HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The-last-spartan said:
Cool, will you make a haybusa by any chance?

Yes I will, eventually. Right now I only have the beta models (Mk VI, EOD, EVA, CQB, and Recon). As soon as I get the retail models, I will make everything else. :)
(Besides, someone else is making a hayabusa helmet in 3D. I think he's close to finished, and it looks good.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am almost done with the boot, and should have it up this weekend.I just need to fix a few faces, and I'm pretty much done. :lol:
I'll start with the unfolding tonight or tomorrow morning, and will probably have it up later Saturday, or early Sunday.
I'm updating my first post with new pictures right now. :)

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Hey Robo? You wouldn't happen to be making an ODST Helmet, would you? ;)
Read three posts up.
Robogenisis said:
Right now I only have the beta models (Mk VI, EOD, EVA, CQB, and Recon). As soon as I get the retail models, I will make everything else. :)
That means that I only have the Mk VI, EOD, EVA, CQB, and Recon armor, but I will be making everything else when I get the retail models. (ODST will be the first retail helmet I make. Gotta love the ODST :))

I guess I am going to start unfolding now. :)

I am going to leave the heel and top piece to have a normal edge. This means that you will need to devise your own way to attach the pieces together. You might use some tabs of some sort on the inside, along with the strap on the outside to keep it on. This is what I am planning to do. I might also fuse the top piece and the heel piece, since some people did want it that way.

Now, I am going to add the part between the bottom of the heel and the bottom of the toe, for optional support/spacing.

Will have files up soon :)

Here's a few shots of my work so far. (Old Shots)

Wow im really interested in the forearm with the back cut out. Are you going to release that? Nice work on the boot btw.

Ok, I got the boot about halfway done last night, but when I woke up this morning, and opened it in pepakura, this is what I saw.
messed-up.jpg

I have no idea what happened, so now I have to restart unfolding again.

EDIT:

For a little while there, there was a serious problem. Everytime I opened it in Pepakura Designer, saved it, and re-opened it, it would do this. I did a little editing in 3D, and was able to fix the problem. Now on to re-unfolding. :)

Jesusallahbuddha, that boot looks absolutely amazing.

I cannot wait for you to post these.
[:

Even if it means completely scrapping all the work i've done so far.

Robogenisis said:
Posted the link to the boot. :)
It's 13 pages, and is currently scaled to full size (86 scale).
Woohoo!

My only regret is that I can't start my build yet. :cry:

EDIT: Wow, your scaling system is damn accurate...

i noticed you have your faces flipped, so you changed the settings for the mountain, and valley lines. an easy way to fix that is (before unfolding) go to 3dModelWindow> Change Coordinates> Flip Faces. then the dark blue lines will be the more recognisable mountain fold, with the normal dash, and valley will be light blue with dash-dot-dash style lines. just FYI. but i got it fixed on here since i had to re-size it for me anyways. i got the scaled one for me down to 7 pages..

also, i scaled the boot to fit my shoe rather than my body size, i laid my shoe on a letter size paper to see how big it is, and joined the edges along the bottom of the boot, scaled it down until it was about 1.5 inched larger than my shoe, front to back. i hope that makes sense, its 3;40am, i just got off of work ~15 hrs today...

great work on providing this awesome file.

dannifood4less said:
i noticed you have your faces flipped, so you changed the settings for the mountain, and valley lines. an easy way to fix that is (before unfolding) go to 3dModelWindow> Change Coordinates> Flip Faces. then the dark blue lines will be the more recognizable mountain fold, with the normal dash, and valley will be light blue with dash-dot-dash style lines. just FYI. but i got it fixed on here since i had to re-size it for me anyways. i got the scaled one for me down to 7 pages..

also, i scaled the boot to fit my shoe rather than my body size, i laid my shoe on a letter size paper to see how big it is, and joined the edges along the bottom of the boot, scaled it down until it was about 1.5 inched larger than my shoe, front to back.

I know that I flip the faces. It's easier to see gray on white than white on white. I might just flip them and update the file. You can always get all of my files down to fewer pages (unless you're over 7' tall). i just have it scaled to full size just for accuracy. I think that everyone should scale, then re-arrange to the fewest amount of pages as possible.

For the scaling, I think my feet are about the right proportion to my body. I tried my 6' scale, and my shoe size + a few centimeters, and they were like 1/2 a centimeter different. :)

I can't download it, it's under WinZip and my 45 free day trial is up, and before you start telling me that all I have to do is buy WinZip, I can't, I'm 13 and my parents won't buy something that I'll only use for the armor. So if you have another downloader you can do that doesn't require buying the program, then I could, and some other people could download it.

Just right click the ZIP file, and press "Extract All". Then follow the directions.

You can zip and unzip easily. It is included with Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back