Props Halo Weapon's Platoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azimuth

Hello folks, my unit is going to be making a UNSC Army Weapons Platoon. So the typical set up that you would see in a U.S Army or U.S.M.C. Weapons platoon, a Heavy Machinegun Company, a Mortar Company, and a AA/AT company. So far we have most of the files we need, but we still need a few more kind of obscure ones.
We are looking for the H3 Missile Pod and mount, the M247 with tripod, or the M247H with tripod, and finally either the spotting scope seen in Halo 2 during the outskirts cutscene, or maybe some other sort of spotting scope or binoculars, like what forge uses in Halo Wars.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I am going to point you to the armory. I know there's a missile launcher in there at least.

M257H almost done.....Need to seal it and paint.

IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG

I did actually consider that. Honestly just putting a foam covering on a camera tripod to make it LOOK like a weapon mount. It might be the easiest way to do it.

and I can't make it too heavy.....so foam around the legs......I can make that happen........

and I can't make it too heavy.....so foam around the legs......I can make that happen........
Honestly it looks like that ring just forward of the ammo box looks like where they would have mounted it on the tripod. If you put one of those screw in tripod mounts at the bottom of that, feasibly you could just pop it right onto a camera tripod and make it a fixed gun. Do you have the file for that MG? It is honestly exactly what we need!

Alright, so I have my MGs, and my "Mortars" I'll probably just fudge the tripods and stands. The next thing I need is some sort of binoculars or spotting scopes, but then again I can probably just get cheap real ones and make em look Halo. The last thing I realized I need is either the portable or backpack radios from Reach. Anyone got anything like that?

Just put in an order with Steven Lee from Stony Props for 10 Reach Marine helmets for the weapon’s Platoon! Pretty excited for this!

I'm going to be working on the Halo Reach shaped charge this week to further my CQB build specialization.

SPARTAN Door Kicker in progress, I'll upload patterns once everything is together and proven correct.

It's a start.
DSC_0585.JPG

I've got the holes drilled for LEDs and now I just need to add the Num Pad and indicator screen. Maybe a little bit of edge beveling and cleanup but the main body is mostly there and to a point where I'm happy. Not too bad for two hours fiddling around.

It's a start.
View attachment 267622

I've got the holes drilled for LEDs and now I just need to add the Num Pad and indicator screen. Maybe a little bit of edge beveling and cleanup but the main body is mostly there and to a point where I'm happy. Not too bad for two hours fiddling around.
Looking good! I found some files for trip mines, I may make a few of those to have laying around as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back