Have you seen the new Nerf stampede gun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua Solace

Jr Member
Have you seen this new gun by Nerf? What's your opinion on it? Personally I think Nerf is going in the right direction with their n-strike line.
I mean, an awesome automatic nerf rifle. It looks like a step up from the vulcan electronics.

Wow! That thing looks pretty cool. I like that they put a shield on it. Do you think it could be modded into a Halo:Reach AR..and actually look like an AR?

yea i think its awesome, basically a slimmed down vulcan using the clip system :D that means you can attach drum mags!!! cant wait to get my hands on one :D

Indeed, I also like the fact that the offer an extended magazine. I think this new product from Nerf will make a fine Halo replica with few modifications to be made. I'm still thrilled about the full auto feature. :D

I'm not so thrilled. See, I've been into Nerf since before they nerfed it. And, lately, they've traded really fun, simple blasters for overly-complex ones that break and get 3 feet of range, anyway. The Stampede is loud, somewhat heavy, tends to jam, and shoots wimpily. (Just like its predecessor, the Vulcan)

The last truly good Nerf blaster was the Longshot. (The first iteration, at that. After the first year of production, it was weakened to nothingness)

And, in any case, it doesn't resemble any Halo gun, and the amount of aesthetic modification necessary to make it so ruin the blaster. (Especially since it can't fire and look like an MA-5 at the same time)

I guess you're correct in terms of making it look like a Halo rifle, but I was just going to pep the necessary pieces and attach it, and maybe sawing off some pieces if necessary.
Also, I used to have a longshot and thought it was pretty nifty. I removed the air restructure and it shot pretty well, but I didn't do any heavy modifications.
I was hopeing the stampede would shoot well, bit I guess I can rule that out. I do indeed plan on making a few modifications though. A for it being load, I'll grow to like that. It makes things a little more serious.
I'll also be putting needles on the tip of the darts.

Looks nice, but SchizophrenicMC is right, Nerfs have been on the decline for the past few years. The longshot was the last decent nerf gun, and best of all, it was easy to tweak. Put in a stretched ACE hardware spring, thicker o-ring, 500mm copper barrel, and a can of black spraypaint, and you have an awesome looking NERF gun that can cause MAJOR damage!

Looks nice, but SchizophrenicMC is right, Nerfs have been on the decline for the past few years. The longshot was the last decent nerf gun, and best of all, it was easy to tweak. Put in a stretched ACE hardware spring, thicker o-ring, 500mm copper barrel, and a can of black spraypaint, and you have an awesome looking NERF gun that can cause MAJOR damage!
Er, NO black paint. Do NOT do that, or you will likely be arrested. Leave it the funny blue and yellow. Then you'll never get in trouble.

And, brass makes the best barrels. Ask Angel :p (Also, do it in .5in. 500mm is not the right size)

Anyway, if all you wanna do is slap pieces on, you may as well grab a Recon and do that. It's $20. The Stampede is $50. Use the latter for indoor Nerf wars, as at close range, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Oh, and, never expect a Nerf blaster that operates on springs, now, to work well. They're all using reverse-plungers, which have no range, inherently.

Er, NO black paint. Do NOT do that, or you will likely be arrested. Leave it the funny blue and yellow. Then you'll never get in trouble.

And, brass makes the best barrels. Ask Angel :p (Also, do it in .5in. 500mm is not the right size)

Anyway, if all you wanna do is slap pieces on, you may as well grab a Recon and do that. It's $20. The Stampede is $50. Use the latter for indoor Nerf wars, as at close range, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Oh, and, never expect a Nerf blaster that operates on springs, now, to work well. They're all using reverse-plungers, which have no range, inherently.

I wasn't talking about modifying the Stampede, I was referring to the Longshot.

Also, You are correct about brass barrels being better, I was just stating what I used in my own Longshot mod. Range is not problem, replacing the O-rings and hollowing out the air passages allowed the spring to push much more air through, therefore increasing the range almost ten-fold.

Spring operated Nerf blasters can have range, just not with stock parts.

And BTW, I've never had problems with my black painted Nerf Gun, I treat it like an airsoft gun, so I never take it out to public places. (in addition to the barrel extension still being orange).

I wasn't talking about modifying the Stampede, I was referring to the Longshot.

Well, the Longshot's more expensive, and rarer at this point, than the Recon, anyway. And it doesn't seem to do as well in aesthetic modification. (Not since Angel's Lancer, anyway) Also, for Halo's tendency towards bullpup, the Recon's stock allows enough room to add stuff to make it look like an AR/BR mag receiver.

Also, You are correct about brass barrels being better, I was just stating what I used in my own Longshot mod. Range is not problem, replacing the O-rings and hollowing out the air passages allowed the spring to push much more air through, therefore increasing the range almost ten-fold.

That's not the result I got. I'm pullin' 70 at best with just a new spring and O-rings. Given, I'm using the original breech and barrel setup, but even still, replacing the barrel with a brass barrel would bring it up to 150 at most. That' s nowhere near 200 feet, tenfold of the 20 I got, stock.

Spring operated Nerf blasters can have range, just not with stock parts.

These springers use reverse-plungers, now. Instead of using a spring to push a plunger through an air-filled tube, propelling the dart, they move the whole plunger tube around the barrel, with an o-ring inside. Slows motion, and the tube is far smaller. I don't think 50 feet has ever been crested with a Recon.

And BTW, I've never had problems with my black painted Nerf Gun, I treat it like an airsoft gun, so I never take it out to public places. (in addition to the barrel extension still being orange).
But the most fun Nerf Wars are in public places :p (Plus, the best paintjobs I've seen on the Longshot had no black, whatsoever. You'd be surprised at what grey and green can do for a blaster)

Well, I purchased the stampede today and I must say that it's a phenomenal Nerf blaster. The distance is surprisingly well, getting about 30 feet of distance on average. It's a little loud, but nothing too drastic. The overall design is great and feels pretty good, although it's heavy in the back due to the batteriesand its difficult looking through the iron sight. Overall, it's a great blaster by Nerf and I would highly recommend it.

I'm not so thrilled. See, I've been into Nerf since before they nerfed it. And, lately, they've traded really fun, simple blasters for overly-complex ones that break and get 3 feet of range, anyway. The Stampede is loud, somewhat heavy, tends to jam, and shoots wimpily. (Just like its predecessor, the Vulcan)

The last truly good Nerf blaster was the Longshot. (The first iteration, at that. After the first year of production, it was weakened to nothingness)

And, in any case, it doesn't resemble any Halo gun, and the amount of aesthetic modification necessary to make it so ruin the blaster. (Especially since it can't fire and look like an MA-5 at the same time)

that is why real men mod nerf guns if they buy one, i'd get an airsoft but im in australia and they're illegal here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back