HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote three piece. Yay for high detail! Don't just add detail though, add resolution. Make it smoother.

(also, you probably already know this, but when you're making the model, make sure to think in terms of building it in real life. Make it in sort of strips.)

Unique Name said:
I vote three piece. Yay for high detail! Don't just add detail though, add resolution. Make it smoother.

(also, you probably already know this, but when you're making the model, make sure to think in terms of building it in real life. Make it in sort of strips.)

I've already started doing this on the heel. (can't see it from my previous screenshots.)
OldNewBootAnimation.gif

Keep bringing on the suggestions everyone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Well I think after you smooth out the toe a little, and connect that gap in Piece 2 (which isn't really all that big of a deal. It could easily be done as a secondary mod) it's going to be near perfect.

If you need someone to unfold the model for you so you can go on to modifying another beautiful piece, you know where to find me! :D

(BTW, you could make a poll about what piece to do next. I'm just noticing that all the pep-makers on this site are all busting out more and more awesome work, some of which is bound to overlap.)

Nicktendo said:
Wow. Well I think after you smooth out the toe a little, and connect that gap in Piece 2 (which isn't really all that big of a deal. It could easily be done as a secondary mod) it's going to be near perfect.

If you need someone to unfold the model for you so you can go on to modifying another beautiful piece, you know where to find me! :D

(BTW, you could make a poll about what piece to do next. I'm just noticing that all the pep-makers on this site are all busting out more and more awesome work, some of which is bound to overlap.)

So when will these files be made available.

tbail1989 said:
So when will these files be made available.

When they come out. :p

In other words, I have no idea.The boot should come out soon, then the helmet, then maybe the chest, eventually all of the Mk VI armor, then the Recon, CQB, EOD, and finally EVA. By the time this is done the retail models will be out, and I'll be working on those. (I have a lot of work ahead of me:lol: )

If I were to tell you, that would mean that I took a wild guess, or can tell the future (I can't, otherwise I would know the lotto numbers, and would just CNC or 3D print the pieces :))

Nicktendo said:

Every time you mention something, I've been thinking the same thing. (first to deep of holes in boot, then overlap part, now the poll). I just logged on to put a poll up on what detail I should add to the helmet. :D

I might have to take you up on that unfolding offer. I might as well not waste time unfolding when I can be remodeling.

When I got here (only 2 months ago), there was hardly any good pep work. Now there is pep all over that rivals the molded armor. Plus over two-thousand more people have joined since I have (I heard there are only around 1600 members total or so that have ever logged in though :().

What do you mean by "some of which is bound to overlap"? o_O

(I probably shouldn't have wrote so much, cause now no one will read all of this reply. Heck, even I can't hardly do it.)
Wow. I need a banana.

Robogenisis said:
Yeah, it's not "My" logic, it's Bungies (I think). I find it a bit strange too. But the PDO's can only be used for printing out, they cannot be used for games, 3D printing, anything of any sort, except for paper. But rules are rules, laws are laws. Besides, if I posted the files, they would be removed almost instantly. :(

Isn't that only if you ask for money?

No. I believe that this is because other people can use it to make money. If they stop it before it gets distributed, it's a lot easier for them?

Robogenisis said:
I might have to take you up on that unfolding offer. I might as well not waste time unfolding when I can be remodeling.
Let me know. I'm available!
Robogenisis said:
What do you mean by "some of which is bound to overlap"?
I mean that there are obviously other helmets out there, and other torsos, (Flying_Squirl's new teaser looks awesome) so maybe you should start first on something else that hasn't been done. (Like your boot, for example.) Basically, I'm getting greedy, haha.

A thought about your helmet detail (heck, you've probably already thought of it!): Under the brim, I don't know if it's significant to add to the Pep model. Details that small usually end up wonky, and won't be worth it. However, I think it's something that people will want to see. (I know I do.) So what you could to, is just make a template of that detail to cut out of a thicker material (like MLC did with illustration board here) and glue to their model to give that look.

Also, I think I misunderstood your vent-jaw thing, so you can change my vote to "Make an indent" instead of "Add detail."

I think I'm writing just as much as you, haha. Biggest fan, maybe?

xalener said:
Isn't that only if you ask for money?
Nope. The model is their property. Same as burning a CD, supposedly.

personally id rather see him unfold these himself, he keeps things so neat, and thats one of my biggest peeves, messy unfolding, or not even messy, but dumb unfolding. theres no "right" way to unfold papercraft, but there are lots of dumb ways.

about the vent things, hes referring to the tubes on the sides in the jaw, most models have an indentation, so you can add a nice piece of wire loom, which is what i would opt for in this instance. also, i agree with nicktindo, just add a seperate 'flat' template for under the brim, not an actual 3d poly connected to the model, that would be too hard.

dannifood4less said:
personally id rather see him unfold these himself, he keeps things so neat, and thats one of my biggest peeves, messy unfolding, or not even messy, but dumb unfolding. theres no "right" way to unfold papercraft, but there are lots of dumb ways.

about the vent things, hes referring to the tubes on the sides in the jaw, most models have an indentation, so you can add a nice piece of wire loom, which is what i would opt for in this instance. also, i agree with nicktindo, just add a seperate 'flat' template for under the brim, not an actual 3d poly connected to the model, that would be too hard.
yea, this is onea my pet hates too. theres no right way but theres a few most effecient a cool looking ways. oh and definatly you should do the detail for under the brim (i know i forgot) but make it so they're just floating polys that way they can be cut out of something thicker like 3mm styrine and then just stuck on.

lookin great so far! keep it up!

FS

flying_squirl said:
yea, this is onea my pet hates too. theres no right way but theres a few most effecient a cool looking ways. oh and definatly you should do the detail for under the brim (i know i forgot) but make it so they're just floating polys that way they can be cut out of something thicker like 3mm styrine and then just stuck on.

lookin great so far! keep it up!

FS

I'm thinking I'm going to unfold it myself. I kind of like unfolding it, and I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else unfolding it.

The floating poly idea seems like a good one. I'll probably do that, except I will put those on a seperate PDO. One for the model, one for added details. That way if you don't want to use those details, you don't have to. :)
There are those details that people have made, but they are separate, and usually pictures. This way you scale it the same to get the right size.

Robogenisis said:
I'm thinking I'm going to unfold it myself. I kind of like unfolding it, and I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else unfolding it.

The floating poly idea seems like a good one. I'll probably do that, except I will put those on a seperate PDO. One for the model, one for added details. That way if you don't want to use those details, you don't have to. :)
There are those details that people have made, but they are separate, and usually pictures. This way you scale it the same to get the right size.

yea, ide say thats the best option, that way your sure it doesnt make your model look bad. not that other people cant unfold properly, its just that the final presintation of your work counts. yea im guna do the floating poly idea (thats why i said it) + ill be doing it in a seprate file too but only because i forgot to add them before i finished unwrapping. :whistle: :lol: if you dont want something to print you can just move it off the paper layout i.e. off to the top left. that way it isnt counted when its sent to jpgs. might be helpful.

Robo:
Really love your bicep piece! looks perfect! can't wait till you release the pep files on that(you said next week right? :cool: )
i just can't get over the bicep. i was looking at ref pics last night of Halo3 and yours is spot on. can't wait till a can make it!!

All I've done on the bicep so far is delete the faces that aren't supposed to be there, and modify 2 faces.
I've unfolded it a bit, just to see if it is possible to even make. I think it is, and I've changed the model since then.
Here's the harder parts unfolded.
BetaPDO.jpg

Robogenisis said:
All I've done on the bicep so far is delete the faces that aren't supposed to be there, and modify 2 faces.
I've unfolded it a bit, just to see if it is possible to even make. I think it is, and I've changed the model since then.
Here's the harder parts unfolded.
BetaPDO.jpg

I was wondering how you were going to unfold the holes! It doesnt look too painful to set up atm. The thing that annoys me about other pep files is that they don't unfold it symmetrically even if theyre symmetrical parts but it doesnt look like it'll be a problem with yours.

I can't stand when a symmetrical piece is unfolded unsymmetrically. Whenever I see this, I either unfold it to my liking, or say "screw it, I'm making a better one." (Like slyfos, I won't use his models, so I'm making my own.)

Robogenisis said:
I can't stand when a symmetrical piece is unfolded unsymmetrically. Whenever I see this, I either unfold it to my liking, or say "screw it, I'm making a better one." (Like slyfos, I won't use his models, so I'm making my own.)
That's exactly what I was trying to do to his models before you made this thread. Removing unnecessary faces and editing the conjoined faces. But I could only do so much in Pepakura.

Thankfully, we've got awesome users like you and FS that are pumping out some amazing new pieces.

I tried the same thing for a while. Trying to get rid of the open edges, and add some detail in pepakura. I was able to add *a little* detail, and almost got rid of the open edges on the chest piece, but after a certain point, pepakura would just freeze and quit due to an exception with the open edges. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back