1st Build Halo: Combat Evolved Mark V help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! Welcome to the forum! Just for clarification which version of CE chief are you planning on making? Remastered or Classic? For classic, I'd recommend looking around the armory tab, as there are templates for almost anything there, including one from the original game's assets of ce chief (You may even find another suit that interests you more). However, for anniversary chief, it may be a bit more difficult to build due to the level of detail, along with a lack of templates in the armory to go off of for someone who is new to this like yourself. Either way, I'd recommend with as smaller/simpler part of the project, so that you can move up to more difficult pieces as you improve and learn fro your potential mistakes. Good luck and all the best

As mentioned by D3LTA, the armory is a good place to start. Here is the page for the CE Mark V armour. Don't forget to scale it all as best as possible before printing. I'm not sure how to do it in Pepakura, but if you don't mind investing a bit more (and it is indeed a worthy investment), have a look at Armorsmith.
I haven't seen a whole heap of his videos but Andrew DFT on Youtube has some good Halo cosplay tutorials for beginners (and even advanced makers).
Best of luck, hope we can help out more along the way. CE being my favourite Halo game, I can't wait to see your progress!

Hey there! Welcome to the forum! Just for clarification which version of CE chief are you planning on making? Remastered or Classic? For classic, I'd recommend looking around the armory tab, as there are templates for almost anything there, including one from the original game's assets of ce chief (You may even find another suit that interests you more). However, for anniversary chief, it may be a bit more difficult to build due to the level of detail, along with a lack of templates in the armory to go off of for someone who is new to this like yourself. Either way, I'd recommend with as smaller/simpler part of the project, so that you can move up to more difficult pieces as you improve and learn fro your potential mistakes. Good luck and all the best
Thanks for the welcome, I'm want to make classic chief as I like that version better, I also have taken an extensive look in the armory and there are many great templates out there, the only thing I really need is assistance on the correct angling and things like that, if pepakura has some sort of protractor tool than that would make things much easier for me, other than that i think i have most of what i need. thank you again

Thanks for the welcome, I'm want to make classic chief as I like that version better, I also have taken an extensive look in the armory and there are many great templates out there, the only thing I really need is assistance on the correct angling and things like that, if pepakura has some sort of protractor tool than that would make things much easier for me, other than that i think i have most of what i need. thank you again
Well on Pepakura, while there isn't a protractor tool per se, there is an option when printing out the templates to have numbers on the edges to line up the pieces properly. If you line then up then the angles will just fall into place

Well on Pepakura, while there isn't a protractor tool per se, there is an option when printing out the templates to have numbers on the edges to line up the pieces properly. If you line then up then the angles will just fall into place
that would be very helpful, how would I access it though? I'm kinda new to pepakura so these advanced functions are a bit above my pay grade.

Hey, I'm posting here because I still have yet to do my first build and need help with the armor. the files we have in the armory for the Mark V, In my experience, are not so good for cosplay as its just the geometry ripped from the model. I know a High Def version exists, It was even posted on these forums back in 2010. I wanna know if anyone has these OG files, the links in those threads are dead. I've attached a pic of the armor.
35mfi15.png

If you have a set of files that you believe should be in the armory TristenArgo you can submit an armory request here:
https://www.405th.com/forums/form/submit-files-to-the-405th-armory.7/select
I can't guarantee whether or not they'll get added if they're intended to replace existing files as there are a lot of priorities to balance there and I try to analyze replacement files in depth, but there's no reason you can't submit them :)
Also, if they're not your own files you would have to obtain permission from the file's creator saying that they consent to their work being added into the armory (there is a box for this on the form submission).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back