Props "haze" Diplomat 6 Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycurve

Jr Member
Hey Guys,

haze-20071010034439948.jpg

i am very interrested in making me a Haze Diplomat Pistol.

Searched the net, but find nothing helpful, maybe one have any blueprints, or better pics with different angles.

Any ideas or help would be very cool.

Thanks

Kindest regards

Psy

Though I'm not familiar with the game "Haze", that's a pretty kewl-looking sidearm, dude.

I know you said you weren't able to find any decent reference pics or anything online, but would you have an idea as to what the dimensions are? Is it the same size as a modern-day pistol, such as the Sig Sauer Polizei P228? Or, is it larger?

If it's about the same size as the P228, then I could use that (I have the Tokyo Marui airsoft version) as a size reference for the schematics.

At the moment I'm in the middle of completing a set of SPARTAN Laser schematics for another member here, but I'd be interested in taking a stab at this afterward.

EDIT: Regarding the measurements of the pistol, based on this one pic I was able to find online --> HAZE D6 "Diplomat" Pistol it would appear that it's more comparable in size to the HALO: ODST M6S Pistol. I could use the one I got from LeeKegan as a size reference, then rearrange the details and proportions as necessary.

SPARTAN II said:
EDIT: Regarding the measurements of the pistol, based on this one pic I was able to find online --> HAZE D6 "Diplomat" Pistol it would appear that it's more comparable in size to the HALO: ODST M6S Pistol. I could use the one I got from LeeKegan as a size reference, then rearrange the details and proportions as necessary.

Sounds Fantastic for me :)

I `ve seen the Vid from LeeKegan, this is quite a big Pistol,but i am totally trust in ur skills in that, because i have no plan how to do schematics.

here is anothe Pics for reference:

MTL_WD6.jpg

Hope that helps

Kindest Regards

Psycurve

Last edited by a moderator:
Psycurve said:
Sounds Fantastic for me :)

I `ve seen the Vid from LeeKegan, this is quite a big Pistol,but i am totally trust in ur skills in that, because i have no plan how to do schematics.

here is anothe Pics for reference:

Hope that helps

[...]

[/quote]

Well, ask anyone and you'll find I've become rather well-known for my hand-drawn prop schematics, so that's sorta become my "thing" around here :D lol

Yeah, his M6S [i]is[/i] quite a large pistol, but I think it's more comparable in size to how big the D6 should be. I don't know if it's as big as the M6S, but it's definately closer in size to that than my Sig Sauer P228 airsoft pistol.

If you could maybe find a pic that better shows the details on top of the D6, as well as the details on the front of the barrel, that would be very helpful.

Once I'm done with those SPARTAN Laser schematics, I'll get to work on this :cool

[b]P.S., That additional reference pic you found/posted will prove very useful, dude.[/b]

shell bullet 5 said:
Wow, that is gunna look awesome when it's finished. Can't wait to see the finished product!

I'm sure it will. As I'm almost done with the SPARTAN Laser schematics now, I should be able to get to work on drafting a set for this soon.

SPARTAN II said:
I'm sure it will. As I'm almost done with the SPARTAN Laser schematics now, I should be able to get to work on drafting a set for this soon.

i am glad :)

material is on the way buddy ;)

regards

Psy

Alright. So, with what little decent reference material that was found, posted below is my first attempt at this weapon:

D6 "Diplomat" Pistol -- Draft # 01

It comfortably fits on one 8 1/2 by 11" sheet, using just the rear three-quarter view pic that Psycurve posted at the beginning of this thread. The size was loosely based on my Tokyo Marui Sig Sauer P228 airsoft pistol:

D6 "Diplomat" Pistol -- Size Comparison

However, after looking at the few other reference pics posted both by myself and Psycurve, I realized it came up a little short length-wise. Since I was working off the rear three-quarter view, it's understandable that some of the proportions wouldn't be as they should be, hence the miscalculation in length.

Here's my second attempt at it, using the other pics as reference:

D6 "Diplomat" Pistol -- Draft # 02

D6 "Diplomat" Pistol -- Draft Comparison

I've added another inch or so to the front of the barrel assembly, but to be honest it's still not looking quite right. I may add yet a little more length. We'll see.

Since there doesn't appear to be any reference pics online showing the detail on the front and top of the pistol, it's been decided that some creative license will be employed to design those details.

Oh, and as an added bonus, while I was at it I decided to go ahead and start drafting a schematic for the SK3 "Spring Cleaner" Frag Grenade:

SK3 Frag Grenade -- Drafts # 03 & 04

Since the SK3's design is largely based on the handle/grip of the D6, it made sense to take a stab at it as well.

The way I see it Psycurve, if you're going to be making the pistol anyway, you can easily scratch-build another grip and make the necessary modifications to it for it to be a grenade. Wouldn't take too much more work than the pistol will, imho.

And here ends my first update on this project :)

Stunning!!

great job so far, love what u did on it :)

so slowly it comes in the right dimensions, its prickling in my fingers when i saw at the schematics.....

and for the frag grenade, kewl birthday gift!! and so i decided to make one ;)

feel free, to be creative........

kindest regards

Psycurve

Psycurve said:
Stunning!!

great job so far, love what u did on it
:)

so slowly it comes in the right dimensions, its prickling in my fingers when i saw at the schematics.....

and for the frag grenade, kewl birthday gift!! and so i decided to make one ;)

feel free, to be creative........

kindest regards

Psycurve

BOLD # 1: I'm glad you like what I've done so far, dude. Although there doesn't seem to be much decent reference material available for the D6 pistol, I think it's coming along pretty well.

BOLD # 2: You're welcome for the belated birthday gift, lol. I just figured, since I was already drawing the pistol, and the SK3 grenade is largely based on the handle/grip design of the D6, it wouldn't be too difficult to draw that one up for you as well.

As for being creative with this, since there is no reference material available for the top and front of the pistol, there will obviously need to be some creative liberties made in designing those areas, but for the most part this should turn out to be a fairly faithful reproduction.

I would have more to post on this, but since Tuesday have been putting in a fair amount of time over at a friend's place playing co-op on his copy of HALO: ODST. Going to be doing more of the same today in fact, lol. I should have some time over the weekend to do more with these, though.

I'll keep you posted ;)

hey spartan II,

i am more than happy that u helping me with this !!

So i have absolutly no problem with it, if it would take 3 months to finnish for u, i dont care, because i can wait, and the result is only thing that counts :)

man, this is something u doin in u spare time, and for this u must have a good feeling and a go, please dont feel u have to rush things up here :)

so in the time i am waiting, i have started some other project:

"Haze" black saw assault rifle....... based on a nerf recon gun

haze-20070917001345203-000.jpg

hmm..... looks that i have a hang on these haze weapons....... ;)

wish u good luck with the odst game

regards

Psy

Thanks for your understanding, dude. I'll get these done for you as soon as I can :cool

Btw, that "Black Saw" Assault Rifle looks wicked kewl. Though I've never played the game, I find I'm really liking how they designed these weapons. Very appealing to the eye, imho.

As such, I can understand why you'd be so hung up on them, lol.

I just checked out some pics posted on IGN.com, and came across a few other weapons that I wouldn't mind drawing up schematics for, including the BSW-72 Assault Rifle. Another one that would be kewl to draw up is the DP-118 Combat Shotgun, as well as the Mantel (designation unknown) Sniper Rifle.

Already saved those pics to my hard drive for future reference, and since I've managed to figure out the sizing for the D6 pistol, I can use the handle/grip as a base for comparison for the others.

Of course, those will have to come after I've gotten done with these first. Don't want to put too much on my plate :p

P.S., Finished HALO: ODST. Man, was it good! My friend and I managed to finish it over the course of two days (we were actually really close to finishing it on the first day). A great addition to the game franchise, imho.

Okay, so... I kinda got ahead of myself with these, lol.

Already started (and have now almost finished) the side profile for the BSW-72 Assault Rifle :rolleyes

Oh, and the side profile of the BSW-72 ESR Enhanced Sniper Rifle as well.

Don't have a WiP pic to show of my progress on those yet, but they're looking pretty good in my opinion.

Just so I don't get too ahead of myself, I'm going to put a hold on them and finish up the D6 pistol and SK3 grenade schematics first.

So, now we're getting back on track with this :)

Here are a couple teaser pics of the other HAZE weapons I've been designing on paper:

HAZE BSW-72 Assault Rifle Schematic (Side Profile)

HAZE BSW-72 ESR Enhanced Sniper Rifle Schematic (Side Profile)

As I'd managed to figure out the sizing for the handle/grip for the D6 pistol, and these others weapons appear to have the same handle/grip, I was able to use that as a starting point for determining the size and proportions of both the AR and ESR.

From what I can tell, the AR and ESR are very similarly designed, which proved helpful in designing the ESR after I'd done the first rough draft for the AR. I was able to pretty much copy the rear half of the AR onto a new sheet of paper, then just tweaked the details for the forward half of the ESR.

Based on what decent reference material I could find at IGN.com, I still need to add more length to the barrel, but I'll iron out that detail on the next draft.

Oh, and for the AR, I decided to also design the silencer attachment that goes on the barrel so that one can make either the standard AR or the MANTEL Special Ops AR (with silencer). Looks pretty kewl with that added to the front end, imho.

Compared to the D6, these things are huge, lol. Maybe I should've taken a pic with the D6 pistol in view just to give everyone an idea of the scale of these larger weapons.

The only other one I need to start designing/drawing is the DP-118 Combat Shotgun. But, as I'd stated in my last post, so as not to get too far ahead of myself I'm putting these on hold until I get the pistol and grenade finished.

Anyway, since I'd mentioned working on these other ones, I thought it only proper to post a pic or two to show what I'd done with them so far :)

EDIT: Received a PM from Psycurve mentioning he would have to put a hold on this project. In the meantime though, I will continue to work on these so that they're ready for him when he gets back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back