Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

I'm new to all this pepakura stuff. Got some friends which are building a mark V so I decided: yeah i want something like that too.

But I don't really like Mark V/VI so much as the ODST suit. So I searched for some pepakura modells and found the H3:ODST rookie helmet by Rundown Ral Partha. It's just perfect but now I've got a Question...

How do I get it to fit for my Head? I don't really would like to build it just to find out that it doesn't fit...

So: Can anybody pls tell me how to get it right scaled? :)

Would be really really great.

ok then i am making a h3 sr and the maen gun is 31 and 1/9th inches how long shod the barol be

plez help

plez no yelling a bout selling or grammer

To answer your question Brogan... In order to scale it, you first must find the original scale of the helmet. Without that you will not be able to properly model it to fit your head. Say the size of the helmet is 23 cm and you need it to fit your head (let's say it is 27cm). This means you will need to increase the size approx 20%. This would put the size at approx 27.6 cm. That means the inside of the helmet would be just enough to fit around you head with no insulation... now you will have to figure out how much padding you want after about the 1cm of bondo and resin. Also, look into the insertion point of the helmet, because that is the biggest limiting factor of how it will fit on your head.

My question is: will 125 lb test cardstock paper take resin without falling in on itself?

Hey, just joined the forums a few days ago, and I've been on different sites, of communities like drawing and painting and such, and there are always the people who post their questions in a whole new thread, usually in the wrong section, so I see why this post is necessary. Thanks for your work, In the long run I'll be appreciating it more :)

-Kung Foo Oyster

Edit:

I also have a question.

I'm making A. Carmine's armor from Gears of War, and I am not sure how to scale it. I read through the threads but all I seemed to have found was Marcus Fenix's armor, and wasn't sure if the scaling is different. If anyone knows how tall carmine is supposed to be in the first place, that would be helpful, even better if you know all I need to scale my armor, thanks a bunch

-KFO

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, and if so, if someone could kindly redirect me :)

For some reason every time I try to access the Classifieds section it gives me this error:

[#10333] We could not find the forum you were attempting to view

Can someone tell me why this is? And I have gotten links to the Classifieds from many sources so I am sure this is the right place.

I am a complete n00b but I have 2 questions:

1) How do I get to the classifieds section?

2) What Program do I use to open the .pdo files?

I hope this gets answered...

I would like to someday make a suit of CQB or ODST CQB armor. But i dont want to make it out of cardstock, i want to makeit out of somesort of sheet composite, kydex would be a bit ridiculous, but its the only thing i can think of that might be able to stand up to the challenge.......

Is there any other composite material that i could use in replacment of paper?

Is there anybody on these forums that actually makes armor for others? Maybe casting the parts from plastics or metals?

Are there any plans for the ODST CQB armor? Ive only heard of it on one of halo's wiki pages.

Last Q. Where are the best places to get the plans for CQB, and ODST CQB armor? Thanks.

For those of you asking about the classified section, you will have to achieve veteran status on the forum through good conduct and activity before you can access the classifieds section.

@XxK1LLR0YxX

.pdo files are opened with Pepakura Viewer and Pepakura Designer, there are several links to these programs here on the forums, Have a Look At This Sticky.

@REVEREND MONGOOSE

The idea with paper armor is that it is then strengthened with resin, fiberglass, and body filler until it is very solid and durable, and is hand-detailed to be generally very awesome. Many members then make molds and cast parts in various plastics, or vacuum form plastics into parts. Still others use formed sheet plastic to assemble pieces from scratch. Have a look around the forum to see what other people have cooked up.

As for a CQB ODST, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. To find pep files, head on over to The Pep Wiki. For building out of other things than pepakura, it generally relies on your own ingenuity and planning. That is to say, there aren't a whole lot of guides available.

Hope that helps. Did I miss anyone?

I have had some experience building costumes though not as advanced as this stuff. I want to go for the cost-efficient route, but not if it's going to cost me it's appearance. Pepakura with fiberglass is the best approach, correct?

@Flyerfye

@REVEREND MONGOOSE

The idea with paper armor is that it is then strengthened with resin, fiberglass, and body filler until it is very solid and durable, and is hand-detailed to be generally very awesome. Many members then make molds and cast parts in various plastics, or vacuum form plastics into parts. Still others use formed sheet plastic to assemble pieces from scratch. Have a look around the forum to see what other people have cooked up.

As for a CQB ODST, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. To find pep files, head on over to The Pep Wiki. For building out of other things than pepakura, it generally relies on your own ingenuity and planning. That is to say, there aren't a whole lot of guides available.

Hope that helps. Did I miss anyone?

So, what should i punch in the search engine when looking for people who did plasic casting? Thanks!

About 15 minutes ago I bought a balaclava, top and bottom thermals, and free gloves. That should about cover it for an undersuit and I'm going to want to start assembling all the pepakura pieces right? I think what I'll do for a vest is take the backpack I'm using for school this year and gut it to be a makeshift vest/backpack.

Finally decided to try my hand at 3D modeling and now I want to see if it works well in pepakura.

Does anyone know how to convert from .skp(sketchup) to .obj files?

Hi guys ^^

I have a little problem with my pepped Recon helmet.

31.5 cm

34.8 cm

27.6 cm

Im 183 cm. My head enter in the hole perfectly, but the helmet seems very big to me T-T.

Im an idiot and is ok? Sry for the stupid question but im confused...

Thanks

Marco

Spriggan said:
Hi guys ^^

I have a little problem with my pepped Recon helmet.

31.5 cm

34.8 cm

27.6 cm

Im 183 cm. My head enter in the hole perfectly, but the helmet seems very big to me T-T.

Im an idiot and is ok? Sry for the stupid question but im confused...

Thanks

Marco

The extra room will give you space for padding and some type of ventilation.

It'll also even out a bit with the rest of the armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know where I can get "Chicago Screws"? They're basically threaded rivets. Thanks :)

Dan W. said:
Does anyone know where I can get "Chicago Screws"? They're basically threaded rivets. Thanks :)

Aside from the basic hardware store searching, try a place that makes leather items.

I've seen the screws used a lot for belts and such so it may be worth a try.

If they don't have any for sale, they may at least point you in the right direction.

Wtfmfkr said:
Aside from the basic hardware store searching, try a place that makes leather items.

I've seen the screws used a lot for belts and such so it may be worth a try.

If they don't have any for sale, they may at least point you in the right direction.

Oh great idea! I didn't even think of that, and I do a ton of leather work :pThanks man!

Another question, when cutting cardboard what is the best tool to use? I've been using a case cutter and I'm getting angled edges, tearing the cardboard, and ruining the template.

Also, are there any pep files of the automag?

Hey I got my paper and downloaded and printed the MC helmet stuff but i dont have one of them cutting things does anyone know if i can just use a knife? or will that rip it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back