Halo Legends Sucks.....whoops ! Could A Mod Move This Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I net-flixed it thinking it would be an awsome event, it started out good. The Orign(s) were decent, but "The Duel" while very nicely watercolored, had 40 ft. Hunters. Ok I'ma gonna let you scrap your brains off of the ceiling...........I was so disgusted by that I had to watch through my fingers as a samurai looking' quasi-elite took down an arbiter with a energy sword shaped metal sword. Oh and did I mention the arbiters wife? She looked like a freakin' snake! No mandibles! Ok I know some of you are going to say that "well that was so we could "Identify" with the characters" I don't care.

I'm not sure which one it was but it was with the Red Spartan with the C.Q.B. helmet. This spartan is supposed to be the most by the book soldier ever. Her hair was long and flowing, perfect the the likes of regular Anime, but (according to one of the halo books) "the maximum hair length will not exceed 16 centimers." Jesus, it was like 3 feet! That and the "Baby Sitter" or something like that. One of the best, but it sported the usual short commings. Long hair, pissed off main characters. The assassination was awsome [sub]bad voice acting...[/sub]. Oh and one last thing, "the prototype" Gee I thought I was watching Gundam or something.

So that is my rant of sorts about how you should not hand off the rights of a franchise willy nilly.

Yeah yeah it WAS a halo movie of sorts, but I just hate Anime

And some people will say "oh thats what we do on the 405th, is Artistic License...yes but it is kept within the realm of halo

i like the first two and the last one the best, the rest were...yea and odd one out disgusted me personally

Yeah I know dude, I've watched it too but it didn't feel like a real Halo movie to

me. But I heard that Peter Jackson wanted to do the movi but I never heard

anything after that about that project.

Well, I loved it.

The different studios that did the episodes did there own interpretation of events thhat could have happend in the Halo universe. Yeah, there may have been some japanese refernces in the episodes, but there are some American made cartoons and films that have Japanese references?

had 40 ft. Hunters.

They are possible you know. Just look at the scarab.

Oh and did I mention the arbiters wife? She looked like a freakin' snake! No mandibles!

We don't actually know what the females look like. It is a possibility that could only have there mouths like that. Many real life animals are different in appearance. In birds, some males are more colorful that females, in others females azre larger than males.

This spartan is supposed to be the most by the book soldier ever. Her hair was long and flowing, perfect the the likes of regular Anime, but (according to one of the halo books) "the maximum hair length will not exceed 16 centimers." Jesus, it was like 3 feet!

That is called artistic expression. Anime has always had the females have really long hair. Now, I know that it isn't true in real life, but hey it's just a show, so calm down.

Oh and one last thing, "the prototype" Gee I thought I was watching Gundam or something.

Again, another japnese referense. Japan has had a strong passion for giant robots. personally, I loved the design. If it was put into full scale production, then the Covenant would be lossing many ground battles.

So that is my rant of sorts about how you should not hand off the rights of a franchise willy nilly.

The franchise wasn't handed out "Willy Nilly". They have had talks about this for some time. Just becuase it's going to be handed out to someone else doesn't mean that it's going to be a failure.

And also, why the hell does everybody hate the "Odd one out" episode? Don't we poke fun at master chief all the time? I've seen pics of chief with pink needles stuck in his ass or chief taking a stroll around walmart.

-Pony

When a Mgalekgolo colony gets too big, it divides into two, thus making two hunters. Making them bonded to each other, thats why when you kill one hunter, the other one gets angry. they are the same "family".

A scarab is a huge collection of lekgolo but the way I understand is that it is only used for the joints to give added support.

Besides, the reason I'm getting at is that no one in the Video games has encountered a 40 ft. hunter.

Yes, I know there are some differences between a male and a female, of almost every species there are subtle or not so differences.

BUT this

Han.jpg

is a major difference from this

images.jpg

Yes It is like I said that it is artistic license but, I PERSONALLY would like to see some kind of resemblance between the two sexes.

there is a major difference between the two, like

Humanish Jaw V.S. Predator Style Jaw

HAIR! (reminds me of predator, the dreads at least)

but it could be argued that male elites shave all the hair off of them for some sort of ritual.

About the (spartan) hair, yes is artistic license, but Once again I would like to see that it closer to the rules a spartan would be following.

Ok about the prototype, If that was a stand-alone thing like some random show, that would be awesome.

I think that would make a kick-a$$ costume. Not to mention the implecations in the halo universe on ground or heck, space battles.

What I ment by Willy-nilly was that yes there was obviously a intensive check of the artists, (they did a superb job artistically)

But for the last time I would like them to expand upon the halo universe in a more reserved way. Such as those space-bike things in the 3D episode. The whole space sequence reminded me of the into scene of Star Wars III.

I understand that there are differences in the artistic style and thinking between out culture and the Japanese.

I guess I just like halo the way it is.

So that is my anti-rant rant

Spartan-124 said:
Ok, I net-flixed it thinking it would be an awsome event, it started out good. The Orign(s) were decent, but "The Duel" while very nicely watercolored, had 40 ft. Hunters. Ok I'ma gonna let you scrap your brains off of the ceiling...........I was so disgusted by that I had to watch through my fingers as a samurai looking' quasi-elite took down an arbiter with a energy sword shaped metal sword. Oh and did I mention the arbiters wife? She looked like a freakin' snake! No mandibles! Ok I know some of you are going to say that "well that was so we could "Identify" with the characters" I don't care.

I'm not sure which one it was but it was with the Red Spartan with the C.Q.B. helmet. This spartan is supposed to be the most by the book soldier ever. Her hair was long and flowing, perfect the the likes of regular Anime, but (according to one of the halo books) "the maximum hair length will not exceed 16 centimers." Jesus, it was like 3 feet! That and the "Baby Sitter" or something like that. One of the best, but it sported the usual short commings. Long hair, pissed off main characters. The assassination was awsome [sub]bad voice acting...[/sub]. Oh and one last thing, "the prototype" Gee I thought I was watching Gundam or something.

And some people will say "oh thats what we do on the 405th, is Artistic License...yes but it is kept within the realm of halo

you know when i heard this was coming out i was so excited, got it, watched it.. and i cant say it was as amazing as people seem to make it out to be.

the only one i really liked was the package as that seemed so much more realistic to the halo universe than the others.

but fair enough to the people who did like it. it is drawn and animated extremely well..

hah one thing that i found slightly anoying was the master chief's voice, i mean if your going to animate master chief at least give him the decency of having the in game voice actor...

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't worth the money. The only good storys were the one where Cortana talked about the Forerunner history and the other one with the Elites. The Dragonball-like Story with Spartan-1337 was also funny but nothing like this could have ever been a real event ^^

Spartan-124 said:
When a Mgalekgolo colony gets too big, it divides into two, thus making two hunters. Making them bonded to each other, thats why when you kill one hunter, the other one gets angry. they are the same "family".

A scarab is a huge collection of lekgolo but the way I understand is that it is only used for the joints to give added support.

Besides, the reason I'm getting at is that no one in the Video games has encountered a 40 ft. hunter.

Yes, I know there are some differences between a male and a female, of almost every species there are subtle or not so differences.

BUT this

Han.jpg

is a major difference from this

images.jpg

Yes It is like I said that it is artistic license but, I PERSONALLY would like to see some kind of resemblance between the two sexes.

there is a major difference between the two, like

Humanish Jaw V.S. Predator Style Jaw

HAIR! (reminds me of predator, the dreads at least)

but it could be argued that male elites shave all the hair off of them for some sort of ritual.

About the (spartan) hair, yes is artistic license, but Once again I would like to see that it closer to the rules a spartan would be following.

Ok about the prototype, If that was a stand-alone thing like some random show, that would be awesome.

I think that would make a kick-a$$ costume. Not to mention the implecations in the halo universe on ground or heck, space battles.

What I ment by Willy-nilly was that yes there was obviously a intensive check of the artists, (they did a superb job artistically)

But for the last time I would like them to expand upon the halo universe in a more reserved way. Such as those space-bike things in the 3D episode. The whole space sequence reminded me of the into scene of Star Wars III.

I understand that there are differences in the artistic style and thinking between out culture and the Japanese.

I guess I just like halo the way it is.

So that is my anti-rant rant

watch close again. You can see that they press thier mandibles to eachother. If you look closely you can see the cap. How are they to speak even otherwise in english so you could understand it?

I loved it myself btw. Wy keeps everybody dissing this. Its a take of famous mangakas on the halo universe. Shut up that it doesnt follow the halo universe correctly. Really!

This never was meant to be serious stories.

I didn't like it either. Origins 1 and 2 were decent, but the others (and this is coming from an artist here, so I get artistic expression) were pretty lame. Even putting my knowledge and bias towards the Halo universe aside, they did not entertain me.

I was expecting more something along the lines of what The Animatrix did, telling side stories, that added to the story as a whole. All Legends seemed to do was tell stories that could nearly have been completely independent of Halo altogether.

All Legends seemed to do was tell stories that could nearly have been completely independent of Halo altogether.

You have to look at the bigger picture here. Almost all of those stories could have been in the in the universe. It all could have started out with the Elites, the ODST story, the one with the CQB, the power armor episode, and the package.

You just have to find out where they would fit.

Wy keeps everybody dissing this. Its a take of famous mangakas on the halo universe. Shut up that it doesnt follow the halo universe correctly. Really!

This never was meant to be serious stories.

I agree 100% with Ben. The people that worked on this worked extremely hard just so you can see their take on Halo, not retelling the story.

If you all really want to criticize something, wait until the movie comes out.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
You just have to find out where they would fit.

I'm fairly sure it's a flop on the production team's part if the viewer has to do some research to fit their product into the storyline.

I agree 100% with Ben. The people that worked on this worked extremely hard just so you can see their take on Halo, not retelling the story.

Consumers have the right to criticize what they own. Also, putting work into something and adding personal flair to it does NOT make it entertaining, appealing, or interesting.

If you all really want to criticize something, wait until the movie comes out.

Again, they paid for Halo Legends in time (on Youtube, most likely) or money, and thus have the right to criticize it. Personally, I thought the whole series was terrible in terms of "fitting in" to the Halo universe. The art style was somewhat well done but was so unfitting that it was almost torture having to watch all of it. The stories were... well, let's just not go there.

In conclusion, none of this really matters, and in about a week nobody will actually give a crap, so let's stop senselessly arguing about some anime episodes and start arguing about things more meaningful. Why don't we do that?

Spartan-124 said:

agreed for the most part Duel was terrible but the red CQB spartan did not have that long of hair compaired to the one in Babysitter. however i did love the one with spartan 1333 until it turned into som half dragonball knockoff... i think the special features should have been increased...

I can understand where you're coming from in terms of hunters, ACDC, but you have to take into account the armor, I don't think they'd make custom sized armor for every pair.

Personally I enjoyed Halo Legends, I get everyones complaints but in the end I think i was a fun ride and seperate from the games

For the most part I agree. Homecoming was downright painful, although I thought Origins was exceptional. Definitely not worth it to buy it.

Well I have to say I only watched 2 halo legends episodes,

The baby sitter, and the Duel

The only one I really liked was the baysitter, because It had some halo references

and

I really hated the Duel, because of the stuff you guys are talking about :p

But for being a japanese interpretention of halo, I think it was alright, but they could have done better if they stuck with the halo story

im still gonna watch it because its halo and im curious about that spartan 1337 clip...i dont normally like anime but there are some exceptions like gundam seed and deus ex or something as well as evangelion and i hear it was some of the top animators in Japan or something? so ill probably like most of it, however i was still dissapointed with bungie for just doing that and seeming to not have any worries about fans outcries of hatred towards that decision seeing as america has a huge population of people that really hate anime, thats not to say that they all do and that its only america but most fans of halo are more likely from america. i wrote too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back