Halo Vehicle? possibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is an idea i have been thinking about, but i know i have no way in heck of funding such a project. But has anyone considered getting an ATV and customizing it to resemble the Mongoose, i have been doing random atv searches on google, honda has some nice sized 4 wheelers, but im wondering if its even possible to strip off the plastic body and customize your own...and make a mongoose, im just asking do you guys think its plausible

mgside3sm.jpg

it would be cool if someone could do it though, to me its probably the closest thing in our time that we could make in relation to Halo, and im talking about our resources, not Weta studio that made the Warthog lol, give them enough time they will probably make a Scorpion lol.

and i leave you guys thinking with this question, how can a small 4 wheeler support a 1ton steel armored man?

i dont want to sound like an a$$ but first of all a four wheelers tires are a lot wider than that for better traction and theres all kinds of stuff in the plastic body it holds the gas tank for one and it also holds the mount for the battery and it would be a pain to strip all that stuff out and then you would have to make the mongoose body able to attache to the same place as the old frame stuff and the handle for the back would most likely have to be directly mounted to the frame so it doesnt brake off and as for the 1ton guy riding one no the mongoose would drag ass everywhere or it has massive shocks also the mongoos has an independant rear drive train or in other words the engine powers the wheels seprately as you can see from the back and no 4 wheeler ive ever seen has that kind of drive train but ya you could make it look like it kinda but then it wouldnt be accurate to the game model

just putting in my 2 cents but if you had enough money you could actually biuld it from the ground up with a custom made frame and then the engine would have to put out a gear on each side with a chain attached to it and then you would have to make a larger kind of bike gear so the chains wouldnt go slack when the suspension kicks in and as for where the guy can stand kinda on the back you would have to design a entirely new system for that or just mount it in the right position so unless you have a crap load of money to spend on this like bishopx and slavefive then you wont get an accurate version to the game model

here are some of what im talking about the chains on the back and then the way the guy rides on the back dont mean to crush your hopes and dreams but it would take a lot of work to get it done right

I was actually looking at making my own from scratch. At the Cosco near my house they sell little 49cc motors, so I figured I'd try fabricating my own someday. Not impossible, but very difficult and time consuming if you're converting a pre-existing one (I imagine).

I could do it ive been in motorcycle fabrication for about 12 years now ive done a few atv's its not hard to get a 1300 cc engine and build and weld a box steel frame powder coat it the mold some fairings. probably total cost would be about 12k usd but it can be done i can draw up blueprints on auto cad if your interisted in the project.

stens47 said:
i dont want to sound like an a$$ but first of all a four wheelers tires are a lot wider than that for better traction and theres all kinds of stuff in the plastic body it holds the gas tank for one and it also holds the mount for the battery and it would be a pain to strip all that stuff out and then you would have to make the mongoose body able to attache to the same place as the old frame stuff and the handle for the back would most likely have to be directly mounted to the frame so it doesnt brake off and as for the 1ton guy riding one no the mongoose would drag ass everywhere or it has massive shocks also the mongoos has an independant rear drive train or in other words the engine powers the wheels seprately as you can see from the back and no 4 wheeler ive ever seen has that kind of drive train but ya you could make it look like it kinda but then it wouldnt be accurate to the game model

just putting in my 2 cents but if you had enough money you could actually biuld it from the ground up with a custom made frame and then the engine would have to put out a gear on each side with a chain attached to it and then you would have to make a larger kind of bike gear so the chains wouldnt go slack when the suspension kicks in and as for where the guy can stand kinda on the back you would have to design a entirely new system for that or just mount it in the right position so unless you have a crap load of money to spend on this like bishopx and slavefive then you wont get an accurate version to the game model

actually as previously stated by me its not all that hard to do it. for the gearing a standard 1300cc engine out of a hayabusa would work perfect and you can weld up a dual swingarm system with a common axle interlocking the two swing arms and a 520 x-ring chain system would support the torque of the motor and then as far gearing you could use a 17 tooth front sprocket and 2 45 tooth rear sprockets for the back tires. and i know ohlins makes a kick 455 gas compressed suspension system for yamaha raptors that would do perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
ResinGod said:
I could do it ive been in motorcycle fabrication for about 12 years now ive done a few atv's its not hard to get a 1300 cc engine and build and weld a box steel frame powder coat it the mold some fairings. probably total cost would be about 12k usd but it can be done i can draw up blueprints on auto cad if your interisted in the project.

But if you want to make it sound like in-game, you need an scooter-engine and a car engine combined. That's what you can see in the making of Halo 3.

I really like the idea of making it!:D
Matthijs

it would be totally cool for the group of 405th members going to dragoncon, to ride it during the parade, im not entirely sure if im going, but looking into it

if i can buy a cheep used atv i could probably get spare/scrap pieces from friends to build a body that would look like a mongoose. An actual mongoose would cost a lot of $ but it could be a fun project to do overall

Assassin716 said:
Well this is an idea i have been thinking about, but i know i have no way in heck of funding such a project. But has anyone considered getting an ATV and customizing it to resemble the Mongoose, i have been doing random atv searches on google, honda has some nice sized 4 wheelers, but im wondering if its even possible to strip off the plastic body and customize your own...and make a mongoose, im just asking do you guys think its plausible

mgside3sm.jpg

it would be cool if someone could do it though, to me its probably the closest thing in our time that we could make in relation to Halo, and im talking about our resources, not Weta studio that made the Warthog lol, give them enough time they will probably make a Scorpion lol.

and i leave you guys thinking with this question, how can a small 4 wheeler support a 1ton steel armored man?

Looked at it ...sticking with the ghost..

stens47 said:
hey resingod wouldnt the chain go slack if you ran over a bump when the suspension kicks in

actually no it wouldnt with modern motorgp and ama super bike race bikes they have automatic slack adjusters for the chains its a spring loaded block system that keeps the chain from going slack during hardcore turning and also i know that motocross uses the same system on their dirt bikes for the hill jumps.

ResinGod said:
actually no it wouldnt with modern motorgp and ama super bike race bikes they have automatic slack adjusters for the chains its a spring loaded block system that keeps the chain from going slack during hardcore turning and also i know that motocross uses the same system on their dirt bikes for the hill jumps.
I made a similiar topic, i'm actually going to do this when i get my pep files finished.
I will create the body using pepakura and fiberglass it (5 layers) then i will replace the current body with the pep one.

-Fin(n)ish

If someone has the money and time to dedicate to a project like this (makin a Mongoose) then I would suject you build the whole thing from scrap....... make the frame out of steel and build around that, its kinda like building a motorcycle. its time consuming and it will burn a hole the size of Montana in your wallet. Thats what i would do if i had the money.

I am going to work on it this weekend I have a 2002 banshee that a friend gave me with a cracked frame im gonna see if i cant make some measurements and start welding a box steel frame up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back