Has Anyone Ever Noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFare

Well i noticed with all of the games and short vids... That odsts are always being edited.

Halo 2- thay had chest packs

halo 3-that weird 2 piece shoulder

halo 3 odst-totally different shoulders

Weta-different armor

we are odst-once again different armor

Why dont they just stick to 1 defined set?

Uh...DUH!

Of course we all noticed why do you think we have some many different pices of armor to pep.

Did you really find that out just now?

Bungie doesn't stick to a set becuase they don;t want to. They want to continue making things fresh and exciting, not boring and old.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Uh...DUH!

Of course we all noticed why do you think we have some many different pices of armor to pep.

Did you really find that out just now?

Bungie doesn't stick to a set becuase they don;t want to. They want to continue making things fresh and exciting, not boring and old.

-Pony

:( well i, yes i did notice, i know of the many files, i just wondered. . . are odsts like spartans? as in like different perms and stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea remeber bungie isnt like valve and reuse every bit of game content in almost every game they make. bungie makes new and exiteing things razeing the bar each game.. as for my sorry friends at valve... sure their games are great but nothing new is ever really created other than the story...

so i encourage the many different things and not the same boreing things.. hence why every game bunjgie has released they have updated the hog, textures and much much more each game.. some things small some things huge... this is what keeps players comming back... valve just rely's on story more than design and textures.

they dont use one defined set because they keep coming up with new ways to make the ODST's look more badass.

CommanderFluffy said:
yea remeber bungie isnt like valve and reuse every bit of game content in almost every game they make. bungie makes new and exiteing things razeing the bar each game.. as for my sorry friends at valve... sure their games are great but nothing new is ever really created other than the story...

so i encourage the many different things and not the same boreing things.. hence why every game bunjgie has released they have updated the hog, textures and much much more each game.. some things small some things huge... this is what keeps players comming back... valve just rely's on story more than design and textures.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Combine and their ilk from Half-Life 2 completely original? Sure Valve reused headcrabs and headcrab zombies. But they expanded on them quite extensively in HL2, plus they edited the size, shape, and threat of the HCs.

IroniumCostuming - Look at today's military deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq. The gear that the soldiers wear is constantly changing with many variations unit to unit. It makes sense that not every ODST Unit would be equipped identically, especially with the Covenant glassing human controlled worlds, some of which may be places that the UNSC's equipment is manufactured. And look at the Spartans! MJIORNAR (or however you spell it) was changed at least 3 times since the first contact with the Covenant. And with the Reach trailer apparently they don't have a standard suit either.

When at war, wear what works :cool

The Kennanator said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Combine and their ilk from Half-Life 2 completely original? Sure Valve reused headcrabs and headcrab zombies. But they expanded on them quite extensively in HL2, plus they edited the size, shape, and threat of the HCs.

@IroniumCostuming - Look at today's military deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq. The gear that the soldiers wear is constantly changing with many variations unit to unit. It makes sense that not every ODST Unit would be equipped identically, especially with the Covenant glassing human controlled worlds, some of which may be places that the UNSC's equipment is manufactured. And look at the Spartans! MJIORNAR (or however you spell it) was changed at least 3 times since the first contact with the Covenant. And with the Reach trailer apparently they don't have a standard suit either.

When at war, wear what works :cool

True, i never took these factors of reality and how bungie reflects it on its games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back