Foam HALO Infinite Master Chief Build (EVA Foam)

I have started the painting process. This means lots of sealing and detailing, but I'm making good progress.
tempImage6bNl1Z.jpg
tempImageXeRmqP.jpg
tempImagerNdToN.jpg

Also, for those of you that are wondering how I wear my armor, here is how.

I have pieces of high strength velcro that go on either side of the shin piece.
tempImage5OvUZr.jpg

Then for the thigh, I have a loop that is attached to the top. This loop than slides onto a belt I wear underneath the Halo belt.
IMG_7953.jpeg

And for the pauldrons/biceps, I have a strap with a clip attached the top of the pauldron which connects to the chest plate.
IMG_7954.jpeg
IMG_7956.jpeg

I posted a while ago that I was going to make a magnet mount for my AR. Well... I've changed my mind. I'm not going to do that. But I'm still going to make a magnet mount for the Sidekick, and a under-suit.

Last edited:
I recently started work on the helmet, and I've gotta tell you. It was a pain! But all very worth it in the end.

First I had to spend a while sealing all the holes and seems in the helmet, as well as adding the details.
IMG_3511.jpeg

After that I sprayed on 3 coats of plasti-dip and primer.
IMG_3531.jpeg

After it was finished priming I painted on two coats of my green paint.
IMG_3545.jpeg

After the helmet was finished, I had to start making the visor. Which wasn't easy. I first cut out the general shape from a sheet of 2mm plexiglass. After that I shaped it with a heat gun, and got the curve.
IMG_3521.jpeg
IMG_3523.jpeg

After that part was done, it was on to window tinting. I was able to make a good base layer for the visor with the plexiglass glass. It took a couple tries, but I got the hang of it.
IMG_3532.jpeg

Next I had to make the detail layer, and this part scared me. I only had four sheets of plexiglass and already used one for the base layer. This detail visor you see took me three tries.
IMG_3540.jpeg

Also took a couple tries to tint the detail, but it came out nice.
IMG_3556.jpeg

I finally had the bulk of the helmet done. And after some weathering and more tweaks I was able to achieve my greatest work of all.
IMG_3590.jpeg

IMG_3655.jpeg

IMG_3650.jpeg
IMG_3652.jpeg

IMG_3651.jpeg
IMG_3654.jpeg

The lights were made with cheap finger lights that fit into slots so I can change them out in the future. Also something funny happened at the end of making this helmet. I was spraying some matte clear coat onto the helmet to protect the paint, but I forgot to cover the visor. I was so scared. I thought I had ruined my helmet. And I did... for only five minutes. I learned that I could scratch it off the visor, so I used it to my advantage. I scratched most of it off leaving some of it behind to make a grime on the visor. This made it look even better. I am so happy with this helmet. All that's left now is to paint the rest of the suit, and make some tweaks to make it all more comfortable.

Last edited:
This work is absolutely incredible lad, I have to ask what height are you in terms of the pattern, did you have to make many size adjustments? I cant get over how clean your foam working is though its such a bang up job

This work is absolutely incredible lad, I have to ask what height are you in terms of the pattern, did you have to make many size adjustments? I cant get over how clean your foam working is though its such a bang up job
Thank you very much. I am 5'9 and around an average build. I had to scale the shins, thighs, biceps, and chest plate to fit properly. The chest was scaled to fit a child. I found out the hard way, lol.

Thank you very much. I am 5'9 and around an average build. I had to scale the shins, thighs, biceps, and chest plate to fit properly. The chest was scaled to fit a child. I found out the hard way, lol.
Makes sense, thanks for letting me know, im the same as you so imma take a crack at scaling it up and then having a go. I look forward to seeing yours finished lad

I've been lurking in this thread for sometime, and i'm dying to see a full suit up pic. Also, from one foamsmith to another, your work is absolutely amazing and gives me inspiration to do my spartan, which i've been sitting on for a while.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Quick update, Im not going to post any more pictures except for the final product. I've painted most of one leg. All that is left is to paint the stomach piece, thigh, shin, and both shoes.

I've been lurking in this thread for sometime, and i'm dying to see a full suit up pic. Also, from one foamsmith to another, your work is absolutely amazing and gives me inspiration to do my spartan, which i've been sitting on for a while.

Keep up the fantastic work!
Thank you, and same to you. Good luck with you suit.

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back