Haloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viperfox

Hi, I'm 13 and I want to make a set of Mjolnir armor so I can be a Spartan for Halloween. I have a water gun (which doesn't work) that looks like a MA-5. I am making the armor out of cardboard. I found this guy who made this awesome set out of cardboard, and I sent him a message asking how it's done. He has yet to reply, but I am confident I can make the boots and leg armor without any major issues. The complicated parts are the helmet and torso armor. I need a good visor though. if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Viperfox

halloween has 2 l's

but anyway use alot of reference pics as you go along but i havent tried that yet

Viperfox said:
Hi, I'm 13 and I want to make a set of Mjolnir armor so I can be a Spartan for Halloween. I was thinking of spraypainting a dirt bike helmet, and I have a water gun (which doesn't work) that looks like a MA-5. So I need to know if I should find some cheap sports equipment like shoulder pads, leg guards, etc. and spraypaint it, or make the armor out of cardboard. I am a cardboard whiz. So hopefully someone can help. My dad and mom should be able to help me with the dirt bike helmet. I just need knowhow of the armor.

EDIT: I am about 5' 2''

Viperfox
You should just try making it out of Pepakura, it's accurate and looks great. Plus if you are a cardboard whiz, it shouldn't be much of an issue getting it all folded and put together.

Last edited by a moderator:
CanadianWarMoose said:
You should just try making it out of Pepakura, it's accurate and looks great. Plus if you are a cardboard whiz, it shouldn't be much of an issue getting it all folded and put together.

Well I'm good at using cardboard when it's flat just not using layers. And Pepakura is really complex. How does it hold up to the elements?

EDIT: Well whichever way I end up making it, I thought of a cool feature to add: A pack that has a flap you can open and put candy in

Viperfox

crackhead09 said:
halloween has 2 l's

But "Halo" only has one! ;)

If you are really strapped for cash, you could go half baseball helmet, half cardboard then paint the whole thing. As far as the body parts for the armor, you could probably get some reasonable facsimilies at a used sporting goods store that you could paint.

Well I found this guy last night who makes these INSANELY AWESOME sets of armor out of cardboard. But I might need advice on scaling once he tells me how to build it.

EDIT: My buddy Kent and I went up to the local food kitchen where I volunteer, (actually I'm going to be helping out tomorrow), and they let us take as many cardboard boxes as we wanted provided they were empty. I haven't gotten a reply from the guy who makes the really good ones out of cardboard, but I am being patient.

Viperfox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back