Halo Machete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trando434

Hey guys, you know how much the mods hate it when you post WIP threads with no pictures, well im not doing that this time so here ya go!

mms_picturejpg258.jpg

Sry, my mom is paranoid about pics on the internet, not that you care or anything

mms_picture.jpg

mms_picturejpg257.jpg

mms_picturejpg260.jpg

And for the helluvit
mms_picturejpg259.jpg

ZOMG!

anyone have any ideas about the handguard? the sword itself is cut from a piece of 1/4 in co-polymer plastic sheeting so its really tough, and i just don't know how to add a handguard. its a bit chubbier than the model I based it off of, but it'll have to do for now, im in the process of adding a rubberized grip to it and then putting the bungie septagon and marathon symbol on it! and anyone have any ideas how to paint this stuff?

Actaully it does, google halo machete, and youll see that it has an oblong shape, but the problem with spray paint is that it makes the plastic sticky, and the other thing is that being co-polymer it is designed to resist scratching to an almost diamond like quality so that the main use, prosthetic limbs, will be maintained as long as possible so sandpaper is outta the picture. I could heat it up and then sandpaper it, that might work, ill keep working, i only get one day a week to work on it though, actually its more like an hour each week:(

Co-polymer plastic used in making prosthetic limbs, body jackets, etc. My dad says its used because of maleability, cheapness, and durability, thats why my Crusader sword from 3rd grade (gray one in the 3rd pic?) has survived nearly 9 years from sparring.

What they don't mention is that they shot the two headed bigfoot while he was wearing recon. Well, one of the heads anyway. The other was wearing something from Chobits.

actually, the hand guard could be done with electrical tape to get a good grip going.... btw, where does he get his plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back