Hd Mk Vi, My Second Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afr0Blu3

Jr Member
Some of you may remember my previous progress thread where I was making a set of medium detail RoboGenesis armour for London's MCM Expo. I succeeded and the armour was a huge hit, however, only the upper half survived the weekend, so I figured instead of just rebuilding the parts that broke, I'll rebuild the whole thing from high detail models and really drive myself insane!

Please bear in mind that I don't have much in the way of free time or disposable income right now so progress will be slow.

Here's the newly pepped helmet:

HPIM0716.jpg

Here it is on me:

HPIM0715.jpg

Here it is next to my old helmet:

HPIM0717.jpg

Here's a pic of my old suit for reference (I'm the blue one).

Spartans05.jpg

I've not put any of the supports in yet, and I've cut a couple of holes into it. I plan to put mesh behind these holes as they are black areas anyway so that the helmet will be better ventilated than my old one.

I wouldn't mind finding out if it's possible to make a mold from a Pepakura build, because my friend is again interested in joining me as a red team Mk VI and we're about the same size, if I can make molds from the pepped pieces I can cast two, one for me and one for him, and save us both a lot of time and possibly money.

It is indeed possible to mold pepped armor, and it produces fantastic results! I don't really know much about moldmaking, but there are a few tutorial sites floating around Google, and you could probably ask some people who have molded on this forum if you have any questions.

It was FlyingSquirrel's. It was a bit of a bitch to build in places XD. Overall it was probably easier than RoboGenesis' medium def helmet, but the sides where the bulbs go had a ledge which was more fiddly for me than the ammo counter on an AR so I gave up on the ledge and put it on flat XD

Congrats on the baby good sir :)

I like how cleanly the helmets pepped. Hope it all fits together this time.

looking forward to seeing it all in may, lets not walk off again :p

Thanks guys. I'm currently looking at the file for Orig's HD torso and trying to get myself mentally prepared for it XD

@Sierra: Thanks, hopefully we'll get to have better chat in May :)

Hey looking good so far!

it's understandable that it'll be

a while before it's complete.

took me a while for my Second suit

also (also full HD).

Afr0Blu3 said:
Thanks guys. I'm currently looking at the file for Orig's HD torso and trying to get myself mentally prepared for it XD

@Sierra: Thanks, hopefully we'll get to have better chat in May :)

Bold: Why don't you what I do, just get some headphone's and listen to music and spase out while you do it, it will go faster lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on being a soon-to-be father. The helmet looks great; I hope the rest of your suit goes just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back