layers of Primer and then use a few layers of Gloss color and then I may use a Clear Spray on top of that if I want it to be really shiny. Hope my quick run though has helped and good luck with what you decide to work on.

EDIT: Also throwing negative reputation points at a new member can be a nice way to scare them from the site so please watch who you give a negative point to even though a person is new you don't want to be rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back