Halo Fan Film: Halo: Reconaissance

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalhead1274

Hey guys,

I was thinking about making a short halo fan film called halo: reconaisance. It would take a lot of armour making and lots of sfx. Heres the general idea. It takes place just before the events of halo 3 ODST and tells the story of Catch, the ODST who was replaced by mickey. A few days before the drop on new mombasa, he is sent on a last minute recon mission to find a out of contact marine platoon, but when he drops in, the ship is destroyed by a covenant carrier and he loses all contact with human forces. He then has to find the lost marines, and hold out until extraction arrives.

This will not be out very soon as i have to finish a project that has already begun, but i would like to know what y'all think of it. i have already started on some armour, which includes a recon helmet, an ODST chest plate and a sniper shoulder piece. I have made a supposed logo too. I'll keep you posted.

SIAM

nice idea dude but that would take a lot special FX and a lot of good armor. Where do you plan on filming it ? You'll have to think of a place with a lot of 405th members!

Pendalf 5 said:
nice idea dude but that would take a lot special FX and a lot of good armor. Where do you plan on filming it ? You'll have to think of a place with a lot of 405th members!

it will take a lot of effort, though i am working on some fx like plasma blasts and grenades, and i am making a full odst suit, but the problem is the covenants armour and the make-up for the brutes, as i cannot find any pep files exept for the arbiter, grunt armour, and hunter armour. as for where i am filming it, i know of an abandoned school, which will be perfect for where the marines are held up.

SIAM

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wasp said:
Oooooh, pm me for details, I want to help! EDIT: I have a brother who is 3ft tall, he could be a grunt.

Actually grunts are about 5' tall.

Me and my team have a green screen setup and special effects lab, let us know if you need any help with 3D effects or after-effects and all that stuff. We also are currently making a live version of the Halo 3 trailer when master chief loses his helmet in the beginning.

Optimus Prime said:
Me and my team have a green screen setup and special effects lab, let us know if you need any help with 3D effects or after-effects and all that stuff. We also are currently making a live version of the Halo 3 trailer when master chief loses his helmet in the beginning.

That sounds cool, just don't show his face. :)

Optimus Prime said:

oh awesome! would it be possible for you to do the inside of a drop pod or drop pod hitting the ground? because that would be great.

SIAM said:
oh awesome! would it be possible for you to do the inside of a drop pod or drop pod hitting the ground? because that would be great.

like ODST drop pod?

I am an avid video editor, I can help edit it for you if you want.

Since you may want to actually see what I've done, check out my youtube.

www.youtube.com/pereraproductions.

My best videos are Operation Crackdown Remake Evangelion 1.0 Freak on a Leash, and E-Day.

I do a bit of 3ds Max animating, but mostly After Effects and editing with Sony Vegas.

Let me know!

I can do 3D modeling, and some animating. I also know a few guys who are pretty skilled in animating and modeling. If you want our help I see what I/we can do :) .

Sounds really cool! I'd love to help, but I'm probably not going to England any time soon and I don't know much about special effects or editing... :( Still, I really want to see how this turns out! :) Definitely watching this topic.

MJOLNIR Warrior said:
I am an avid video editor, I can help edit it for you if you want.

Since you may want to actually see what I've done, check out my youtube.

www.youtube.com/pereraproductions.

My best videos are Operation Crackdown Remake Evangelion 1.0 Freak on a Leash, and E-Day.

I do a bit of 3ds Max animating, but mostly After Effects and editing with Sony Vegas.

Let me know!

thanks but i can do a lot of stuff with after effects and I have a macbook with imovie 09 on it, so i am pretty much ok with doing sfx like gunshots, explosions and riochets and me and my bro are pretty good at editing, look at the end of this for example: cm horrors its not from my youtube account, but i did the sfx at the end, and starred in it. if you think its good watch part 1

Boo said:
Sounds really cool! I'd love to help, but I'm probably not going to England any time soon and I don't know much about special effects or editing... :( Still, I really want to see how this turns out! :) Definitely watching this topic.

thanks! well i think it will be filmed around Christmas time, so i can get a really good atmosphere at night as it nearly always rains. releases maybe early 2010, not really sure.

SIAM said:
thanks! well i think it will be filmed around Christmas time, so i can get a really good atmosphere at night as it nearly always rains. releases maybe early 2010, not really sure.

Rains? Doesn't it snow in December? I've only been to England in the summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back