halo movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the post count is more. and MC wasn't bumped to a supporting role because of his lack of emotions, it was because he doesn't ever take off his helmet, and that would kind of be weird for a movie, in a game its fine but as a movie character you want to get attached and it just wouldn't work out that well.

stens47 said:
ya sorry all of my english teachers forgot to teach me that stuff. or i just never paid attention. either way sorry about it. ill try more from now on.
If you dont know how to speak atleast 1 Language properly (i assume english is your 1st language).
You should really go back to school or practice speaking it yourself... No one has ever teached me on how to use punctuation. I learned english, and just assumed (assumed from the Finnish language) how the periods, commas and punctuations work.

Your life is going to be really miserable when you are trying to get a job... i mean seriously if your going to type your jobe resume with this grammar you wont be hired. I'm not trying to be mean or anything i'm just trying to tell you a fact,
YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPEAK WRITE AND READ ATLEAST 1 LANGUAGE IN YOUR LIFE.
Otherwise your life might be very difficult..
I just dont want you to end up living as a beggar, that's all.

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT:
EXAMPLE ON HOW EASY IT IS:
stens47 said:
ok then how do i get in veterans then cus i hate noobs
And now the fixed version:

Ok then, how do i get in the veterans? Because i hate noobs.

It isnt that difficult is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan117x said:
Yeah the post count is more. and MC wasn't bumped to a supporting role because of his lack of emotions, it was because he doesn't ever take off his helmet, and that would kind of be weird for a movie, in a game its fine but as a movie character you want to get attached and it just wouldn't work out that well.

Master Chief is so badass he doesn't need to take his helmet off to have the audience love him. If the movie gets as many fans as the games then there's nothing to worry about. I think the fact that you never see him without his helmet is one of those really important elements of Halo - it allows him to be the mysterious, kick ass character everybody wants to be (as is apparent by this site :) )

If they werent going to have MC as the main character who would it be o_O
like follow an ODST or something...they cant cut out MC for most of the movie you cant have on or the other...MC=Halo...Halo=MC

As early as last week The new update artical
for Comic Con 2008 was finished and ready for print.
My neighbor left the artical around and I saw
old PJ has been enlisted for a post-production
remake of Godzilla because of postponement
of Halo.
Now WETA, w/ their Halo goodies,
has made a deal with Bungie as far as "Yes"
they are partnered to go through and make it.

The props?
floating between the hands of WETA and Bungie's
employees, and parking lot, and laundry room, and toilets, and. . .

Now my theory?

1) Peter Jackson may have signed to go with directing a Godzilla remake
for the sake he right now isn't directing anything and this maybe a good
monster movie to take over as an appitizer for Halo- (the main course)

2) The Script is holding up the whole damn thing
as cheese would be blocking the pie. If someone would get a
script finished and agreed it was:
"The most in-frigggin'-credible edible Slap jo' momma!"
script ever. . . Then perhaps a movie company would sign to it
and actually finish this fight. It's not too hard to
imagin a second company joining in partnership to do it.

3) Master Chief. . . master. .cheif. . .*tisk tisk*
The first script by Alex Gardland (28 Days Later)
was seen through the eyes of our beloved hero and
starts at the Battle of Reach and the other Spartans.
Then the first change in scripts came where it was seen through his
eyes only after splitting from Dr. Hasely about an hour into
the movie (starts at the battle of Harvest and time jumping
to the begining of the S-II project)

After that, the scripts were never actually released as "the script"
just rumors. My idea would be to jump between events and characters.
Examples:
*Show a little of Commander Key's family in a flashback as he dies horribly to the Flood
*Show Sargent Johnson when we get too bord of MC
*Show the Covenant stratigies and give some of THEIR OWN language
*Have Cortana "think" to herself about John ( some commentary would be nice)
* Show some good Spartan logic through Master Cheif himself
Balance it and I think thats a good story with out carrying out the remove-the-helmet suicide for the audience

Let's not get away from whos important here.
I mean whos going to blow up Halo after all?
Sure as hell not Private Jenkins thats for sure. . .

(FYI) Pvt. Jenkins --->

Have you ever seen the movie V for Vendetta? I assume not. Or you just forgot about it. A movie can work without seeing the main characters face.

Darthcalibar said:
Have you ever seen the movie V for Vendetta? I assume not. Or you just forgot about it. A movie can work without seeing the main characters face.

Exactly! And V was probably the AWESOMEST movie character in all of movie history - he gives the same effect MC should in the Halo movie

Darthcalibar said:

I have not seen the movie, I wish I had, but that was not my opinion. That's what the film crew actually decided upon. (The reason)

"Where the Master Chief doesn't have a face... That's hard to carry as a main character for an entire film. But you can certainly surround him with people who don't have helmets on and you can see their faces.

Sorry for all of that nonsense Finnish. I'll try harder. The entire point of not seeing MCs face in the game is because it was supposed to give the player the feeling that they are the one behind the visor. To change that in the movie would ruin everything that Bungie and Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 have worked to achieve. Plus we all know who is behind the visor anyways.

stens47 said:
Sorry for all of that nonsense Finnish. I'll try harder. The entire point of not seeing MCs face in the game is because it was supposed to give the player the feeling that they are the one behind the visor. To change that in the movie would ruin everything that Bungie and Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 have worked to achieve. Plus we all know who is behind the visor anyways.
and i thought it was bill clinton dam!!!!!
rich

Master_Chief_13 said:
If they werent going to have MC as the main character who would it be o_O
like follow an ODST or something...they cant cut out MC for most of the movie you cant have on or the other...MC=Halo...Halo=MC
There doesnt have to be an actual main charecter... but it would propably follow the leaders like captain keyes... and so on.
I bet they will make master chief even more of an mystery like described in the books, Everyone has heard about the Spartans but no one knows if they exist... Like a Legend... I bet that's what they are going to do.

-Fin(n)ish

ya but those kinds of movies always confuse me. especially if the guys look the same. which would be the case as the all have armor on and if they didnt follow mc it would just ruin it and thousands of fans would be dissapointed like me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back