Halo: Subliminal Messaging Evolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey dumb dumb the game is nothing but a mixed up god game. the name is halo i meen if you not know this you might wanna take a retarded test.

Yeah, many people find subliminal messages in everything.

does the number 23 ring a bell?

Lets not get overboard on the whole thing. its a game, but its also much more. just dont let it get to be scientology level, which is just pure....uh......

i better stop talking now.

Friendly said:
I have found out last week in Physics that sound travels at a speed of 343 m/s (that's meters per second). 343 Guilty Spark anyone?

Then there's 2401 Penitent Tangent from Halo 2. Remember him? What does he have to do with this you ask? The fourth root of 2401 and the cubed root of 343 is 7. I don't know what that means, but I know for a fact it's not a coincidence. I'm still working on that.

John 117. The first thing that pops into my mind is what's written in the Bible. Specifically, John 1:1-7. Here's what it says:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
"There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him."

Now there's the slogan for Halo 3:
"Believe"
Anyone find this curious at all?

halo is based all on the bible

Last edited by a moderator:
TwitchFMX8811 said:
I think is a coincidence although I wish it wasn't because as a Christian myself I think that would be just awesome. But you have to think... If they were trying to make biblical suggestions then why would they make some of the characters cuss?

I have to remember, the spoken language changes from generation to generation... "cuss" works 60yrs ago, are common words now with lighter meaning, as I'm sure in another 60 yrs our cuss words will again be adapted.... So put very little stock into what society declares a "cuss" word now, because it will change. The only true words to avoid in all times is blaspheming...

but why do they do it?
The reason for all the "hidden" meanings is right here.... this thread. Much like a true seeker of knowledge, many people can't be handed the information and be content... A true seeker wants to experience everything for himself, for that is what it is to truly be alive. WOW that was deep.... where did that come from?

theres no doubt it has biblical references, bungie is known for using the number 7 and numbers related to it again and again. And the ark.. Well yeah it's definately a reference to the bible, why else use the name? And why call a zombie-like parasite "the flood". I always thought that was a wierd name.. Add the two together in the halo storyline, 100,000 years ago the ark was used to kill all sentient life, except humanity, who the forerunners wanted to spare for being "special". (there is a lot of evidence in the game that we are special for our simularities to the forerunners, from the handscanners in forerunner facilities and only humans being able to activate halo- to guilty spark himself mistaking humans for forerunners, so it is likely that humans are genetically very simular, and it's quite possible the surviving forerunners settled on earth, this also can be considered a parellel to the forerunners being angels preparing the universe, and created in gods immage as we are, so being very simular). I think bungie put the little pieces in there to be "clever" and original. It is fun to interpret things, and they left a lot of room for that.

As for being a copy or thier own wierd interpretation of the bible, I don't think so. I think they are simply alluding to it as is common in story writing to do this and honor works you have respect for. They wanted halo to be meaningful, so alluding to the bible works well. But I really don't think halo is "the gospel according to bungie". It's more, here's our game, and we want it to be really epic and great, so we're gonna allude to something epic and great.

keep in mind, I'm not really a die hard christian, but I do enjoy finding parellels between the two stories, like I also enjoy the Marathon references in halo (even though bungie has stated they are not related).

hey dumb dumb the game is nothing but a mixed up god game. the name is halo i meen if you not know this you might wanna take a retarded test

Huh? The word "Halo" has nothing to do with God... :D

Just kidding.

You know this reminds me of when the Cortana letters were first sent out, everyone looking for the hidden meaning in what she said.

I don't think people should take this topic too seriously, I think its just about having fun and seeing what can be linked to the game to show now Bungie thought during the development of the Halo games.

SPARTAN-430 said:
If you read Bungie's bio, they say they got 343 from thier building address which was 434.. they reversed it.

Actually, they wanted to move into building 343 when they moved, but somebody already had that. :p

Edit: Quick thing to mention, this was after Halo 1.

if you havent seen this then buy the books most of halo3s words are for the books like. in fall of reach theres like 5 phrases. you will become the protecters of earth and all her coninies, we will make you the best you can be, and your destroctoin is the will of the god and we are there instriments. sry for speling its realing late here

Also the Ark is where the holy grail rests, and if found it symbolises the end of humanity. And has a similar meaning in halo3.

rvb18 said:
if you havent seen this then buy the books most of halo3s words are for the books like. in fall of reach theres like 5 phrases. you will become the protecters of earth and all her coninies, we will make you the best you can be, and your destroctoin is the will of the god and we are there instriments. sry for speling its realing late here

That's where they got the "instrumints" line...

btw: did anyone notice the terminal in the background in here? (6:14)

It all leads up to the discovery of the meaning of life, the universe, and everything......................................................................
................................................................................
................................................................................
..................etc. forty-two (42)

dungbeetle said:
It all leads up to the discovery of the meaning of life, the universe, and everything......................................................................
..................etc. forty-two (42)

Well, look out.....because majik thise is gonna get vroomfondle to demand something...

You guys are way to paranoid, i mean its a game with a few guys trying to be smart. Its funny how you have all this time to conspire about this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back