Halo Reach full build WIP

Isaac039

First attempt at building a full suit, still a long ways until it’s done. It’s looking good though for not having any undersuit or padding yet. Just waiting on my next shipment of filament

Attachments

• A778E1D4-8F94-4197-B8A8-51ED8EE651ED.jpeg
    A778E1D4-8F94-4197-B8A8-51ED8EE651ED.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
  • A10C6AE1-D910-4640-B31B-AE3E558AC38C.jpeg
    A10C6AE1-D910-4640-B31B-AE3E558AC38C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 146
***Update on my progress!***
Completed both shins and legs! This is the bulk of the armor now complete; I still have a long way to go, but it's starting to come together. Can't wait until I get to finally start the post process.

Attachments

• ORG_DSC08462.JPG
    ORG_DSC08462.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
  • ORG_DSC08459.JPG
    ORG_DSC08459.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • ORG_DSC08474.JPG
    ORG_DSC08474.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
  • 75c2b8b8-173b-4283-98de-a469cc665b31.jpg
    75c2b8b8-173b-4283-98de-a469cc665b31.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 147
Amazing work on your Reach build so far! What's the name of the boots your using with the shin parts?
Thank you! And these are Dr. Martens “Combs Tech II Poly Casual Boots”.They’re really comfortable to walk and have a nice hold to my foot. I’ll probably be debating if I’m going stick with these or try some other boots once I get closer towards the end of my build.

Been a minute since I posted on this thread, but I have some progress! I have one leg about completed. I left the other one just primed as to compare the two. All I need is to redo some strapping as the last ones failed, mount the lights, and get some better pants lol

Attachments

• ORG_DSC08989.jpg
    ORG_DSC08989.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • ORG_DSC08988.jpg
    ORG_DSC08988.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 99
  • ORG_DSC08978.jpg
    ORG_DSC08978.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Been a minute since I posted on this thread, but I have some progress! I have one leg about completed. I left the other one just primed as to compare the two. All I need is to redon some strapping as the last ones failed, mount the lights, and get some better pants lol
Congrats! Do you like how it fits?

looks really good, are you gona attach your knees to your shins or float them? i have not had great success floating knees so if you figure out a way that works well id be interested.

looks really good, are you gona attach your knees to your shins or float them? i have not had great success floating knees so if you figure out a way that works well id be interested.
I’m still figuring it out but once I do I’ll update how I end it up

This build is coming along cleanly, it's always a treat to see Reach Era stuff.
You going to be going with the dual shoulder khukri's? I also love the pain color you went with on your legs, it's a really good looking grey.

This build is coming along cleanly, it's always a treat to see Reach Era stuff.
You going to be going with the dual shoulder khukri's? I also love the pain color you went with on your legs, it's a really good looking grey.
That was the plan! I was really hyped to get the shoulders done, but after I bought the files on Cgtrader they didn't have the actual security shoulders or mounts for the khukri's. I'm doing them last in hopes I find some files I can work with for the build. Ideally once this is complete, I'll mount the armor like how they had the suit in the Reach trailers for Carter.

How long did it take you to paint each piece you've done so far?
Also it looks awesome, I especially like the thigh pieces
Painting only took about two days, I spray painted the base color which is a gloss gray. The second day I masked off all the parts that needed to be black and painted with a brush. I did sand those pieces that I painted black to scuff the gloss for a more even finish at the end. after that and it dried I took off the masking and highlighted some edges with a silver marker to give it a more roughed up looked

Thank you! I have some straps on order and the pants I have coming in come with attachable kneepads for airsoft. I'm going to experiment with attaching velcro between those and the knees to see if that works. The shins are going to be strapped to my thigh piece from behind my leg to better hide the straps

That was the plan! I was really hyped to get the shoulders done, but after I bought the files on Cgtrader they didn't have the actual security shoulders or mounts for the khukri's. I'm doing them last in hopes I find some files I can work with for the build. Ideally once this is complete, I'll mount the armor like how they had the suit in the Reach trailers for Carter.
I know Nerd Forge has them for 20 bucks with the khukri, you can just take the right arm and mirror it to the left.
Here's a link for you Reach Security Shoulder Wearable 3D Print Model | 3D Print Model

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back