HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicktendo said:
Just some constructive criticism. Please don't take this the wrong way, I think it's great you're doing this and I definitely plan on using these for my build.

Do you think the holes are a little too deep? (See attatchment.) At first I thought they were too big too, but after closer examination, they look good there. It's hard to judge since it's a part of the texture and not of the model...
I don't take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism the wrong way. Criticism can just make my models better.
I don't take kindly to "Your models suck" criticism. Tell me why so I can try to fix it.

Now, I was thinking the same thing for the to deep of holes. Here's a new pic of the boot updated and with shallower holes. :)
Boot.jpg

s-meister said:
You asked for it ^^. Here's a link to a zip file full of every possible angle of the MK. VII.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FXIJRG15

Also, do you have the 3D model files? Because I'd hate to make something knowing it's not 100% accurate. I know somebody else has the files uploaded somewhere on this site ^^, sorry to be so vague. I don't know if I speak for others but DON'T CUT DOWN ON THE DETAILING AT ALL! Don't worry about it being impossible, it'll be fun IMO.
Well, those are Halo 2 renders. I need Halo 3 Renders or screenshots.

I am going to cut down on it a bit. If I didn't, you would be trying to fold something half a nano-meter wide. But I will add just about every detail that I think is average to skilled humanly possible, and smooth it out a lot.

I DO have the 3D models, straight from Halo 3. The very same that slyfo made his with, but I'm making it with more detail because I have 3D modeling knowledge, and I want my armor the very best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are looking really good I might use your models for the rest of my suit (i already have sylfo's helm printed).

-Matt

SO glad to hear you're doing as much detail as it can handle. I'm down for the challenge!

Will you be doing the helm? Because, like many, that's the first piece I want to make. I've already done two versions of DF4L's "smooth" helm, before he pointed out the little flaws he missed. So I was waiting for his fixed uploads.

I will be doing every piece of armor, every variation of armor, and eventually every weapon (once I get the models).

I'm starting with all the Mk VI armor, then the other variations of helmets, then shoulders, then chest pieces.
Right now I only have the beta models (Mk VI, EOD, EVA, CQB, and Recon).
I'm starting with the boots (for what ever reason), then maybe the helmet or bicep.

Excellent. I'm too psyched for this. Already the models look amazing, and you're not even done with them yet! And this is only one days work? Wow.

You've got one guy here on board already.

I've got the models and the texture map too, I just wish I knew how to wrap it so I could take some reference shots... :cautious:

Nicktendo said:
Excellent. I'm too psyched for this. Already the models look amazing, and you're not even done with them yet! And this is only one days work? Wow.

You've got one guy here on board already.

I've got the models and the texture map too, I just wish I knew how to wrap it so I could take some reference shots... :cautious:

If anything, You probably only have the Normal map, Thats all that has really leaked along with the models. Also, if I remeber correctly, All the leaked models were unUVW'd, that means the texture would be useless.

Progress is looking good, those "Uneeded Random Faces" I am guess were on the upperarm piece, it's for the strip of paint on the armor that looks like this :p. ==VI== .

Looks like you have plenty of image refrences, let me know if you need any specifics.

-Doom

Edit: And remove those soft spots from the shoes.

Doom said:
If anything, You probably only have the Normal map, Thats all that has really leaked along with the models. Also, if I remeber correctly, All the leaked models were unUVW'd, that means the texture would be useless.
Yeah, my modeling skills are so far pretty nonexistant, and I think that's what I do have: something useless.

In any case, I've been searching for some good high-res reference images so I might be able to pinpoint where the detail goes on the pep as it relates to the polygons in-game.

Doom said:
Edit: And remove those soft spots from the shoes.

I will, I'm just leaving them in for now, maybe for support, maybe for reasons beyond my comprehension. ;)

nice work, i would be doing this exact same thing if i had more time to be on the computer :/ . those details are looking good. pretty soon the gap between pepakura armor and molded armor will be very minimal. :p glad to see so many good things coming from you, loved that AR you did as well :) building it soon too

doom is right, that rubbery part isnt needed, in fact, the boot can be made in two seperate halves (toe, and heel)

-edit
hey what 3d program are you using, i use google sketchup and metasequoia, ... the intersect faces tool in google sketchup is cool, but its unreliable, and metseq dont have anything like that, i was wondering aout other programs, i have 3dstudio max, but cant figure it out! lol

These are excellent - thanks for providing them! :D

Details like this would lessen the amount of details I need to add to Pep, not counting the time spent as well as the guestimate on the location of the added mods.

Keep up the good work sir!

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

I mostly use Milkshape 3D (30 day free trial, $25 to buy) and I can use 3DS Max at school a little bit. Both these programs used together really make modeling a lot simpler.

Milkshape 3D is good because it have an easy "create face" tool, and "Weld Verticies" tool. Its interface isn't the best, you can only select things in the 3 wireframe panels, not in the 3D panel like in Max. It also sees files a lot like pepakura. 3DS Max will flip some faces which can cause open edges.

3DS Max is good because or the interface, and all the tools and modifiers it has. I find myself using the "Boolean" tool a bit (MS3D doesn't have a boolean tool, unless I just haven't found it.) It also has so many more primitives (objects) which makes modeling easier.

I do wish I owned 3ds Max. Maybe someday.

I really like the idea of the 3 piece boot! I said the same thing for the poll on a removable clip for the MA5C: Whoever doesn't want it can just glue it in place.

Do you think you'll incorporate this idea for other pieces as well? (Torso, etc.)

i think its a great idea, along with the issue of fitting better it'll look better aswell. i noticed this alot with people building the helmet models, people wouldnt take the time to add a detail in the finished helmet so if you add it into the pepakura file they don't have to.

Robogenisis said:
I will probably do this in any piece that it can be done well with. :)
i know there are several clips like that that would in fact be clipping two separate armour pieces together on the halo 3 mkvi

I think I might wait til next week to start releasing files. That way I can finish them up in 3DS Max to make them look all that they can be. If I think the model looks good enough before then, I'll release it.

Robogenisis said:
I think I might wait til next week to start releasing files. That way I can finish them up in 3DS Max to make them look all that they can be. If I think the model looks good enough before then, I'll release it.
Sounds good. Take all the time you need! I don't expect to really jump into my build for another month (maybe more) and I don't think anyone has the right to be mad if you're taking the time to make YOUR models better.

I DO have the 3D models, straight from Halo 3. The very same that slyfo made his with, but I'm making it with more detail because I have 3D modeling knowledge, and I want my armor the very best.

Awesome. Its cool you are taking the time to do this and are willing to share with people, as an experiment I have folded two of slyflos pep files (eod and cqb helmets) and (no offense to slyflo is intended) I would say they are almost totally unsuitible for pepakura, they need to be remodeled completly imo, I had been working on remodeling the CQB helmet to make it more user friendly, but another project is eating up my spare time at the moment, anyway, just wanted to say thanks for doing this for everyone and as a show of gratitude I give you three of these dancing cat things :)

hey robo genius i'm willing to help just what pieces do you need screen shots of i'ld be more than happy to get them for you. you rock at pepakura :not worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back