Halo Reach 3D Printed Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I prefer to have my pieces bigger than smaller. I think the one mistake most people make when scaling their armor is making to fit their body instead of scaling it to where you need a little bit of padding. Spartans are bulky and most people don’t have those proportions so just in my opinion I want the armor to slip easily and the void space have padding. Just my 2 cents!

I totally understand that. I have not altered any of the files beside the forearm so I can keep the bulkiness. The default forearm size was just a bit to small so needed to scale that up. Will propably print two sizes of the forearm in the end to see which size looks best and gives the best movement because its very diffecult to tell just using Armoursmith.

Honestly I prefer to have my pieces bigger than smaller. I think the one mistake most people make when scaling their armor is making to fit their body instead of scaling it to where you need a little bit of padding. Spartans are bulky and most people don’t have those proportions so just in my opinion I want the armor to slip easily and the void space have padding. Just my 2 cents!
i agree i have had to reprint things because of that same issue

Just a small update since my last post. Was going to wait untill I had a good amount off armour pieces before posting again but that might be a while since I can't continuously print things and the filament I get is expensive. Going to try some cheaper stuff for the small parts of the suit to save on money. So far I have printed the other hand cover and shoulder pad. I have also printed a forearm piece which I ended up enlarging to fit my hand through instead of finding a way to clip the two halfs together. Time will tell if the enlarged size will look silly :lol:

2.jpg

3.jpg

I also really wanted the UA attachment for my helmet so I converted a pep file I found and sized it to what I thought would fit and it turned out great. (added the top square detail myself)

1.jpg

I bought some bits and pieces for the undersuit such as gloves, sports gear and some "scuba hex" material made by Yaya Han which I will add to areas of the undersuit which are visible as I doute a full undersuit made of the material would be comfortable.

i have to agree with you there DefineLuck i printed the bicep to fit my arm and manit was horrable it hurt getting it on and was worse taking it off. so i can always add padding in the undersuit or the armor its self

My printer has been working hard for a couple weeks now so just wanted to show what I have been up too. First I have been printing out some smaller bits of the armour to see how the cheaper PLA filament was which has been working well so will keep the price of this build way down.

(Here are those bits ranging from the belt area, knife and knee pads as well as some of the chest attachments.)

2.jpg

I also finished the other forearm so got all the upper bits done excluding the chest. (using fidlock connectors to attach the shoulderpad)

1.jpg

I have also made the calf armour pieces as well.

3.jpg

The coming week I will be printing the thighs, shoes then the remaining chest attachment piece and finaly the chest and back armour.

Been a while since my last update so just wanted to show you all my armour pieces to date. I have pretty much got all the armour printed except for the shoe coverings which are on hold as I have not found shoes I want to use as the base for them. Since last update I have done the chest, back, thighs and chest attachment. I will begin working in the LEDs I want to add to the suit later this week and print small detail bits like the back spine part and possible armour ability module.

(the front and back armour)
4.jpg

(thigh and calf)
3.jpg

(chest attachment)
2.jpg

(Forearms and shoulders)
6.jpg

(Belt area)
1.jpg

(Knees, knife, hands and chest sides)
5.jpg

(My poor attempt of a selfie with some of the armour on)
7.jpg

Soon begins the slow process of filling and sanding but glad I have got this far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back