Hand Armor Sculpt - Rough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tac: this is not make with 'firing' water based clay. The sculpt was done with oil based or plasticine clay.

Adam: I've found that theres really only so much you can do to get smooth flat surfaces with clay... You just can't make clay that straight and perfect, it's not the nature of the material. To really get things straight you have to sand and file. In ceramics production they make their first cast in plaster in order to refine it, then make a second mold.

Take your fist casting from your initial mold and file and sand it smooth, then make a second mold of the refined part. Then every cast after will be perfect and won't require any additional work.

Adam: I've found that theres really only so much you can do to get smooth flat surfaces with clay... You just can't make clay that straight and perfect, it's not the nature of the material. To really get things straight you have to sand and file. In ceramics production they make their first cast in plaster in order to refine it, then make a second mold.

That's what I was planning anyways... :Steve:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back