Hd Cqb Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

agbates

Hey guys! I'm back again with another model for everyone and this time its an HD CQB Helmet. Sorry it has been so long but I have recently been doing a lot of different things involving transformers. As some of you know I am a HUGE transformers fan. I am really depressed I don't live in California because Comic Con is supposed to have a lot of cool stuff. (I am a total geek I know)

Anyways, back on topic and off of transformers, I know there has already been at least one but as you guys know I am really OCD and like doing things myself so I can get it perfect. I really don't want to bring down anyone elses models so don't take what I am saying the wrong way, I just really like to model things on my own.

Anyways I started modeling it late last night and decided if I am going to go ahead and model it why not give it to the community as well. Here are the pics of the what I have so far. As you can see I have the majority of it already modeled and mainly just have to do the sides then go back and add some details. It should be done in a few hours so I'll be sure to post back. As usual tell me what you think!

HDCQB1.jpg

P.S.

As most of you know I love to see it when people use my pep files. It makes me feel really good and makes me feel like I am doing something important. I was just wondering if anyone has tried my HD busa yet and if they have any pics as to how it looks because I haven't seen any threads. Sorry to get off topic but my other topic is pretty much dead.

i hate to tell you man cuz i love your work but i already did an hd file nearly a year ago and there was no intrest to the point no one even remembers it at all. just check my old topic on the hd models its there i think but hey yours will probaly be better than mine

crackhead09 said:
i hate to tell you man cuz i love your work but i already did an hd file nearly a year ago and there was no intrest to the point no one even remembers it at all. just check my old topic on the hd models its there i think but hey yours will probaly be better than mine

Yeah I really liked your model so don't think I didn't like yours just because I modeled my own. I just wanted to add a few extra details and stuff. And I also kind of knew that the CQB Helmet wasn't the most popular helmet but I know that there were still some people that liked it so thought it would be pointless not to post it. Once again I really don't want to disrespect you for modeling this.

Last edited by a moderator:
crackhead09 said:
i just thought you didnt know. and keep going with it man

Thanks. I just saw your recon helmet by your name and man does it look good I was actually thinking about making that my next project. Did I miss it or did you just do it because as I said I haven't really been on in a while and have really only checked to see if anyone has posted some new models and stuff like that. It looks absolutely awesome man. The only other one I've seen that has looked that good was Belakors.

Hey guys its finished and its unfolded! In case you don't like some of the HD parts I have made it so that way if you want to change out some of them you are able to. It also has optional supports if you need them. Here is the link to the file.... HD CQB Helmet by Agbates

Here are the finished pics...

HDCQB2.jpg

HDCQB3.jpg

HDCQB4.jpg

HDCQB5.jpg

There you are now tell me what ya think!

P.S.

I also tried posting the file on the wiki but I think I screwed it up. If anyone knows how to fix that would be awesome. Sorry.

Pretty sick as always agbates!! Now I have a question for you....would you rather see me test build your 'busa or this new beauty??

Hmmm..... Thats a tough one. I think this one is a lot better than my hd busa even though I like the busa helmet more than I do the CQB. I dunno, I would kind of like to see the CQB helmet but which ever you want to do is fine with me.

It's a tough decision for me too....I love the new helm, but I really want to see how the 2-piece hyabusa comes together.
unsure.gif

mks81 said:
It's a tough decision for me too....I love the new helm, but I really want to see how the 2-piece hyabusa comes together.
unsure.gif

Go for the busa if thats what you like. I am really curious to see what it looks like put together to.

agbates, i gotta say, love the way your new cqb looks, i would definitly use it if i rebuild my cqb. I was just curious if you were planning on adding some more detail to it? Specifically the detail on the cheek parts and the extra raised area on the top and around the back along with the vents? I did this a while ago but never got around to posting it.

gallery_6889_1333_256532.jpg

L3X BLU3R1V3R said:
agbates, i gotta say, love the way your new cqb looks, i would definitly use it if i rebuild my cqb. I was just curious if you were planning on adding some more detail to it? Specifically the detail on the cheek parts and the extra raised area on the top and around the back along with the vents? I did this a while ago but never got around to posting it.

gallery_6889_1333_256532.jpg

Yeah I guess I could add some more details. I'll probably only add the details on the vents though and maybe some floating faces.

Looking great. I'm adding this helmet to my list of builds, I think. It's not at the top though (no offense), so don't expect any progress pics anytime soon.

Samuray said:
Looking great. I'm adding this helmet to my list of builds, I think. It's not at the top though (no offense), so don't expect any progress pics anytime soon.

Don't worry about it. I knew when I made it that it was not everyones favorite.

agbates said:
Yeah I guess I could add some more details. I'll probably only add the details on the vents though and maybe some floating faces.

Sweet, it would be greatly appriciated if you could add the raised area around the back of the helm. When i made my cqb i had to add it all manually with bondo because a floating face type deal just wouldnt work right with the double curve and because of having to add that much bondo to make it look right it weighs alot more than i really would like for it to.

L3X BLU3R1V3R said:
Sweet, it would be greatly appriciated if you could add the raised area around the back of the helm. When i made my cqb i had to add it all manually with bondo because a floating face type deal just wouldnt work right with the double curve and because of having to add that much bondo to make it look right it weighs alot more than i really would like for it to.

I wasn't planning on making that part extruded but if you want me to I guess I could. Since there are so many ways people want it I guess I will make multiple versions for you guys.

I was going to do like what L3X said with bondo, but I didn't think about the weight....
dry.gif
. Oh well, whatever you want to do buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back