Halo Forum RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! It's been a long, long time since I've been here and a lot has changed. I haven't been able to do a lot of armor making since you guys last saw me with cash being low as it is. But, as with Halo: Operation Prometheus, I have been doing a lot of writing and Roleplaying. I know there used to be a roleplaying game here once or twice, but I was just seeing who would be interested in a Halo RPG.

It wouldn't be posted here, since it does need a dedicated forum, it's created by me and a few friends, based off an idea from a long time ago as a non-canon continuation of Halo 3, set in the year 2568.

I'm sorry if this offends the Admin/Moderator staff. I won't post the link to the website until your approval, and even then you can just remove the thread and I will understand. Respect you guys!

The game actually just started after a lot of planning within the game moderators in the past four days, and I made the first post of the game just today, which I'll post a sample of it here:

Thel ‘Vadam sat in his private chambers, away from the prying eyes of The New Covenant so he could enjoy what quiet and bliss he could, before he had to return to his duties as Head of State. Not only was he the reasserted Kaidon to The Vadam state, he also led The New Covenant and was almost always in meetings with Lord Terrance Hood of the UNSC to discuss the Heretic’s and Insurrectionist’s decrease in attacks. The original SPARTANs were still on call for the UNSC to combat this threat as with the Covenant Remnant, as were some of Thel’s trusted Elites. He thought highly of the SPARTANs as worthy foes during his service as Supreme Commander and later Arbiter, and to recent as allies. The SPARTAN Master Chief, or John as Halsey had mentioned during their brief talk at the peace talks thirteen years ago, was considered a close ally to Thel, having been through so much together with Halo, Earth, High Charity and The Ark.

Thel reclined in his seat as he reminisced on his honorable battles with The Chief against The Flood, Jiralhanae and the former, now Remnant Covenant in general.

A knock came from the other side of the room and Thel was calmly thrown back to the life as either a Kaidon or Head of State, worse still, perhaps even both. It was a challenge at times, but Thel proved to be a capable leader for The Covenant and diplomat with the UNSC. Humans were a common sight on the few habitable Covenant worlds throughout the human named Orion Arm, while the same was happening with the human worlds for the Sangheili, Kig-Yar in rare cases and in rarer cases Unggoy, within close proximity to a Methane Dispenser. The humans were very easy to make diplomacy with, though some of the species’ politicians seem keen to pick apart Thel’s actions as it were to gain the upper hand with their own competition, seeing no difference from Thel to another politician. Hood was an excellent leader as well, the two easily getting along with the negotiations of various situations and commonly finding middle ground for them to work with.
“Come.” Thel finally answered, seeing a Unggoy servant enter. The Caste society of the former Covenant had been abolished, though some Unggoy chose to be servants anyhow due to lack of confidence. Yallow stepped in with his elegantly styled methane tank draped over his back like any other of his species.

“Hood ask to see you now.”

Hood? Was he here? Why hadn’t he been informed of his arrival unless--
“I see,” Thel replied after coming to the conclusion, “Bring him in if he is here.”

“I already am, Kaidon 'Vadam,” Hood said as he entered, in his typical Admiral Uniform, opting for the dress to have more authority than what usually stood for a leader’s attire, for humans that being a black or tan suit or Tuxedo as members of Hood’s species called the clothing. Hood stood several feet from the doorway, ten or so paces from Thel in his chair, “And we might have a problem if we don’t act fast.”

“I told you stay out until I ask permission from Kaidon Thel!” Yallow shouted angrily at Hood, before backing down after a sharp glare from Thel.
“You are dismissed, Yallow,” Thel said calmly as he waved Yallow away, though his inner temper was beginning to rise, he would already have been lashing out if it weren’t for his years of training and control, “And for future reference, Hood is always welcomed.”

Yallow bowed and proceeded to do the same for Lord Hood as an apology, then silently exiting the room. When the door shut with a solemn echo Thel stood from his chair in his Kaidon apparel and greeted The Leader of the UNSC with a firm shake of their palms, similar to the one they shared on Earth fifteen years ago.
“A pleasant surprise, Lord Hood,” Thel spoke, then released his hand, “Now is this problem of ours large? Or grave?”

“Describe it how you like, ‘Vadam. But Darren and Red Team have found a Forerunner Space Station. Within Remnant Space.”

Darren, a prominent replacement for the late Chief, if it were so easy, and leader of the UNSC’s replacement for the dwindling SPARTANs, the aptly named SPARTAN IVs, being trained under the SPARTAN Fred. Was a notable member of the UNSC’s secret weapon, with the same skill set, if not the experience, as the SPARTANs under the Chief, though with far higher numbers than the SPARTAN IIs. They had accompanied the human and sangheili science teams on the remaining Halo rings, dealing with a single Flood threat that infected a human. Thankfully it was at the end of the research period, and it was the first Halo Ring to be destroyed out of caution. The surface of the ring was bombarded with human missiles and Covenant Cleaning Beams, then the ring was destroyed.
The Forerunner station was another matter, if it was within Remnant Space, they needed to act quickly if they were going to prevent the Remnant from finding anything of worth inside besides a floating debris field.
(More on the website, just a sample)

Basically, here's the summary:

• 2525-2552 - The Human-Covenant War rages, leading to the almost utter destruction of the Galaxy from The Halo Incident and Flood Threat.
  • 2552 - The Spartan IV Program is secretly initiated in early 2552 due to decreasing Spartan II numbers. The Spartan IIIs were showing potential as a successor, but the costs for mass produced Spartan Companies slowly showed themselves. Calling for the need for a larger class of Spartan IIs though with a mixture of training and augmentation methods used in both the Spartan II and III programs, creating a class of two hundred Spartan IV candidates.
    The Human-Covenant War ends after the destruction of The Ark. Master Chief, as well as many notable UNSC and Elite personnel, are lost as a result of their sacrifice to life.
  • 2554 - The Spartan IIs, IIIs, Dr. Halsey and Franklin Mendez return after finding their way out of the Shield World Onyx.
  • 2555 - The reformed New Covenant, headed by Thel ‘Vadam meets with the recovering UNSC Government for formal peace talks, as well as an alliance against The Covenant Remnant, still trying to activate what rings remain in The Galaxy. Sparking a hunt for the remaining Halo Rings to secure them and insure the Remnant doesn’t get their hands on them. The Outer Colonies is opened fully to the UNSC for re-colonization of the lost worlds, The New Covenant assisting wherever needed.
  • 2564 - After a nine year search, and with humanity’s help with their ability to manipulate Forerunner Technology, the UNSC and New Covenant were able to find and secure all but one of the remaining rings. They swiftly sent science teams guarded by the seventy-five remaining Spartan IV candidates, on their first assignment, to the ring’s surfaces to gather as much information on the Forerunners as possible. The Spartans being there to insure another Flood Threat doesn’t arise.
  • 2565 - Research is completed and all of the found rings are destroyed. The search continues for the final ring, but is calculated to be deep within Remnant space. Though destroying the ring is a priority, the New Covenant and UNSC cut back most of their efforts thinking it’d be best to let them find it, activate it and destroy themselves. Though they’re continuing the search on the off chance it is closer to them than they thought.
  • 2566 - Insurrectionist activity increases after a long absence with deadly effect on the Outer Colony World of Victoria, where human and Covenant trading got it‘s start in 2555. Human casualties were kept to a minimum, but Sangheili, Unggoy and Kig-Yar losses are extreme. Tensions began to grow with the alliance, deepening as a similar attack is sprung on Roost, though the effects were quite opposite from Victoria: Humans were the majority of the victims.
  • 2567 - Tensions continue to rise as the increasing attacks on The UNSC and The New Covenant from the revealed Insurrectionists, and their Covenant counterparts Heretics. Though the heads of The UNSC and The New Covenant, as with their citizens, wonder if the attacks are encouraged upon to break the alliance. The leaders remain firm in the alliance. Though public tensions continue to rise regardless.
  • 2568 - In mid-2568, a Forerunner Research Station is discovered and The UNSC and New Covenant begin to close in on it to collect what they can and destroy it. Though the Insurrectionists have something up their sleeves in their lull in terrorist attacks on The New Covenant, and an old threat soon returns as The Covenant Remnant discover the final Halo Ring.
Now again, I understand if this topic is removed by anyone on the mod staff, just wanted to touch base with you guys again in a bit of a big way. Again, play a roleplay with you guys :)

Hey man, welcome back! And just in time for Reach as well. :) I really like the backstory! Seems your skill in writing has greatly increased.

Thanks Gunny! Feels good to be back in the saddle, though not the armor making one :( Not enough time or money now that I'm graduated and moved out (A month ago!). Back in the Halo writing saddle I mean :p

LOL! Nah I'm renting the guest room from my aunt. So...

Warning! Fiberglass fumes maybe be harmful to your renter's health, though may increase wealth.

:p

So is anyone else interested in the idea? And willing to possibly join up? I'm kinda waiting for Adam or someone else to show up and tell me off or approve of me posting the link. lol

Sounds pretty good. I like the backstory. (Sounds more like something that Eric Nylund or one of the Authors would have written.)

Thanks Shade! Actually, I got better in writing after reading, re-reading, and re-re-reading Eric Nylund's books. He's basically my inspiration for my writing, though I've gone sort of my own way now, but Eric is at my roots :)

And with Thel, that's actually the first time I've ever portrayed him, just from playing him in Halo 2 and watching him in Halo 3, as I've never read anything of Thel, simply because I skipped the covenant sections of the books and a few notes in HaloWiki ;)

ADAM!!! LET ME POST THE LINK!!! lol, take your time buddy.

Soemtimes Adam doesn't see things right away, so I would say go for it. As long as the link isn't malicious, or innapropriate in any way, I don't see why you couldn't. Directing people to another site isn't an offense as far as the rules go.

Thanks Shade! Actually, I got better in writing after reading, re-reading, and re-re-reading Eric Nylund's books. He's basically my inspiration for my writing, though I've gone sort of my own way now, but Eric is at my roots
Nylund is my inspiration too. :D
Do you need help writing? I wouldn't mind.

Not a problem, I love Nylund's writing. The Fall of Reach was the first Halo novel I read, that and First Strike are my favorite Halo novels ever.

And I remember your SIII Alpha Co . storyline months back, that was a great fan fiction to keep in mind everytime I read Ghosts of Onyx. (And until 343 industsries elaborates on that, I'm going to consider that basically true to story. Since they haven't expanded on Alpha Co. that much.) :cool

Soemtimes Adam doesn't see things right away, so I would say go for it. As long as the link isn't malicious, or innapropriate in any way, I don't see why you couldn't. Directing people to another site isn't an offense as far as the rules go.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Halo_Roleplay/index.php?act=idx

There we go :)
Nylund is my inspiration too. Do you need help writing? I wouldn't mind.

That's the beauty of Forum Roleplays, we all create the story :D

Not a problem, I love Nylund's writing. The Fall of Reach was the first Halo novel I read, that and First Strike are my favorite Halo novels ever.

I agree, and TFoR was the first Halo novel I read too.

And I remember your SIII Alpha Co . storyline months back, that was a great fan fiction to keep in mind everytime I read Ghosts of Onyx.

Reading back to it I didn't really like the ending with the two Spartans, since Spartans couldn't have those feelings from what I've read. Besides, I might like to re-write it with a new battle or two and make a more epic ending ;) But hey, the worst critic, is yourself :)

(And until 343 industsries elaborates on that, I'm going to consider that basically true to story. Since they haven't expanded on Alpha Co. that much.)

That's good to know! I do too! I wonder if they'd read it and make it canon. Oh well, a writer can dream :)

Link me up dude!!! I used to be part of a Star Wars RPG that was a real hoot! The back story looks excellently written, and this would be a good place to exercise my meagre writing abilities and have a laugh. LINK US UP!!!!!!!

omg please finish the story i want to see how it ends...!

Thanks! But the story is done by the players. Join up and help out! :D That's what a Roleplay is, you take control of a character of your own or from Halo Lore and create a story with the rest of the players :D

Link me up dude!!! I used to be part of a Star Wars RPG that was a real hoot! The back story looks excellently written, and this would be a good place to exercise my meagre writing abilities and have a laugh. LINK US UP!!!!!!!

Already done ;) http://z7.invisionfree.com/Halo_Roleplay/index.php?act=idx

Have fun there guys, and I'll see you there :D

This is what an RPG is:

You create a character with a certain background (Spartan IV Darren S4A-032, for example). Then you post with him on the ONI Prowler - Stellar Soveriegn. Another player has Buck, who is at a higher rank and is also stationed aboard The Soveriegn. Buck is looking out into space when Darren comes in. This is what happens: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Halo_Roleplay/index.php?showtopic=18&st=0&

The player controlling Buck (Sandman) interacts with Darren (Me). And we create a conversation that is joint created. Thus, making this a game where people interact, and also making a joint Halo novel :)

Any further questions, I'll be happy to answer :)

EDIT:

The history for the game has changed slightly with one or two added events (2565-2566):

Timeline
  • 2525-2552 - The Human-Covenant War rages, leading to the almost utter destruction of the Galaxy from The Halo Incident and Flood Threat.
  • 2552 - The Spartan IV Program is secretly initiated in early 2552 due to decreasing Spartan II numbers. The Spartan IIIs were showing potential as a successor, but the costs for mass produced Spartan Companies slowly showed themselves. Calling for the need for a larger class of Spartan IIs though with a mixture of training and augmentation methods used in both the Spartan II and III programs, creating a class of two hundred Spartan IV candidates.
    The Human-Covenant War ends after the destruction of The Ark. Master Chief, as well as many notable UNSC and Elite personnel, are lost as a result of their sacrifice to life.
  • 2554 - The Spartan IIs, IIIs, Dr. Halsey and Franklin Mendez return after finding their way out of the Shield World Onyx.
  • 2555 - The reformed New Covenant, headed by Thel ‘Vadam meets with the recovering UNSC Government for formal peace talks, as well as an alliance against The Covenant Remnant, still trying to activate what rings remain in The Galaxy. Sparking a hunt for the remaining Halo Rings to secure them and insure the Remnant doesn’t get their hands on them. The Outer Colonies is opened fully to the UNSC for re-colonization of the lost worlds, The New Covenant assisting wherever needed.
  • Late 2564 - After a nine year search, and with humanity’s help with their ability to manipulate Forerunner Technology, the UNSC and New Covenant were able to find and secure all but one of the remaining rings. They swiftly sent science teams guarded by Spartan IIs, IIIs and the four hundred remaining Spartan IV candidates, Beta on their first assignment, to the ring’s surfaces to gather as much information on the Forerunners as possible. The Spartans being there to insure another Flood Threat doesn’t arise.
    Spartan IV Beta Company's training begins.
    Research on Charlie Halo is quickly finished, and the Spartans move to Gamma Halo with the Research Teams.
  • Mid 2565 to Early 2566 - It seemed as though history would repeat itself when The Flood were accidentally unleashed for a third time in history on Gamma Halo. Large battles ensueing between Flood, New Covenant, UNSC and Spartans as they worked to remove the threat together. The Spartan IVs lost one hundred and six members while the number of the Spartan IIs and IIIs, due to their years of combat experience, held strong until the one month battle ended. Gamma Halo is destroyed after the numbers of Flood don't dent any longer and a gravemind is formed.
  • Mid 2566 - Research is completed and all of the remaining rings, aside from the already destroyed Gamma Halo, are destroyed. The search continues for the final ring, but is calculated to be deep within Remnant space. Though destroying the ring is a priority, the New Covenant and UNSC cut back most of their efforts thinking it’d be best to let them find it, activate it and destroy themselves. Though they’re continuing the search on the off chance the Flood reappear for a fourth time.
  • Early-mid 2567 - Insurrectionist activity increases after a long absence with deadly effect on the Outer Colony World of Victoria, where human and Covenant trading got it‘s start in 2555. Human casualties were kept to a minimum, but Sangheili, Unggoy and Kig-Yar losses are extreme. Tensions began to grow with the alliance, deepening as a similar attack is sprung on Roost, though the effects were quite opposite from Victoria: Humans were the majority of the victims.
  • Mid-late 2567 - Tensions continue to rise as the increasing attacks on The UNSC and The New Covenant from the revealed Insurrectionists, and their Covenant counterparts Heretics. Though the heads of The UNSC and The New Covenant, as with their citizens, wonder if the attacks are encouraged upon to break the alliance. The leaders remain firm in the alliance. Though public tensions continue to rise regardless.
  • 2568 - In mid-2568, a Forerunner Research Station is discovered and The UNSC and New Covenant begin to close in on it to collect what they can and destroy it. Though the Insurrectionists have something up their sleeves in their lull in terrorist attacks on The New Covenant, and an old threat soon returns as The Covenant Remnant discover the final Halo Ring.
Notes
-The Second Human-Covenant War will spark in mid-2568 after an attack from The Insurrectionists.
-The UNSC have advanced in technology during the fifteen years of peace with The New Covenant, and will stand a better chance in space combat.
-The Covenant Remnant is made up of Jiralhanae, Yanme'e, a small percentage of Huragok (The majority joining The New Covenant) and San ‘Shyuum. They have a sizeable fleet, but don’t stand a fleeting chance in a head on engagement with either The New Covenant or the more advanced UNSC. The Kig-Yar are split between The New Covenant and Covenant Remnant, acting more as mercanaries. They will control the final Halo Ring fiercely and try to activate it. Though it will take an extremely long time due to Forerunner safe locks.
-The Insurrectionists will un-wittedly spark the Second Human-Covenant War.
-There are five factions available for use: UNSC, New Covenant, Covenant Remnant, Insurrectionist and Heretic Factions.
-It is being debated within Game Board members whether The Flood should reappear from the final Halo Ring or not, and the fates of the crew of The Spirit of Fire (Halo Wars) and The Master Chief (Halo Franchise). We will announce decisions when they are made, and until then please don't inquire about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back