Have you guys seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it a lot, I found a lot of the "this is not made by blah blah blah" pretty insulting to a lot of decent people though.. But the gun is very nice looking.. Yeah the green isnt right.. But there's no reason why someone in the halo universe wouldn't customize their own rifle in such a way.. Very neat.. seller comes across as a tool though

bleh I havn't seen it.. Looking at it more tho.. It looks more like a walmart 30$ toy then something that link or one of the others around here would make... I couldn't tell ya why, but I just get that feeling.. The price seems a bit hefty as well given what I think about it..

ya I've been following this seller for a few weeks it was cheaper then now before like 100 originally. I haven't seen it posted either been searching the forums before I posted this.

I can't shake the feeling looking at it that its not mass manufactured.. possible early release of a toyline?

I don't really like it. It's colored wrong, its shaped wrong, and I don't like how the seller advertises it.

MirrageFX Ebay seller guy said:
We are not some guy whipping up a piece of junk in his garage.
He said what we make is crap. :mad:
And for $250. It looks like here bought a toy gun at walmart and added some parts. I might buy it if it were $20 at walmart (looks like it should be).
Oh well, from the looks of it, he won't be getting any money.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Robogenisis said:
I don't really like it. It's colored wrong, its shaped wrong, and I don't like how the seller advertises it.

And for $250. It looks like here bought a toy gun at walmart and added some parts. I might buy it if it were $20 at walmart (looks like it should be).

just what I'm thinking... he outa be saying "not hand made in a garage, mass made in a factory with minimal effort! coming to a walmart near you in two months!"

WOW, I'm like, SO gonna buy it :whistle: LOL, maybe some other time, I'm probably gonna get a couple thousand dollars soon 2. So I'll like buy it with that! lolz

Robogenisis said:

I think everyone hear makes amazing armor and weapons. Ya I know 250 is way too much for something like that looks like a mod bb gun :whistle:

"This is an auction for a cast, solid, plastic, resin prop.
This is a plastic toy. That is all it is. It is a pretend SCI FI prop.
It does not fire any projectiles, and cannot be made to fire a projectile of any kind.
It IS NOT a gun or weapon, and It has NO actual gun parts. It DOES NOT accept real ammunition,
and will not accept any real guns parts or accessories. This is a plastic toy.
This Item is shipped with a Blaze Orange Tip for your safety, and the safety of those around you."

sounds like every other plastic toy ever... only with a bigger pricetag.. the only interesting thing about it is this mirage technologies they mention... found at
http://www.thevidpros.com/ looks like a legitamate prop company and not a toy plant.. strange.. at any rate I asked a question or two about why they made it/why they selling it, kind of hoping to figure this all out.. maybe its handmade and all, it just doesn't come across that way

volkov said:
"This is an auction for a cast, solid, plastic, resin prop.
This is a plastic toy. That is all it is. It is a pretend SCI FI prop.
It does not fire any projectiles, and cannot be made to fire a projectile of any kind.
It IS NOT a gun or weapon, and It has NO actual gun parts. It DOES NOT accept real ammunition,
and will not accept any real guns parts or accessories. This is a plastic toy.
This Item is shipped with a Blaze Orange Tip for your safety, and the safety of those around you."

sounds like every other plastic toy ever... only with a bigger pricetag.. the only interesting thing about it is this mirage technologies they mention... found at
http://www.thevidpros.com/ looks like a legitamate prop company and not a toy plant.. strange.. at any rate I asked a question or two about why they made it/why they selling it, kind of hoping to figure this all out.. maybe its handmade and all, it just doesn't come across that way

I'm checking out the site looks really fake lol. There no icons to click but the info button which is just a e-mail address. But ya Plastic prop toy probably like the plasma rifle laser tag thing :mad: But still that site kinda fake to me I don't know that's how I feel now lol

mm I hadn't tried clicking it, but you have a good point.. its not very functional, however they are listed in the IMDB at http://www.imdb.com/company/co0109637/

I'm OCD enough to get to the bottom of this, but I can't find any toyline leaks or anything to indicate that lifesize replicas of the AR are even being made.... But it really looks so much more like a walmart toy then a prop..... I still think it'd be cool for like 30 bucks or w/e but no substitute for a quality prop....

Theres a part where kinda gives it away it says

"Please be aware, that these units are one-of-a-kinds, with no two exactly the same. "

also says

"Hand Painted Detail."
I don't think it's a toy line at all

I guess thier color schemes are just wierd.. it was the orange tip that had me wondering, if they are a legitimate prop company I wondered why they had that.. probably legal issues with selling it... I was also wondering a bit on his auction when he lists two for sale, but only has the picture of the one from the auction you mentioned.. If they're hand made and painted, I normaly like to see a picture of the actual item, instead of a default one... But your probably right, in which case with a bit of pain it could be a decent prop.. still too expensive tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back