Halo controller design ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

higdog827

Hey everyone, I need some ideas for a project im going to start working on. Now while this isnt armor building related, it is halo related, so bear with me. So for the past year or so, I have been modding xboxs and controllers (by "modding" I simply mean modifying thier apearance with spray paint, not changing gameplay or anything like that). I dont mean to brag, but I think Ive gotten pretty good at it, heres a few examples:
Photo0244.jpg

Photo0209.jpg

Photo0213.jpg

Photo0218.jpg

Photo0691.jpg

Photo0349.jpg

So anyways, I recently got another controller, and I really want to test my skills, so I thought, hey I should make a halo controller! Now this is where you come in. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what I should put on this controller, since the halo universe has so much stuff in it I dont know where to start! So if you have any ideas about what I should put on it, please post them, and once it warms up enough to be able to paint, Ill use the best idea I can find. Then I'll post the end result up on the forum. Thanks!

If you had a blue transparent controller shell, a "Cortana" controller could be cool. Blue EL Wire or something inside it to make it light up. No idea at the moment for a paintjob though. Pick your favourite spartan? =P

I like the cortana idea. When I modded both my original xbox and my 360 I went with a used military green ammo can look. This was right after the launch of the 360 and way before the h3 version came out.

360b.jpg

Some people still think MS saw my design and ran with it, I use to hang out at http://xbox-scene.com alot.

Maybe do a UNSC design or one of the symbols you can use on your MP model? From what I've seen here, whatever you choose to do will look awesome :D

Good luck!

I would say Cortana as well, havent seen it befor and it would look awesome.

I use to paint old Xbox controllers. How easy is it to pull apart these controllers and xbox's? i have a junk 360 and controller lying around i want to mess with.

I use to paint old Xbox controllers. How easy is it to pull apart these controllers and xbox's? i have a junk 360 and controller lying around i want to mess with.
Its actually really easy, you just need the right tools. I use a torx 8 security screwdriver if I remember correctly, you usually have to order them online though.

Its actually really easy, you just need the right tools. I use a torx 8 security screwdriver if I remember correctly, you usually have to order them online though.

I think i have a flat tip screw bit that fits the bits actually, or at least i hope lol. i had pulled some out befor.

UNSC crap's been done. How about you pimp it out like some covenant technology, maybe a plasma gun? The 360 controller has that organic shape like most covenant tech does. Just paint it purple with a hexagon pattern and some glow in the dark paint for the charge/heat indicator.

Hell, maybe you could make it flood themed. Tendrils and blemishes all over it.

UNSC crap's been done. How about you pimp it out like some covenant technology, maybe a plasma gun? The 360 controller has that organic shape like most covenant tech does. Just paint it purple with a hexagon pattern and some glow in the dark paint for the charge/heat indicator.

Hell, maybe you could make it flood themed. Tendrils and blemishes all over it.
Hmmm, I like the covenant idea! It could be like dark blue hexagons outlined in dark purple or something. and the charge indicator would look sweet too

If you go covie make sure to use metallics. Maybe some of that color changing paint that shifts colors would be cool.

If you go covie make sure to use metallics. Maybe some of that color changing paint that shifts colors would be cool.
Yeah, but the problem with the metallics and other special paints is that when painting controllers, you HAVE TO USE paint that is designed to be used on plastics (such as Krylon Fusion). If you dont, horrible, hoooorible things happen. Unfortunately, I havent been able to find very many metallics or other special paints that are plastic-adherable. :angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back