Halo Suite For The U.S Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
as to your message.

i was first a 13m10 than a 19K20 and most recently 02U. enlisted in 1995.

unless they dropped e-5's from the ranks there is ALWAYS the PLDC school to advance. gotta study like the rest of us.

really? they are going to phase out the Abrams main battle tank? 19k20 http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/19k.htm really? No Army on this planet would ever get rid of main battle tanks. Especially as somethign as kick butt as the M1-A2. Also note I happen to knwo that the Abrams M1-A3 is in development to hit the line soon in a few years...

the other MOS's are MLRS 13M10 http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/13m.htm, and Bass Guitar player 02U http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/mos/adjutant/02u.html.

why don't you check out your facts first before saying that those aren't MOS's.

The WLC is the same as what PLDC was. It is due to a change in curriculum. It is still the course you'd need to take before you can advance to E-5, and would need to pass the course and the board. According to the folks I've talked to you need to be an E-4 SPC/CPL promotable to be able to attend.

edit:

that being said. if you could get all the funds necessary to get some of us to make you gear. it might take almost a year just to get it done, unless Thorsolli or someone else who has large molds of the parts to pour you parts. it would be cool, and I know you're in the USARMY, but they way it was present set some of us off kilter, etc.

ok, i think this is starting to get out of hand. going back and forth is doing no one any good. my thought is if you can personally spend $500 and asking how far $1,000 to $2,000 will go, why don't you just buy a suit, there are several on ebay. one of the guys on here is selling his to be able to build another one. that would end this whole discussion and asking for something for free is a little much. like has been said here about the cost is so true. i have my kit about 3/4 of the way done and i have probably spent about $400 so far in supplies and other things.

i am still just sceptical of the whole thing. i still think that if a donation was made it should be made through the unit here in the states and then if the unit sees fit to ship it over then the unit does it. there is a guy on here making a suit for the army and it is an outstanding idea. the premise is sound but this bickering back and forth will not solve anything and is just makes us all look bad.

Can't we be civil here people?????

1st. let's be nice and civil/ everyone cool the 101mms....

2ndly. agree on a price.......

2ndly 2.5.. individual parts haggling

3rd. plan on a possibly drawn out series of delivers of pieces for the suit

4th. Kyroh makes the straping and undersuit at home using tools and material and his/her(IDK you gender) own money so the pieces and total cost from buying from other members is down as much as possible

5th. let's continue to be civil

6th. Stryker platoon has completed suits ready for the plantoon at next deployment.

6th 2.5.. everybody is happy, civil, and benefits and doesn't have headaches

I'm tired of these "I am a combat veteran, bow down to me and give me lots of free crap" attitudes. Suck it up, you volunteered
No one owes us ANYTHING. And it should be your responsibility to deal with that. /endquote

I think I'm in love with you, Hugh....

easily said from behind the computer in your cozy protected free home

Just FYI, plenty of people who have served are tired of that mindset as well.

As I wrote in Hugh Holder's blog post
http://www.405th.com/entry.php/495-Polarizing-points-of-view

You'd think out of anyone in this world, the vets would understand that nothing in life is a free handout and it all requires hard work and effort.

And as a side note in Hugh's defense, calling it Trashcanistan isn't an insult to the people volunteering over there for those of you not used to the way a lot of military folks talk. It literally is a giant trash can. I'll always remember a bumper sticker on a hummvee "Keep America beautiful, litter in Iraq".

Okay, play nice. If you want to get something cool for your unit (or, branching away from the military, people asking for costumes for their kids for halloween, etc.) we can help make it happen as others mentioned you need to meet the community halfway as well as show some respect. And while I can't see what post Hugh's was referencing (probably for the better) being demanding and insulting doesn't endear someone to undertake an expensive prospect such as producing a gift suit very much.

Wow Really? Thats all you care about is how well i can spell really. O wait the soilder has bad grammer. O now lets get on him about it. Wow how much of a dumb a$$ he really is. Look with things like spell check. Do you really think that anyone cares about Paragraphs, punctuation and sentences? I mean honestly. I tried to defend my self i asked for some assistance and no one belived me. So i did the next best thing... I spoke my mind and not cared. I said what i had to say and for what to be ridicule. I mean really. Thats what i got my self into on this web page. God well I'm so Sorry. I did not know i offened everyone on here with how i spoke. Well then...umm Well First off Sorry Brandon. Your right i shouldn't have blown up. But well when you have people on here that well don't belive a word you say. Well tell me what would you have done? As for the rest off you. Good job. I asked for something that to tell you the truth wasn't for me i really didn't care but it was for the platoon and it would have been nice to see hows its done. But hey what the heck do i know. I'm just some dumb infantry guy. O and as for the NCO professional development Its not there anymore don't know how long you have been in. But it no longer there. I'm done. Plese who is ever in charge of this that can delete blogs just delete this one. I tryed to make a point and it back fired.

There's NCO developement all the way to the very top of the NCO rank system. Even the Sergeant Major of the Army has ways to improve on himself.

not that I want to start something but the secret is that he/she is a M107/M82A1 rifle operator the the unit......picture on his/her avatar

but if I'm wrong again I'm not trying to start anything

But! on the other hand what's bad about being a 50 cal weapons operator?

i think this would be a pritty cool idea to see done my friend who just got back dound out that im planing to do some armor my self he's already all over me about it prob is he wants this stuff to really work lol

Is there something wrong being a sniper? And i love my M107 .50 Caliber long range sniper rifle other wise know as (LRSR) great rifel but to bad i can't use S.L.A.P rounds. O and thats not the Secret. But good trying man.

You all need to chillax and remember the prime rule. "don't be a jerk". Sorry this thread is off course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back