have a slight idea what i'm doing but still not much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0wb0n3z

so, i got some basic equipment and i'm trying to print out blueprints, but i've run into two new issues- one, i don't have pepakura. are there any alternatives? two, how do i scale the armour to be my size?
edit: looking into pepakura viewer
edit 2: looks like it's not free/doesn't exist anymore, and i wouldn't be able to scale with just the viewer anyway, so alternatives that can load the pdo files would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Hi cr0wb0n3z

Pepakura Designer is free to download and use all of its features except for one.... saving a file. When I made my armor I'd mess around with the scaling until I found what I liked then I renamed the file by adding the millimeter measurememt to the name, like H305 for Height 305mm.

Then when you're ready to print, scale it to that number and start organizing the pieces on the page. No purchase necessary.

If you're okay with spending money then Armorsmith is a great program for custumes. It allows you to scale multiple PDO files in proportion to each other on a digital mannequin of you.

Hi cr0wb0n3z

Pepakura Designer is free to download and use all of its features except for one.... saving a file. When I made my armor I'd mess around with the scaling until I found what I liked then I renamed the file by adding the millimeter measurememt to the name, like H305 for Height 305mm.

Then when you're ready to print, scale it to that number and start organizing the pieces on the page. No purchase necessary.

If you're okay with spending money then Armorsmith is a great program for custumes. It allows you to scale multiple PDO files in proportion to each other on a digital mannequin of you.

i'm a little confused- i've gotten to this point, what now? is the fact that i'm going to a store to print it rather than printing it at home going to interfere?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    181.5 KB · Views: 106
Yes, unfortunately you would need to buy Pepakura Designer in order to save the file if you plan to print it on another computer.

Do you have a friend with a PC and a Printer that might let you work on it with their computer?

See what you can do and if you are still having trouble then mention me here using @ and then my name, no spaces.

I may be able to help find another solution for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back