Halo101's Iron Man Helmet W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloplayer

Jr Member
So lately ive been pepping and preparing my pepped Iron Man helmet for resining the outside and then fiberglassing the inside. Right after finishing the Iron Man Helmet I'll go right back to the mark VI. If you like the Iron Man Helmet it might be up for sale. Here's a few progress pics. I know The helmet looks a little out of shape but once i start resining it I'll have special supports that will fix it.

[attachment=11051:photo 15.jpg]

[attachment=11052:photo 16.jpg]

Here is where the warpage is:

[attachment=11053:photo 16.jpg]

To tell the truth I dont really like Iron Man but I am still determined to finish the helmet. Tell me what you think. I'll except all opinions (positive and negative).

That looks like the sharkhead or the L3X unfold of sharkheads pep file. If it is, How did the ears go for you? Mine were a pain the butt. I still need to finish sticking on the right one (nearly done) and the bottom. Apart from that mine is not warped in the places you have pointed out. My ears are though :(.

Right. Have you stuck the bottom on? If not, it may help the warpage at the chin if you do. It should just pull it in a little.

The right eye looks a little bit smaller than the left, but that is nothing a bit of bondo can't fix later on.

As for the warpage at the top of the forehead area, bondo will fix that later.

Overall very good. Mine doesn't look warped/distorted from the front, but look from the bottom and sides and, well, I just won't go there. From what I can see, your's has turned out better than mine. Well done.

When did you attach the ears? Before or after putting most of it together? I have a feeling I should have done it before.

You don't like Ironman???

Ok guys I got good news and bad news. The good news are that the warpage on the bottom were fixed with hot glue gun and pre-cut popsicle sticks. The bad news are that I had everything prepared for resining untill at the last minute my brothers fell into a fight (twins verry hyper) and somebody fell onto the face portion of the helmet. This will take several days of fixing the warpage and folds and rips on the helmet.

Bummer. Any pics of the disaster?

Were you there when it happened? If not, I guess it was the "who done it?" routine. Followed with the answer "I don't know. Wasn't me".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back