Halo: Hunting Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact props I believe has a molding tutorial on their website, might be something to look into, but I haven't done any myself yet.

Starting molding very soon, ordering the things!

In the mean time took these!

P1080013_zps1icuukip.jpg

By FAR my favorite
P1080014_zpsofesy529.jpg

P1080015_zpsblzc0rrh.jpg

P1080016_zpsuifkcrao.jpg

P1080017_zps0hinoos9.jpg

P1080018_zpsfjlbdcw8.jpg

this one is also a favorite!

P1080019_zpsizxnmdnj.jpg

P1080020_zpsueetjurg.jpg

P1080021_zpsbwty1u8y.jpg

P1080022_zpsf0piaskv.jpg

P1080023_zpsdtyavmzl.jpg

P1080024_zpsnnesppqg.jpg

P1080025_zpswrmapfr7.jpg

P1080026_zpsejat5gya.jpg

-Ian

looking great man! cant wait to see the teaser!

- - - Updated - - -

if I wasn't based in oklahoma I would love to be apart of this project, but I will donate to help you guys keep going!

looking great man! cant wait to see the teaser!

- - - Updated - - -

if I wasn't based in oklahoma I would love to be apart of this project, but I will donate to help you guys keep going!

thanks! Sorry there hasnt been any progress lately! i just ordered the resin and am waiting for it!

We are also making sure the kick starter is as great as we can make it.

Out of curiosity do you have the kickstarter started? Or you still getting everything together for it?

Out of curiosity do you have the kickstarter started? Or you still getting everything together for it?

we have it all filmed i am just working on making sure its worth watching and not boring, making it put together well and everything. i hope to get it up very soon. i have been busy and school is starting so im doing everything i can

Resin/molding materials ready and finalizing the kick starter. School started so I haven't been able to get as much done as I hoped

-Ian

Here we go!! First half is almost on it's second layer of silicone. Hope to get to plaster tonight!

The silicone works better than I was expecting. If anyone doesn't want to use molding silicone I suggest 100% caulk, and what I did was mix the entire tube with 5 oz of mineral spirits (half the silicone tube) along with 30 drops of liquid glycerin, and ten drops of acrylic paint for color. Here is the progress!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Making the clay barrier part was by far the most time consuming!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry for picture orientation

Ready for the second half! I'm not getting this done as fast as I hoped, with school and sports it has been difficult

image.jpg

image.jpg

now wolf I've got to ask when you when and did that photo with the sniper did the cops pull you over for having a high powered rifle in public?

now wolf I've got to ask when you when and did that photo with the sniper did the cops pull you over for having a high powered rifle in public?

nope! the place we took the pictures is not even a 5 minute walk from my house so we just took a trail out of public eyes! we did run into some people that i just gave a "nothing to see here" wave XD

On another note, the mold is slowly progressing, ive had no time for it lately and im hoping to do the other half soon.

its not the best looking mold, but id give myself some slack because it is my first attempt and have never dealt with this kind of thing. Even if this doesnt turn out well i still will finish it so i dont want to leave it half complete!

-Ian

btw if your sell copys of the film are you going to do a commentary with like you and a few others?

btw if your sell copys of the film are you going to do a commentary with like you and a few others?

possibly, we thought about having a camera rolling the whole time while we film so we have "behind the scenes" footage.

question to everyone. So the mold is DONE but one side has a thicker mother mold than the other, it has been a few days since the plaster has been applied and am wondering if the new plaster i want to add will adhere to the layer already there or if i should just remove it all and add a whole new mother mold to that side so it isnt as likely to crumble (which a small section has)

Good news is both sides didnt attach to eachother!XD

Well I got some bad news:( I was gong to work on the mold until the end and I did, sadly the mother mold just crumbled (I am aware plaster is brittle but I put a LOT) and it was just going to be more time to fix it and do it again. So it failed:(

BUT I have a fallback plan. I have all this unused resin just lying around and am deciding to go back with making foam guns! So to make things easier for molding I am going to just mold magnums, no plaster, smaller mold, sillicone block, it'll be easier and take less time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back