Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooop da whooop said:
Hey I got my paper and downloaded and printed the MC helmet stuff but i dont have one of them cutting things does anyone know if i can just use a knife? or will that rip it?

Using a knife will probably rip it. I reccomend using a pair of scissors until you can get hold of an X-acto knife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I need some help :) I tried to resize a pepakura file from A4 to letter (cuz i couldn't find it in letter) and when i converted it to letter, the shapes didnt fit correctly. but i knew this would happen. so i rotated and placed the shapes as needed. . my printer can't take cardstock, but the printers at my school can. so, i was planning on printing at school. now, my problem. When i rearranged the pieces i tried to save the file, but it said i needed a password in order to save it. i tried to do save as and same thing. if it helps, the file is 1 man battalions ODST torso unsmoothed. any help would be great :) and for those who might ask "why not rearange the pieces at school?" i don't have the time, my break isnt long enough and the library (thats where the printers are) isn't opened at lunch.

Hey everyone. Ive been looking this site up and down to try and find an armor progress signature for the iron man costume i am working on. All i end up with is the master chief sig but no iron man anywhere in sight. can someone help please?

tomb-stone said:
Hey guys. I need some help :) I tried to resize a pepakura file from A4 to letter (cuz i couldn't find it in letter) and when i converted it to letter, the shapes didnt fit correctly. but i knew this would happen. so i rotated and placed the shapes as needed. . my printer can't take cardstock, but the printers at my school can. so, i was planning on printing at school. now, my problem. When i rearranged the pieces i tried to save the file, but it said i needed a password in order to save it. i tried to do save as and same thing. if it helps, the file is 1 man battalions ODST torso unsmoothed. any help would be great :) and for those who might ask "why not rearange the pieces at school?" i don't have the time, my break isnt long enough and the library (thats where the printers are) isn't opened at lunch.

hi,

the problem is, you can´t save files on pepakura unless you have registerd it (pay for it).

for me there are only 3 differnt options.

1 buy pepakra (don´t know how much it costs, but i quess under 10 $)

2 make yourself some extra time in the libary (maybe stay after school [if it´s possilble] or if you have a free period (if you have something like that)

3 you try it with normal paper with your home printer or a friends one

hope i could help you

Helghast4life said:
I am having trouble reading the .rar files using Pepakura ver. 3.0. Can someone help?

You need to extract the RAR using JZip or WinRAR before you can use the pep file inside the rar folder

Okay I have a question. Just to get it right. I first. Pep helmet up. I get Bondo Resin and brush it in sections and preferably 2-3 layers of it on the outside. Then I add 1-2 layers of FiberGlass on the (INSIDE!!) in little square strips by adding a dab of the Bondo resin to help it stick or what I hear melts the sheets. Then you have resin and glassed your helmet. Get Bondo Body filler (A pink color putty thingy) and get some sorta spatula and scrap some of it onto the helmet and inside is optional. Then I carve some details (If I did not have a dremel tool for those details that were not on the pep then I should do the detailing during the pep by cutting out holes or vents before I resin and Fiberglass but for the detail lines I should just carve with X-acto knife while the Bondo filler I added was still in its soft condition.) Then I sand from rough grit to smoother grit to wet sanding until smooth and I get the accurate shape I was looking for. LAst but not least paint it and up to me to buy some Smooth-on Mold-Max 30 and make a mold and then I have to get either plaster or heavy coats of resin on the outside of the mold and maybe cast it with some Urethane Plastic. Okay so is that all correct? Or is there something missing? Please tell me. Thanks!

My wife wants me to make armor for Halloween, and I’ve never done this before.

I’ve already looked over the noob places here on the site and I think that cutting the parts out of polystyrene and then coating them in Easyflo 120 will be the quick solution to a quick/cheap costume and then later I can start making her a decent one with casting.

I’ve already started sketching out the parts.

gallery_1_63_23467.jpg

And I’m cutting out to size panels in… well, folders

gallery_1_63_60175.jpg

Time is short, money is tight, fun to be had.

So my main question(s) besides everything…

Anyone know where a good place is to get cheap polystyrene boards in St. Paul MN?

Anyone know how to make a homemade hot cutting knife for said boards (I’m pretty sure I can whip one up if not)

Anyone know where I can buy Easyflo 120 in the St. Paul area?

Thanks

Right now i am currently working on an ODST Armor project and i've printed out the Pepakura for thi file:

It is the Rookie Helmet

but after i started making the helm, I was playing ODST with a friend and we noticed that I might have printed the pattern too small on to the Cardstock, from what i could gather from the size of what i had already done gluing together.

I printed it out onto 8.5X11 sized cardstock, is there a specific size paper i should use or is the pattern that i'm using too small?

@ wardude. it might be kinda small and that happened to me. my friend made a point to me though, just finish making it so you have some practice and then reprint it larger (after doing some resizing. if you don't know how to do that there are several tuts in the forums)

i have a quik question i just did an extra coat of resin on top of my old one and it dried in like 5 mins and not its like it put a film on it its like perfectly smooth and got a glossy finish does this matter should i jsut d another coat over top or shouldi sand down a bit and then add the last coat?

xXSTICKXx said:
i have a quik question i just did an extra coat of resin on top of my old one and it dried in like 5 mins and not its like it put a film on it its like perfectly smooth and got a glossy finish does this matter should i jsut d another coat over top or shouldi sand down a bit and then add the last coat?

First things first. What are you thinking??!?! 2 coats of resin is enough. Just make sure you fiberglassed. And as for the sanding part you are not supposed to sand the resin down. You are supposed to get bondo which is like putty thing that dries into hard plastic and you sand with that.

J-Kling said:
I can vouche for Blacrose lol she has helped me out on my projects!!!!!!!

yeah thanks. I spent all day answering these questions that are answered in the stickys. like how to load your printer with paper. XD

Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but does anyone make their armour out of just fibreglass? As in, making a plug out of something like wood, moulding it out of fibreglass and then glassing it again to get an exact copy of the original. This is what I'm doing for my suit, so if anybody could direct me to a thread where someone's doing this, that would be great.

DeathOfBlades said:
First things first. What are you thinking??!?! 2 coats of resin is enough. Just make sure you fiberglassed. And as for the sanding part you are not supposed to sand the resin down. You are supposed to get bondo which is like putty thing that dries into hard plastic and you sand with that.

eiight thanx i just finished up tue 2nd oayer i did it on a section and im not gunna do a 3rd lyer im fivrrglasssing tomarrow

but do i jqve to bondo overtop or can i iust pain over resin and this last half ia uring fine why did my first seftion end up drieng and curing in 5mins and being smooth and glossy not rough?

HOW can i make an easy ODST helmet im just 13 and i can't fiberglass and peparuka doesn't work on mac (im in dam $#!T)

PLZ help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back