Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: 07
Equipment: M6C Personal Defense Weapon System

Pistol3_zpse9ea3563.png

Pistol2_zps0a3a2c44.png

Pistol1_zpsb9bf958a.png

And, that's enough for this evening.

I have the front sight post and its under-layer detail completed. I also have the double-inset on the lower forward part of the muzzle completed. I say double, because there is a smaller inset under the main one (visible best in the second picture). Additionally, the small lip is in place below it.

The ejection port is set, for now. To include the inclined lip below it. Once I get everything designed, I plan to expand on this, but that can wait.

Finally, I have included the Registry number on the pistol. This is not the serial number, I don't think, but I could be wrong. What do you think, does that look like the serial number to you?

Update: 08

Pistol1_zps34368449.png

Pistol3_zpsabdfe38f.png

Pistol2_zpsd472c939.png

One of the things I did was add a nub to the top of the forward sight post. This is for the center-of-mass detection. I'm thinking about dropping it down by half, though. At the moment, it is 1mm high, but that might be too big.

Secondly, I put in the details behind the ejection port and the inset of the top. Though, I still need to find the proper font for the Korean symbols on the top. Any help would be appreciated.

Finally, I have the rear sight blocked out and in position. I am still going to put the centering marks on it, though.

I'm waiting to put the safety level on the model until I have the grip set, just for blocking and sizing reasons.

The last thing I need to do to the receiver is the detail on the rear. I should have that finished by this evening along with a basic blocking for the grip and guard, as well as the base of the magazine.

Almost forgot, I had it pointed out to me that the serial number is most likely the symbols on the side of the ejection port (the right side of the inset piece).

Update: 09

Pistol1_zps9b2f4964.png

Pistol3_zpsc42ff8dd.png

Pistol4_zpsff93d637.png

I'm finished with the receiver. And now comes the grip and all its grippy funness.

The pin release is a button-style, ready for modification when I finally set it up for printing/articulation. Also, I was able to measure the size of the text and got it as perfect as I could. Heck, I'm surprised I have the correct font, too.

Approx when will the files be ready? I am not trying to be impatient or rush you in any way, Great work takes time. I was just curious :)

Approx when will the files be ready? I am not trying to be impatient or rush you in any way, Great work takes time. I was just curious :)
They should be ready in approximately two weeks. The modeler is currently on holiday, but he will be back soon and is working on the project (just has no internet access to send me so I can update this thread).

As for the pistol files, I am currently wrestling with the grip. It is being insolent and refusing to do what I want. It's the nature of curved surfaces in Rhino.

They should be ready in approximately two weeks. The modeler is currently on holiday, but he will be back soon and is working on the project (just has no internet access to send me so I can update this thread).

As for the pistol files, I am currently wrestling with the grip. It is being insolent and refusing to do what I want. It's the nature of curved surfaces in Rhino.

Awesome man looking forward to it :) and as for the pistol it is looking sexy!!!

Update: 10

Pistol1_zps8984eb10.png

Pistol2_zps0a298881.png

Pistol3_zpsafcd10ba.png

I have the basic shape of the grip down, but I still need to play around with it a little. As you can see in the picture, the edges are a little raw. Unfortunately, this program does not like to round corners very much. What I might end up doing is remaking the entire grip as you see it in layers and then connect them all together, so things are completely rounded all the way up. However, at least I have the basic shape down.

And for those of you that may be curious, I will indeed be doing this with ALL of the M6 Series pistols from the Halo series. At least, all of those seen in the games. The same is true for the MA5 Series in the games. I may even move on to the other weapons, but that is still up in the air.

Finally, with regards to the sound. I have found a really low cost chip and speaker combo that can be programmed with any sound. I figure, just having the gunshot sound will be enough. I don't need it to stop after 12 to be reset.

I also got bored at work and decided during my lunch break to draw up some quick designs for the various hardware inside the pistol. I'll probably do more this afternoon at work (yes, my job is really that boring). But, here's a preview.

SDC12675_zps17417263.jpg

Update: 02
Equipment: Torso

60d42e57-a469-480b-a7ed-51ebf8ad9198_zpsf7ddf9d0.jpg

The torso has been completed, excepting for those details that you don't have the security clearance for. I must say that this is a beautiful model. The level of detail is amazing, and I've already planned where I will cut it for wearing!

Otherwise, I have decided to try my hand at the FUD helmet, just to keep myself busy while I wait for all these files to be created.

More updates to come.

This looks really cool but looks like a pain to pep also:cool

Update: 11

Pistol1_zps1bfab558.png

Pistol4_zps3945bd70.png

Pistol3_zps367e56fa.png

Pistol2_zps0cc28b69.png

Rather than make it all pretty and curvy, I decided to stick with the previous forms of the pistols (or should I say the following pistols) in the series. To this end, I am just using block and angular builds. I plan to camfer the edges a little, but not a great deal. Also, I have yet to actually build any of the pieces that will actually be on the grip.

----------

This looks really cool but looks like a pain to pep also:cool
No pain, no gain. Good thing I am patient, detail oriented, and have cutting printer.

Update: 12

Pistol2_zpse6956a48.png

Pistol3_zpsf27dd6a8.png

Pistol1_zps5a90b664.png

Well, the grip is finished. As you can see, I added the outer skin to the grip and included the bumps on the sides and the ridge-work at the read on the bottom. The pipes on the sides were difficult, but I did it. I still need to add the raised piece to the connection at the top, but that will be done before I finish up my project this evening.

Tomorrow morning, I'll begin on the magazine. Unlike the rest of the pistol, I'll be doing the magazine separately from the main pistol (to include the magazine well). It will include a 0.25mm allowance on all four sides. The size of the magazine will be determined by the number (12) and size (0.50 caliber) of the rounds. But, I will determine all of that tomorrow.

----------

No pain, no gain. Good thing I am patient, detail oriented, and have cutting printer.[/QUOTE]

is this going to be foldable pep, or sliced.
also, looking sweet.. mind if I borrow the pics you used, so I can try make my own model.

Update: 13

Pistol1_zpsf0a23750.png

Pistol3_zps5aa1b82d.png

Pistol2_zps552f2566.png

So, I lied. I tackled the M225 12.7×40mm bullet. And, yes, it is 12.7×40mm. I built it using the picture from halopedia. Though, I threw in the stamp and strike plate myself.

----------

is this going to be foldable pep, or sliced.
also, looking sweet.. mind if I borrow the pics you used, so I can try make my own model.
I am actually building this for 3D printing, and to sell once I get the printer. I'll be doing the same thing for all of the pistols from the Halo games, as well as the assault rifles. The tolerance is set to too fine a detail for pepping, unless you are an ultra expert. For instance, the edges on the grip are 1mm wide.

As I'm about to start my own Mk IV build I am so jelly over your Helm pep file ( even without the "clearance" add ons lol )

Def looking forward to seeing your progress. Nice work

you could do two versions. low poly 3mm for sliced. and your 1mm for print. still exited for this no matter how you make this.

Update: 14

Pistol3_zpse1c57fb3.png

Pistol1_zps0642111d.png

Pistol2_zpsac0e00f3.png

Well, it took some time, but I have them finally lined up for the magazine. I have decided on scrapping the sprint idea and will just print the "block of bullets" that you see here so the magazine can be snapped around it.

I'm going to center-set the top round when I get home from work and begin building the magazine. It will all be solid state, so there are no problems with bullets being lost.

----------

As I'm about to start my own Mk IV build I am so jelly over your Helm pep file ( even without the "clearance" add ons lol )

Def looking forward to seeing your progress. Nice work
Thank you. I'll be posting it once I get them. The changes are a couple of minor ones (the circles on the cheeks and the "air holes" on the cheeks, too.

----------

you could do two versions. low poly 3mm for sliced. and your 1mm for print. still exited for this no matter how you make this.
I might release the sliced file just for the pistol, but as I said, I do plan to sell these once I get them into production.

Like I said, there will be four levels. The first is a kit with all you need to build the pistol (without the slide move with trigger pull). The second is a built pistol where the slide moves with each trigger pull. The third level includes the sound and muzzle flash light. The fourth includes a carry case/display set.

Update: 15

Pistol1_zps4639bb56.png

Pistol2_zps485b529d.png

Pistol3_zps9262fddb.png

Pistol4_zpse3103029.png

Well, the Magazine is finished. I took some liberties with the feed, but it is enough to keep the pile of bullets in the mag. Also, as you can see from the rear, I spun the tower a little so they look like they were actually fed in.

Attachments

• Pistol1_zps4639bb56.png
    Pistol1_zps4639bb56.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 177
Update: 16

Pistol1_zpsde142608.png

Pistol2_zps01f9af04.png

Pistol3_zps243988a0.png

The guard is complete! Now, all I need to do is the trigger and I can get down to the smaller details and then separating it! Oh, and for size comparisons, the guard is 12×12 mm. The inset is 3mm at its deepest.

Just thought that you all might be interested in this.

83e28e07-273a-4fce-bd96-f796cecb802a_zps992a9611.jpg

That's right. This is the entire Halo Wars Mk IV armor set modelled by rundown. You may think that the formatting is a little odd. Well, I'm not using pep viewer to take the picture. I'm using my 3D program. Why? Well, because I am planning on modding it slightly (making it about 3mm thick) and printing it! That's right, 3D printed armor. ABS as the face material, backed with fiberglass in a 2-part casting epoxy resin (SmoothCast).

However, don't worry. In about three or so weeks, I plan to give all of the .pdo files for the armor to the 405th for inclusion in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back