Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
imo sheet styrene isn't as good as liquid urethane. Don't tell any of the other mods I said that though. :Steve:

If your going to make casting using liquid aluminum, are you going to do that wax mold casting technique?

Im interested in how your going to do it. I mean doing the pour casting would be one heck of alot easier than trying to hand form, cut out, and weld every inch of every detail!

If I offended, sorry about that, I thought you were referring to the MC costume, and going to make it out of sheet metal. Which is part of my trade.

Ive played around with casting along time ago. I made some skate board trucks it was alot of fun.

Im looking forward to seeing how this comes out!

wow shadowsniper sounds like a huge project but if i understand it u r planning on

-making a posotive model
-casting it
-melting and pouring aluminum into the mold

hah just trying to see if what i thought was right. sounds great though. as soon as you start i'd love to see it! personnally though ive noticed that 90% er well...70% percent of all the armor around here is vacume form (not that thhats bad :mrgreen: ) but i intend to do create mine out of plastic..not sure what type yet and pour into a 4 piece mold to then have a two piece (each about a half inch thick) prt. each piece that will clasp to the other will be held by magnets. ahh i know words woithout actions are so often heard but im goin to make it happen...come summer. :D

Adam said:
imo sheet styrene isn't as good as liquid urethane. Don't tell any of the other mods I said that though. :Steve:

yeah but i use styrene to make my prototypes

Last edited by a moderator:
No disrespect. But all of this talk about the "beating" metal armor could take... What exactly are you guys planning on doing with your armor? lol

hapakid88 said:
wow shadowsniper sounds like a huge project but if i understand it u r planning on

-making a posotive model
-casting it
-melting and pouring aluminum into the mold

That's pretty much the process I'm going to be using if I ever get this thing off the ground. And as far as the "beating" part, any armor I wear is going to be subject to the beatings of someone playing airsoft, the random accidents that happen, and possibly of younger siblings who aren't careful wearing it too. Huge project, indeed, but I've been known to tackle larger.

Oh, and you spelled "positive" wrong. :p

Frizzlefry said:
No disrespect. But all of this talk about the "beating" metal armor could take... What exactly are you guys planning on doing with your armor? lol
aye i second that
its just a costume in the end!
you dont need to be trying to take over the world o_O

"Well, it's got to stand a plasma rifle shot and deflect the blast of a rocket launcher because I haven't quite figured out how to get the shields working yet."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back