Halo Reach Mk V [B] Build Log

Dang, I gotta hand it to the foam smiths, y'all have way more patience and dedication than me. I'm gonna have to learn here soon tho as I get into the under suit. But y'all are talented, that looks great
Thanks. For me it's lack of patience. You get instant gratification. You cut a piece and glue. Cut a piece and glue. You can adjust and make corrections on the fly by sanding or cutting another piece.

Fir example I had to adjust the last few pieces of the back top and even had to draft a piece by hand. However, it's all done and ready for clean up.
1000003182.jpg
1000003181.jpg
1000003180.jpg

Clean up is likely to take all weekend as I let foam clay and joint compound dry before a final sanding.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been quiet lately because I actually went back and redid the shins. Here what the new set looks like.

1000003302.jpg

1000003303.jpg

1000003301.jpg

I think it's important to show that this is a process and sometimes you got to go back. Here's what the old set looks like next to the new one.
1000003305.jpg

I made sure to be a bit more consistent with details while also cleaning up and adding more. Here's another example of how I wasn't happy with how my seams came out.
1000003306.jpg

At this time I've made about 3 pairs of shins.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts. I'll be moving on to clean up the shins and building the knee plates

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back