Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFare

are there any other 405th members on maui! im so lonely and no-one else i know likes costuming and stuff! if your here gimme a shout!

IroniumCostuming said:
are there any other 405th members on maui! im so lonely and no-one else i know likes costuming and stuff! if your here gimme a shout!

I spent my honeymoon on Molokai... but that really doesn't help you.

Beautiful place, though! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
have you volcano proofed your armor yet? well iron it doesnt look like their is many people out your way eh?

I can only think of one other 405th-er who's from around there. Can't remember his name, though. If I recall correctly, he was the one who did up one helluva suit of red Mk VI CQB armour (I think he finished it), and in some pics wore a pretty kewl "Hawaiian Legends" shirt with "Got Armor?" on the back. Classic, lol.

Maybe that'll be enough for someone else to know who I'm referring to? Because, for the life of me, I just can't seem to remember his name :rolleyes

CommanderFluffy said:
have you volcano proofed your armor yet? well iron it doesnt look like their is many people out your way eh?

lol ill make sure to volcanize meh armor

SPARTAN II said:
I can only think of one other 405th-er who's from around there. Can't remember his name, though.

Wetokole. But he's a long time off line for now.

working on one at the moment of a ironman but never made a suit before anyone from oahu make a full suit and have pics? also if ur willing to help me out with some steps in person? let me know thanks

im trying to get a iron man suit done before halloween to haha having a hard time making the pieces hard i guess when i use the resign or fiberglass just seems soft idk why i remade the helm with the cardboard index card material its harder but gonna fiber glass it prob tomw night when i get off work :pbut is there another material thats easier to use and its not crazy expensive?

im trying to get a iron man suit done before halloween to haha having a hard time making the pieces hard i guess when i use the resign or fiberglass just seems soft idk why i remade the helm with the cardboard index card material its harder but gonna fiber glass it prob tomw night when i get off work :pbut is there another material thats easier to use and its not crazy expensive?

What seems soft? The cardstock after you glass? Or do you mean the resin and glass feel soft after it cures? Because depending on what kind of resin you use and how much catalyst you put makes a difference. You using fiberglass hawaii resin? That's what I'm using, and generally I put a minimum of 8 drops per oz. Seems like it takes at least 6 hours before it fully cures. Also what oz. fiberglass mat are you using? I found that 4 oz. and lower feels too weak. I been using 7.5 oz. I know what you mean about the cost, I spent over $100 on just resin. You could try the hot glue method, or cut the resin with bondo, at $20 a gal. it's way more reasonable.

BTW I see you know Reagen, I went school with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back