Halo Reach DMR Paintball Marker

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan463

Well Im looking to build a paintball gun based of the DMR in reach, most of it will have to be built in sections (in order to field strip). I have the basic concept for the internals in my head how ever I would like to know what you think I should make it out of. (need something strong enough to be dropped on the ground, and the lighter the better).

Also it would be helpful if anyone had a 3 dimensional Blueprints?, The side images are great but all angles would just make it that much better/easier.

Thanks

Define basic concept...

I've owned several painball makers over the years, from spyder, tippman, gryphon, kingman, and a few others. I can take all of them apart down to the last bolt and pin and reassemble them. But I know I could never (without the proper tools, and materials) make my own from scratch.

You might want to take a real paintball maker and build up around that. The Tippman 98 Custom is relatively inexpensive and breaks down nicely. Plus, it's a good base to work with simply because it's somewhat close to the right shape, and with the collapsable stock, wouldn't require too terribly much work, depending on your building materials. If your woodworking skills are up for it, you could free hand most of it with reference photo's to work from.

As for the 3D blueprints, download pepakura designer, and the file for the DMR. That'll give you most every angle you need to use a a reference.

Rex out.

EDIT: Or you could make the DMR out of an Airsoft gun instead. The Famas Tactical Rifle is VERY close already and won't need much modification at all to turn into a DMR. Just a thought...

No, I didn't mean from scratch, that's why out of my experience/ equipment/ and time.
I want to make a strip-able shroud that would cover what could be either Tiberius 8, or something with a small set up like so. As i dont know the Exact gun im using at the moment (but leaning to the old T8 my dad has lying around), I cant produce a layout of what it would look like, but as we speed im making a 3D model of the DMR shroud in pieces with every spot for a screw to go. I idea at the moment is that Im staying away from the hopper and external air (meaning Clips), now the DMR's clip looks big enough to get 12 or paintballs in it + a 12g Co2 cylinder. I will have the bolt and hammer in the back, possible have the regulator up by the foregrip, a damn long barrel going through the gun, and im trying to convince my computer tech buddy to program a counter to put under the scope :)
and Im looking for something a little stronger and lighter, ill see if the plastic molders in my town can mold some parts and i might metal up the rest

Gotcha. Well even that seems like it's going to be a bit of work. Best of luck though. I'll be following to see how it turns out!

Rex out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back