Hayabusa Help, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colossus

Well I thought I read enough and was prepared, but I guess I was not. After about five days of work I completed my 1st helmet. I guess it was a bad idea to start with something as complex as the hayabusa helmet, but it really the only one I want. Anyways, it turned out like crap, all uneven, not very rounded, and some parts don't even reach the opposing side. I thought I could salvage it, but it doesn't look like it. I tried to be as precise as possible, but I guess all the imperfections add up. I'm kinda fed up and wish I could just buy this off someone. Any advise if I try again? Thank you for your support.

Welcome to the 405th, I'm sorry to hear about the helmet, If you try it again, I would suggest taking your time. Do it bit by bit. My first hayabusa, I finished in 8 hours, but like you described, ended up looking like garbage. The next one I did piece by piece, over a week, and was surprised by the results.

test fit your parts several times to figure out exactly how they are going to go together before you glue. i started out glue and stick and hope for the best and my first piece (chest) was so messed up i had to start over half way through. keep with it. this is like anything else the more you do the better at it you will get.

yea, I think test fitting would have been good now that I have tried once, it was kinda awkward to glue half of something, then figure out how it was gonna twist to meet the other side. I just thought at the end I was gonna press it out into the shape if it was a little off. I didn't realize this ends up being pretty sturdy.

i always start with the big pieces. then work your way down to the smaller pieces. or vice versa.

just get a system going and you can keep going for days, trust me. i started my ODST armor again yesterday and i already have the belt plate and right knee bondoed, hardened, and painted as well as weathered. just gotta get in a groove and stick with it. you will get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back